Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll either take the car with the tires it comes with or you will be leaving without a car. (I'm not even sure there are AS tires that fit the 21" wheels at this time.)

What do SAs and people on Tesla forums have in common? Zero have a clue wtf is really going on.

Ill figure it all out when it delivers, until then, its all speculation. Nothing with Tesla is fact…. And that my friend… is a FACT!

Reactions: foos and Danlbrau
Forgot to add. Notified SA on Saturday AM regarding pricing. MVPA did not reflect the $2k pre refresh order discount or the $2k FSD discount if ordered prior to price increase. By Saturday PM the MVPA was updated. 4K listed on line 1c Other Adjustments.
Wait there are TWO x $2K Discounts being offered? I ordered pre-refresh and was offered $2K on fsd.

Wait there are TWO x $2K Discounts being offered? I ordered pre-refresh and was offered $2K on fsd.
What date did you order? If you ordered pre-refresh before announcement through an SA, they offered a 2k break to makeup for 10k increase and discount off the FSD increase. Made it easier for the stores to deal with all the bitching. I didn’t order FSD but on final bill they showed the 2k discount. I believe it was on the referral line of the order

Just a gut feeling. As they ramp up production, I feel like they’ll be able to better predict numbers. Then I think we’ll see a lot of the blank EDDs get date ranges. Just feel like the pace will logically quicken.
Well they are going to have to figure out a way to ship cars with 19s before August because I’m not sure what the product mix is, but I’d bet a fair amount of orders are Tempest (probably higher mix of 19s than Plaid but still at least half). Otherwise the assembly line is going to grind to a halt.

Like I stated above, not much of what you read in these forums are facts either.

The pictures of LR models aren’t photoshopped. I can’t imagine anyone is lying here about the tires on their cars. Also there’s the fact that the manual specifically says there are only one tire pairing for the 21s, and that nobody has found a suitable all-season that would even fit.

See this example post with a close up of the tires that that come on the LRs with Arachnids:

They are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ultra high performance tires:

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s it. It sounds like they don’t even have the new 19” Tempest / Cardenio wheels, nobody has even seen one in real life (even in factory flyovers and such). Someone claimed their inside source at Fremont told them they should start delivering them in about two weeks “maybe” and “barring additional delays”.

Some suspect that Elon made them change the color last minute and that’s the cause of the delay. Others suggested the actual wheel size had to change for some reason. It’s also entirely possible it’s just another supply chain issue. Or they found an issue with the updated design and needed more time to sort it out. Who knows. But I don’t think it’s as simple as them prioritizing higher margin Arachnid orders. Some cars have been shipped to SCs with the old 19s on and the cars have been held to have the wheels changed, and they’re still waiting on those replacement wheels. If it were a matter of maximizing revenue, they’d want to deliver those cars rather than have them sitting at SCs.
@BrandonLive i am going to disagree....the flyover done on June 6th 2021 by Tesla Fremont Flyover showed "multiple" silver 19" Tempest hub caps.

What date did you order? If you ordered pre-refresh before announcement through an SA, they offered a 2k break to makeup for 10k increase and discount off the FSD increase. Made it easier for the stores to deal with all the bitching. I didn’t order FSD but on final bill they showed the 2k discount. I believe it was on the referral line of the order
I ordered initially 12/20, then upon refresh. Maybe I was wrong but I thought they said they would give me a $2K break on FSD.

Reactions: doubleshot
@BrandonLive i am going to disagree....the flyover done on June 6th 2021 by Tesla Fremont Flyover showed "multiple" silver 19" Tempest hub caps.
It showed the silver tempest wheels. Wonder if they are switching all to dark? Wouldn’t make sense since those people early ordered with silver tempest though…. But all of our pics of car order show dark now. Silly to hold up deliveries for hub caps. The should move forward and just mail them out to those that want a dark set if they got silver…

Reactions: Danlbrau
Take with a pinch of salt as it was from an SA. Was at the Tesla delivery Centre at Renton in Washington picking up a MY with my friend. I could see some plaids ready for delivery here with one of them being picked up before me. I approached the SA there and gave him my RN number it starts with RN114496 ordered 2/14. He looked at the product build info and said it was in the pre build stage and they had gotten word from the factories that all of these cars which had a date before were removed because they had to change something on the line. All of the ones with a June or August delivery date which had changed to blank would be getting an update tomorrow. Honestly I don’t know if I believe him but just putting this info out there

The pictures of LR models aren’t photoshopped. I can’t imagine anyone is lying here about the tires on their cars. Also there’s the fact that the manual specifically says there are only one tire pairing for the 21s, and that nobody has found a suitable all-season that would even fit.

See this example post with a close up of the tires that that come on the LRs with Arachnids:

They are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ultra high performance tires:

Well, soon as I get the vehicle, looks like TSportlines here I come! What can I say? Looks like SAs are dumb as s%&$? Im just going by what I was told. In the end, I’m not losing sleep personally.

It showed the silver tempest wheels. Wonder if they are switching all to dark? Wouldn’t make sense since those people early ordered with silver tempest though…. But all of our pics of car order show dark now. Silly to hold up deliveries for hub caps. The should move forward and just mail them out to those that want a dark set if they got silver…
i agree 100%. we are all PAWNS in this TESLA/Monkey chess game!!

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Someone posted a few days ago that the silver wheels underneath the hubcaps also need to be changed to the new grey so that the rim that shows will match. In other words, can’t just swap the caps, need to change wheels too.

Reactions: travwill