Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it seems people who get L VIN's are getting them pretty quick. I haven't seen many examples of people getting M VIN's quick.

I wonder if that is a coincidence or there's more to it.

I wonder also if you're more likely to get an L on a standard car than you won a LR or Performance - as there's more of those L's left over and "ready".
Has somebody here actually confirmed receiving the 2021 VIN already? I wonder when the 2021 VINs will start appearing for M3.

Last edited:
I have also placed my order (25/9) but I have not been asked to provide my driving licence or anything. I haven't also been informed that I have been assigned a VIN. In which part of the process do you provide your licence?

I have also placed my order (25/9) but I have not been asked to provide my driving licence or anything. I haven't also been informed that I have been assigned a VIN. In which part of the process do you provide your licence?
It didn’t ask me per se, but when I went into my account it had me fill in all sorts of information including drivers license. Might want to try that.

Reactions: Npap
Has anyone in the uk or Europe actually been allocated an M VIN so far? Or know of anyone having been allocated one? On the model 3 mainly, but interesting to see for each model.

on our order it is showing the estimated delivery date as blank and no VIN details. Maybe a sign there is no immediate allocation available and we may stand a good chance at the M, but who knows, there could be another boat off L VINS heading over?

I looked backwards in the order tracker to the end of the previous quarter, and it seems like it took about 40-50 days for most people who bought at the end of the previous quarter to receive their VIN's from the next batch.

I ordered on Sept 24, and haven't received anything. So based on the history, I expect I'll get a 2021 VIN, but not until at least mid November at this rate.

Doesn't stop me from refreshing my order page every few hours though.

New VIN meaning refresh new process VINs or just new VINs (technically they are all new)?

I cant wait for the threads of replies where people will decline or want assigned VINs to be unassigned because they were paired with the new process cars... but instead want the older pre refresh cars.

I can see many wanting the earlier 2020 pre-refresh cars, second only to those who dont care either way and could not tell even if you point out the diffs to them. We shall see.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
What are the chances the 3 refresh has a higher range like the 2021 X?
I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't know much about EPA testing, but if they test for how cars perform across differing climates, I could imagine the addition of a potential heat pump plus better insulation from the double laminated glass, could improve the average range across seasons.

Reactions: byeLT4
Q4 is the biggest quarter of the year, I do wonder how long they're going to take to reveal these changes more officially. My earliest current delivery date in NE United States is October 17th (latest November 14th). Anyone else have anything earlier? I originally placed my order in September with my Sales Advisor knowing I'd likely delay until the heat pump arriving. What are other current timelines like? I feel like I may be just setting myself up for a further delay :/

This makes me feel like we'll either here somewhere on the 17th, or the day of Q3 earnings (or within a couple days after). Any more news of people seeing these being transported within the US? I've only heard murmurs the US export models...

Q4 is the biggest quarter of the year, I do wonder how long they're going to take to reveal these changes more officially. My earliest current delivery date in NE United States is October 17th (latest November 14th). Anyone else have anything earlier? I originally placed my order in September with my Sales Advisor knowing I'd likely delay until the heat pump arriving. What are other current timelines like? I feel like I may be just setting myself up for a further delay :/

This makes me feel like we'll either here somewhere on the 17th, or the day of Q3 earnings (or within a couple days after). Any more news of people seeing these being transported within the US? I've only heard murmurs the US export models...
I saw a batch of new process model 3's to tonight on the 101 leaving fremont. All european spec. One of the cars had the new 19in sport wheels and I like them even less in person. Also can't say I'm a fan of the new black trim. Anyways looks like as of yesterday at least the factory was still tooled for exports.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Promoter
Refresh goes to 353 miles too....

Attachments

• 7470D86E-1130-4438-A366-6B105CF790B8.jpeg
    7470D86E-1130-4438-A366-6B105CF790B8.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 89