Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.18.3 just dropped....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm if downloading .3 on older radar equipped model Y's if activates the camera function for driver awareness. I really do not want this nag if it watches me and decides and will hold off as long as I can if this is the case. My car does say it is available but need my question answered before I choose to download or not.

Reactions: Giraffe950
So I just had 2 gents from Tesla Mobile support come to my house to look at my lack of Sentry issue. As expected they couldn't
get it to work either. One of the guys had his laptop and was looking at diagnostic stuff on the car and it seemed to indicate
that the USB was not working. I proved that wrong because we were able to save clips successfully with the stock
Tesla USB and another one I had. He was on with the back end "Virtual engineering" team who wanted them to swap out the
glove box. The back of the glove box has a bunch of chips and stuff but after failing a few other tests he decided not to
bother.

While here I also showed them the Reddit thread which they read as well as a few other articled but this was the first they're
hearing of this issue in the Phoenix area. They send more logs to the Virtual guys and told me that team would be looking
at my car remotely and would reach out if they needed me to bring it in.
Could you confirm whether your MY has radar or not and what software version you are on?

Thanks.

How do you all know Sentry is not functioning? Dumb question, I know. I am in a non-radar Y. Delivered with 18.2 and updated to 18.3 last Monday or Tuesday.

Can anyone confirm if downloading .3 on older radar equipped model Y's if activates the camera function for driver awareness. I really do not want this nag if it watches me and decides and will hold off as long as I can if this is the case. My car does say it is available but need my question answered before I choose to download or not.

Can't speak on behalf of the exact answer you're looking for, but out of curiosity I did find if you cover the camera with your hand it doesn't nag you on AP. Haven't tried it for longer than a minute though.

Replying to bump this comment. Has anybody with the update on a radar equipped Y tried autopilot with tape over the camera? The camera gives me the creeps, even if Tesla promises the data isn’t transmitted.

Replying to bump this comment. Has anybody with the update on a radar equipped Y tried autopilot with tape over the camera? The camera gives me the creeps, even if Tesla promises the data isn’t transmitted.
Yes. I got 18.3 on 6/12. I've had electrical tape over my cabin camera for the past 11 months with no issue. FSD/AP works just fine with 18.3 and a taped cabin camera.

It's been ~1 week so I'm confident about another great 4.18.2 fix/enhancement:

AP will proceed straight through traffic lights and doesn't following the lead car into a turning lane.

AP would always follow the lead car reliably on (sub)urban streets, however, when we came up to a light sometimes it would blindly follow the lead car (instead of the road). If the leading car went into a turning lane, then AP would follow it into the turning lane. I'd have to intervene to continue straight.

I haven't had to disengage AP with 4.18.2. AP will follow the road straight through traffic lights reliably.

MY_efficiency_jun25.jpg

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Ok glad I'm not the only one! I took delivery of my MY 9 days ago. I have the same software version and no updates yet.
Supposedly the 2021.3.103 first started in May and seems to be related to the move from radar to vision. I'm sure we'll be getting an update soon. If not, I assume the service center will push any new software to the car with my appointment in a couple weeks. This is the way.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
That time, no, I didn't have anyone in front of me. I've had my car for more than a year and I go through that intersection frequently, most of the time I get a red light and it's with cars ahead of me.

AP follows the lead car through green lights reliably.

Nice, but were you driving right behind someone else? If so, try it when you are behind someone. It will probably still want to stop like mine does.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert