Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked on the Zeebrugge shipment timetable. RCC Amsterdam is due to arrive at 9th December 8am gmt and won't depart until 11th December 6am (but this is not booked in at Southampton)

Glovis Crystal is due to arrive in zeebruge at midnight tonight and will depart at 10pm tomorrow and is due to arrive in Southampton at 20:20 on 10th December.

I wonder whats going on with RCC Amsterdam?
The latest update is that RCC AMSTERDAM will now arrive in Zeebrugge around midday tomorrow. She has picked up speed and is once again on course for Zeebrugge. I expect her subsequent movements will now be reforecasted and we may see her reappear on the Southampton board later today.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL remains to be 'PM' on Thursday into Southampton. (2020 is the year)

The latest update is that RCC AMSTERDAM will now arrive in Zeebrugge around midday tomorrow. She has picked up speed and is once again on course for Zeebrugge. I expect her subsequent movements will now be reforecasted and we may see her reappear on the Southampton board later today.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL remains to be 'PM' on Thursday into Southampton. (2020 is the year)

Thanks for the update! I cant wait my car is on Amsterdam and I've been getting very excited its whole journey when it was skimming across the ocean but then disheartened when she stopped on the last leg!

How longs does a ship normally stay in Zeebrugge to just offload and go?
It depends how much is offloaded and how many teams of stevedores are thrown at it. ICO Zeebrugge are very efficient and 24hrs for a partial offload is possible.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has still to dock in Zeebrugge - it's just after 3am there and she is due to depart at 10pm. That's barely enough time for the partial unload and so I don't think she will be able to receive UK cars from RCC AMSTERDAM as well.

The Wednesday daily update will be very late today. Sorry.
It will report the arrival of GLOVIS CRYSTAL to Zeebrugge, at last. She is due to depart at 10pm for Southampton (arriving Thursday PM)

Hopefully, RCC AMSTERDAM will have also docked in Zeebrugge. At present she has still to appear on the Southampton arrivals board.

LYDDEN continues to race across the Atlantic. She is presently maintaining her rhumb line easterly course at 19.5kts despite increasing winds of 35kts and rough seas. Her stated ETA for Amsterdam remains 1000 local on 14 Dec. I've said before that I regard this as a very ambitious ETA and so it's worthy of note that the Amsterdam arrivals has her down to arrive at 13:45

GLOVIS SUN is also maintaining her rhumb line course but at 18.3kts in calmer seas. ETA Zeebrugge 15 Dec

It's competition day and I will have the midday positions of both LYDDEN and GLOVIS SUN recorded and so the results will be announced as soon as I return from London.

RCC Amsterdam has docked right next to Glovis Crystal, so if they were going to cross load, they've got ~7hrs to do it and minimal distance. I see no Amsterdam listing on the public Southampton arrivals page still, Glovis Crystal still listed as tomorrow 'PM'.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 14.37.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 14.37.08.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
A belated summary

GLOVIS CRYSTAL She arrived in Zeebrugge in the small hours of this morning and is due to depart around 10pm for Southampton where she is still due to arrive tomorrow afternoon.

RCC AMSTERDAM She arrived in Zeebrugge today. Since she has not reappeared on the Southampton arrivals board one must assume that they plan to cross load the RHD vehicles onto the GLOVIS CRYSTAL. A fine plan but very little time to ensure its success.

LYDDEN Is still maintaining her easterly rhumb line course and is not quite able to maintain 19kts in the strong wind and rough seas. Her position at midday is shown on the chart. ETA in Amsterdam 14 Dec

Lydden Atlantic.png

GLOVIS SUN Is also maintaining her rhumb line course across the Atlantic and is also maintaining a good speed of just under 19kts.
She is currently expected in Zeebrugge on 15 Dec.

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

Competition results coming up shortly.....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr. Impatient