Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like the update moves tire pressure information from Cards to the Car's main setting menu under Service section. I don't know who conceived this change before they had their morning coffee! Tire pressure sensor readings are only available while the car is moving, and how on earth could someone, while driving, safely bring up the Car's main menu, choose Service and tap the right button there?

It sounds like the update moves tire pressure information from Cards to the Car's main setting menu under Service section. I don't know who conceived this change before they had their morning coffee! Tire pressure sensor readings are only available while the car is moving, and how on earth could someone, while driving, safely bring up the Car's main menu, choose Service and tap the right button there?
Must have hired someone from MB.

Works that way in the S class.

And no voice commands to simplify the 5 inputs required.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow

Most likely the cards will be available with voice control.

Personally, I love the update. I've never mastered the card flipping, and it's probably the biggest distraction dealing with the touch screen. A tap or two to get to the same screen, for me, would be far easier. I'm tired of trying to flip the card only to rotate the display instead.

Tire pressure sensor readings are only available while the car is moving, and how on earth could someone, while driving, safely bring up the Car's main menu, choose Service and tap the right button there?

You can do those taps after parking, although at that point people are focused on what they're doing next.

It'd help if the car remembered (and dated) its last tire pressure readings so you could get them later.

Just for the record ... my car was on 2021.36.5.5 this morning, with the software update option set to 'standard'.
I changed the update preference to "Advanced" and the car immediately started downloading 2021.44.6

So I think this clarifies whether the 'Advanced/Normal' option makes any difference.

Reactions: jjgg
Just for the record ... my car was on 2021.36.5.5 this morning, with the software update option set to 'standard'.
I changed the update preference to "Advanced" and the car immediately started downloading 2021.44.6

So I think this clarifies whether the 'Advanced/Normal' option makes any difference.
So this proves one thing - Normal does have an effect to make you stay behind. Probably Tesla actually treats them as "Normal/Delayed" while labelling them as "Advanced/Normal".

Just registered an account here to thank you because after seeing your post I tried this and it worked for me as well. Thank you :)

Reactions: house9 and Wadisr