Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MarcG got them. But he went by the service center to get them, not contacted (if I recall).
Correct-o! I really wanted to pickup my trunk privacy shelf asap as I didn't like parking in public places without it, and they happened to also have my floor mats and other missing bits (trunk cargo area covers & rear license plate frame) available for me to pick up.

Correct-o! I really wanted to pickup my trunk privacy shelf asap as I didn't like parking in public places without it, and they happened to also have my floor mats and other missing bits (trunk cargo area covers & rear license plate frame) available for me to pick up.
I lived in SF with my 2017 Model S for 3 years and had the back small window broken 2 times when my privacy trunk shelf was installed (and down). Both times I didn't have anything in the trunk. This happened 2 times the first year and never again after I stopped keeping the privacy shelf in the car. If you have the privacy shelf down, thieves will think you are trying to hide something.

Issue popped up again but worse.
1E794732-2203-4FC5-8995-DCD4821DAC2C.jpeg

Attachments

• 748DD4AA-BC17-404F-98C6-2F9165042334.jpeg
    748DD4AA-BC17-404F-98C6-2F9165042334.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 48
@MrExitStrategy - please tell me you have your car back and things are fixed.
I would LOVE to tell you that... well here is the latest update: I went to check on my car yesterday, granted I was out of town for a week and just got back, and everything was supposedly fixed except for the paint issues where they have scheduled an appointment with their body shop at the end of October! Anyway, I went there yesterday and were walking around the car with the SA when we found out that the front passenger door handle wouldn't pop out or open from the inside... I did the two button reset and it would open from the inside but the door handle still wouldn't come out. So they decided to keep it for another day... I'm supposed to be able to pick it up later today but we will see.... It's been a solid 3 weeks at the SC... I miss my car :(

I would LOVE to tell you that... well here is the latest update: I went to check on my car yesterday, granted I was out of town for a week and just got back, and everything was supposedly fixed except for the paint issues where they have scheduled an appointment with their body shop at the end of October! Anyway, I went there yesterday and were walking around the car with the SA when we found out that the front passenger door handle wouldn't pop out or open from the inside... I did the two button reset and it would open from the inside but the door handle still wouldn't come out. So they decided to keep it for another day... I'm supposed to be able to pick it up later today but we will see.... It's been a solid 3 weeks at the SC... I miss my car :(

Holy *sugar*. Man, wtf. Well, keep us updated! Would love to see another video if you have time to see what they fixed or how much they could fix!

Edit: just got back from putting some blue painters tape on the arm that attaches to the back of the seat and it worked. That is the fix. I'm just going to change out the blue tape for black tape and case closed. ( See pix below ) Why have them start digging into the back of the seat and possibly screw something else up.
Planetary and Bull hit the nail on the head. Thanks
Gluber
Thanks so much for this tip. I put some felt tape I had around the part and no more noise! Problem solved and cancelled my appointment with service center.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Any update on this?
I took it in last Friday and obviously wasn't making the sound when doing test drive... :rolleyes: ... but they did take a look, and said a couple of the bolts ing suspension where "below spec for torque"... :rolleyes: ...so they tightened up and marked for next time. I got home and Sunday I started hearing again. Its not super bad - especially when radio is on ;) - so I'm on fence as to whether to take back in to see if things moved any as it did take up my entire morning.

Update on my car, 3 days of repair work without a single peep from service. No offer of loaner, no uber credits, i had to ask for it on the third day when i got a message saying my car was done. Service now sucks ass. I thought it was bad before, but now it is really really bad. The invoice has zero detail as to what was wrong with the car. The service advisor gave me some bs about it being software and they pushed software to the car that solved it. upon questioning him again as to why the 12 volt died in 5 minutes, he said some bs about the car protecting the 12v and shutting it down. total crap. he then also said that they redid some of the wire harness. None of this is on the invoice. only thing the invoice said was general diagnosis. what the actual f**k.

If it was just software, doesn't give me much confidence it won't happen again. SA said he hopes it won't then threw in the extra bit about the wire harness being redone. again, no detail on the invoice. Definitely need to give some critical feedback to Tesla as to how their service sucks. They didn't fix my loose suspension bolt. i guess they will fix it when i bring it in next time for a few issues that remains unresolved.

Update on my car, 3 days of repair work without a single peep from service. No offer of loaner, no uber credits, i had to ask for it on the third day when i got a message saying my car was done. Service now sucks ass. I thought it was bad before, but now it is really really bad. The invoice has zero detail as to what was wrong with the car. The service advisor gave me some bs about it being software and they pushed software to the car that solved it. upon questioning him again as to why the 12 volt died in 5 minutes, he said some bs about the car protecting the 12v and shutting it down. total crap. he then also said that they redid some of the wire harness. None of this is on the invoice. only thing the invoice said was general diagnosis. what the actual f**k.

If it was just software, doesn't give me much confidence it won't happen again. SA said he hopes it won't then threw in the extra bit about the wire harness being redone. again, no detail on the invoice. Definitely need to give some critical feedback to Tesla as to how their service sucks. They didn't fix my loose suspension bolt. i guess they will fix it when i bring it in next time for a few issues that remains unresolved.

As far as I recall, I’ve had a survey request a few days after every service. Whether at center or mobile. I’ve been honest and balanced in my responses. Pointing out both weaknesses and strengths (yes, they have those too).

Received three call backs from the managers at the location to discuss further. Is everyone else not getting the same surveys? Have they stopped doing this?

I took it in last Friday and obviously wasn't making the sound when doing test drive... :rolleyes: ... but they did take a look, and said a couple of the bolts ing suspension where "below spec for torque"... :rolleyes: ...so they tightened up and marked for next time. I got home and Sunday I started hearing again. Its not super bad - especially when radio is on ;) - so I'm on fence as to whether to take back in to see if things moved any as it did take up my entire morning.
Thanks for the update! I figured it wouldn't be a quick fix of course. I'm still hearing it while driving slowly (i.e parking lot) and when music is off. Have appt scheduled for 10/7.

Reactions: impastu