Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone think that they will offer rebates/other incentives to get rid of the 2020 models? As I've stated over and over I'd love the refresh but with the right incentive I'd take a 2020 no problem

I think in very limited cases this will happen. Those with a good contact with a sales associate will probably be able to locate one and make a deal on it. You may have to be flexible on color combos and options.

Reactions: zerb012345
As we have seen on this forum there may still be a lot of potential customers, who actually prefer the chrome finish and the old central console look and functionality, so I wouldn't be so sure that everybody wants to wait for M3 refresh, let alone the annoyance of waiting.
That is even better for Tesla then. They haven't announced anything, people are panick buying the inventory. Win-win.

Does anyone think that they will offer rebates/other incentives to get rid of the 2020 models? As I've stated over and over I'd love the refresh but with the right incentive I'd take a 2020 no problem
Pick up the phone and find a nearby SA or contact Tesla via chat on their website and ask them to put you through a SA. If they don't offer anything you have nothing to loose, you can have them know you want a rebate and they might find something else down the line in a couple of weeks. I doubt Tesla will have hard time selling inventory

i believe they were offering an additional 1000 supercharging miles if you were to pick up before sept 30th as they were looking to squeeze those in before quarter ended

not sure if there is anything currently

I've taken the chance and uploaded my licence as I have seen a few M's filtering through to other Tesla orders (according to other forums). If I get assigned an L VIN, I'll phone up the SA and delay a bit longer. Fingers crossed though I'll get assigned an early M though now. The main reason for the M hold out is the Tesla power trunk and I was going to de-chrome too.

Hope I haven't jumped in too early.

For those who have experience in turning down an assigned VIN, I assume it's pretty straightforward and I can easily do up until I have paid for the car?

I've taken the chance and uploaded my licence as I have seen a few M's filtering through to other Tesla orders (according to other forums). If I get assigned an L VIN, I'll phone up the SA and delay a bit longer. Fingers crossed though I'll get assigned an early M though now. The main reason for the M hold out is the Tesla power trunk and I was going to de-chrome too.

For those who have experience in turning down an assigned VIN, I assume it's pretty straightforward and I can easily do up until I have paid for the car?

I'm in the same boat as you, I ordered yesterday. Is it right that you don't get a VIN until you have uploaded your drivers licence?

Yes very straightforward. You may have a sales advisor to contact you via email or phone. You can let them know you'll wait and they'll release the VIN and mark your account until 2021s arrive.

I wish we knew if there was a heat pump in the refreshed version. I really dont care about chrome delete, new centre console, or even the power trunk, but I want the heat pump. If I knew it wasnt included I'd pick one up ASAP.
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't shift to the heat-pump. Simplifies things to have the M3 and MY to use the same parts. They've already redesigned the frunk to accommodate it. But the way Tesla works, maybe they implement it when the run out of M3 compressors.

I placed my deposit last night and was immediately assigned an L VIN #. I called the local store today and asked that I be unassigned from that VIN and be matched up closer to December. About an hour later, I checked my account and the original VIN was gone and replaced with an estimated delivery date of 11/18-12/16. Hope this info helps.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and Pemple
I must be a lucky one then because my Tesla rep not only replies to my email and text messages within 10 minutes and even after 7pm, but also sent me a confirmation in writing that if I want to they will postpone the delivery till the time the refreshed M3 shows up in their inventory.
I agree with you and have had the same service. My experiences with the Dedham, MA SC over the last 3+ years have been excellent all around from sales to service. Just took delivery of MY on 9/30 and they acted as if I was the only delivery and addressed all my concerns yet were the 3rd busiest SC in the country. Not that everything has been perfect, but a loyal, helpful and friendly team that cares and does their best with difficult corporate growing pains and a fair number of entitled massholes being unfair and/or ignorant that I have witnessed.

So it seems people who get L VIN's are getting them pretty quick. I haven't seen many examples of people getting M VIN's quick.

I wonder if that is a coincidence or there's more to it.

I wonder also if you're more likely to get an L on a standard car than you won a LR or Performance - as there's more of those L's left over and "ready".