Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have 2021.40.x available or installed?

• Yes

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Still waiting

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • Still haven’t received the most recent 2021.38 yet

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • I don’t update my Tesla

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would anyone not use auto lol, do you mess with your settings on home HVAC or do you just select the temperature and expect it to do it’s thing? 😅
It’s not about just auto... I want to leave it off but turn a seat heater on in the back... but the hvac turns on as soon as you bring up the window... then it’s extra clicks (not to mention extra compressor cycles) to turn it back off

And yes I leave my home hvac off very often

Reactions: Johnny Vector
It’s not about just auto... I want to leave it off but turn a seat heater on in the back... but the hvac turns on as soon as you bring up the window... then it’s extra clicks (not to mention extra compressor cycles) to turn it back off

And yes I leave my home hvac off very often
IIRC, the AC runs regardless as it helps manage the battery temperature. I could be wrong but I recall seeing this as a true. In which case, having HVAC off only saves you minimal use unless it is sub 60°f outside.

Interesting. It will be two weeks for my tomorrow on our MYLR.

Current version shows 2021.35.102.1

There's no way to manually update it? I haven't looked yet. Still much to learn about the car.
i'm stuck on this version as well and same delivery day as you pretty much... i think we're just trapped in some kind of one month limbo until we start getting updates

my S certainly gets updates more timely

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Interesting. It will be two weeks for my tomorrow on our MYLR.

Current version shows 2021.35.102.1

There's no way to manually update it? I haven't looked yet. Still much to learn about the car.
Nope. You can set your SW update preference to 'advanced' -

• Advanced: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.
I don't think there is proof that this really moves you to the front of the line, however....

Nope. You can set your SW update preference to 'advanced' -

• Advanced: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.
I don't think there is proof that this really moves you to the front of the line, however....
You may be right but the day I toggled it to Advanced I got my first update

Looks like it started rolling out in full force this week.

Attachments

• 532A543C-AD31-4B4C-BCD0-B8EE5B21B30B.png
    532A543C-AD31-4B4C-BCD0-B8EE5B21B30B.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 66
Just installed 40.6 this am. Waypoints! Yay! Navigation is also supposed to give you multiple route options now, with quickest being the default. I tried one route to Upstate NY but it only had one option. Will have to try that again.

So frustrating to be stuck on 36.5.5.

I see what Tesla is doing: rolling out new updates to small groups, so they can fix issues in a smaller user group before rolling out system wide.

Plus, they can do some A:B:C....n... comparisons, by keeping people on each of the several iterations that are live at once.

Still really frustrating. I need (ok, could really use) waypoints.

I'm doing all the dances, nothing works.

Finally got the most recent update with Tidal. Two things to note: Tidal sounds better at a stop, on the road, the deeper notes get lost and it isn’t as great as Spotify in terms of volume and clarity in the mids. Maybe I need to adjust the EQ doe tidal to reflect this as I adjusted it for Spotify quality. Not sure it’s worth the tidal subscription.

They don’t have shuffle and it shuffles automatically. The download feature also sucks as it doesn’t automatically update/download playlists that change day to day so you have to manually do this each time. And it doesn’t update unless you’re in the car w wifi on.

Regen braking works better at cooler temperatures. I’ve noticed below 64 degrees I get reduced regen. Now with update, at 50* I’m getting same regen braking as I did when it was warmer out.

The updated graphics of the car while driving are not as crisp—they are trying too hard and the lack of pixel density means the image looks choppy. The car is also smaller in the visualizations which isn’t as appealing unless I can shrink that white box down but that isn’t available on this GUI build.

Haven’t tested TACC or auto pilot but hope there aren’t too many changes to that as it worked fine before.

• Informative
Reactions: Canyonero