Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They produced several vehicles with the old/silver 19” wheels before the change to new/dark-gray was announced. See some of the gabeincal flyover videos back in May.

There were plenty of opinions that NO ONE would want the old versions and Tesla “HAS” to go back and change all of them to the new/darker color

But anyone who’s been paying attention knows it is NOT Tesla’s MO to go back and replace all of them. Instead they’ll probable go with the usual line of “if you don’t want it, someone else will gladly take it”. And they’re probably right.

And they can’t just pop on new aero covers because there’s a sliver of the underlying wheel that still shows & would have a terrible light/dark contrast ring around the wheel.
I know that’s the theory, but if true they must have tens of thousands of those wheels. If my car came as originally designed, I’d just paint the wheels and aero covers to look like the current design. A hell of a lot cheaper than it was to replace my 2015 nose cover with the updated one to make mine look like the (then) new style. Why wouldn’t Tesla just paint the old wheels and slap the new aero covers on? It’s not like the new wheels don’t need to be painted the new color anyway.

Or... wheels replaced with 21"
Or Elon is pushing the 21s out for extra profit like he did with the plaids. But I honestly don’t think they have the new tempest wheels yet.
I know there seem to be things that slow delivery such as white interiors and more so Red exteriors but we have seen several cars delivered with red exterior and the same with white interior.

But absolutely no deliveries with the new tempest on them. Seems pretty stupid business wise not to use the old tempest up first but maybe Elon doesn’t want the silver tempests on the new cars.
It is very difficult to find or follow any moves they make. They just don’t seem logical.

So I called multiple SC locations near Orange County (Lake Forest, Torrance, Buena Park, Costa Mesa), all of them told me they can't assign the VIN to specific customer. In the event someone declines the delivery, the VIN will be matched automatically to next customer on the queue.(and they told me the one assigning the VIN is from the factory side)

I suggested $300 cash tip for matching VIN to my configurations, they all declined.
No offense, but I am glad they declined your tip. I think paying out $$$ to skip the queue is not cool. Wait: I didn't say I would do the same. I just said it isn't cool. :p

No offense, but I am glad they declined your tip. I think paying out $$$ to skip the queue is not cool. Wait: I didn't say I would do the same. I just said it isn't cool. :p

I am a tipper and actually a strong believer in over-tipping. I grew up that way and have stuck with it. Just my nature. It has worked out well for me except for all the extra bucks I have wasted

I am a tipper and actually a strong believer in over-tipping. I grew up that way and have stuck with it. Just my nature. It has worked out well for me except for all the extra bucks I have wasted
You and this guy!!

Attachments

• D1122980-E3FA-4438-9D6B-C6B88EC8825D.jpeg
    D1122980-E3FA-4438-9D6B-C6B88EC8825D.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 105
Or Elon is pushing the 21s out for extra profit like he did with the plaids. But I honestly don’t think they have the new tempest wheels yet.
I know there seem to be things that slow delivery such as white interiors and more so Red exteriors but we have seen several cars delivered with red exterior and the same with white interior.

But absolutely no deliveries with the new tempest on them. Seems pretty stupid business wise not to use the old tempest up first but maybe Elon doesn’t want the silver tempests on the new cars.
It is very difficult to find or follow any moves they make. They just don’t seem logical.
Old tempest wheels are not the right width or offset.

I would call my SC instead of store unless they are the same. I was getting jerked around and called SC up and told the guy, 200 in cash to anyone who delivered car to me.

It was amazing. In 4 hours I had a new VIN and received my car that evening. Not the one that was stuck in freemont. They picked up from another sc that had one with my specs, assigned that vin to me and voila got my car

BTW: the same guy I offered a tip to also delivered my car. Lol
Not to be difficult, but I don't have an SC. No one has contacted me about my order.

So I called multiple SC locations near Orange County (Lake Forest, Torrance, Buena Park, Costa Mesa), all of them told me they can't assign the VIN to specific customer. In the event someone declines the delivery, the VIN will be matched automatically to next customer on the queue.(and they told me the one assigning the VIN is from the factory side)

I suggested $300 cash tip for matching VIN to my configurations, they all declined.
How do you talk to someone? I called 3 of those stores and all get get is a voicemail that does not seem to be monitored.

Liftoff was a great read, it's hard to believe that same individual is "in charge" of this complete sht storm. It will be better for all when he leaves and focuses full attention on the other ventures. I don't have social but would be hounding him over any answer for 19s and not stupid dodge memes; not as an anxious customer but as an investor..

Waiting impatiently until tomorrow until can call a rep to change to 21s. Hope that works. Thought I had until end of september but now have until Sept 12th to get the car or I'll just be buying something different when return to country in March. Maybe a nice hummer or something terrible for the environment because when try to go electric get dcked around worse than steve irwin. Hoping my decision to cancel FSD despite move to 21s wont hurt the order but at this race its unbelievable the late ass orders same build getting filled with 21s. Unexplainable. And no way buying FSD when it will be sitting for the first couple months, dude wont even have the smart summon figured out by time I return and the girls Nissan self drives itself on the highway just fine

I am an excessive tipper myself, especially during the pandemic, when people sacrificed themselves to serve people like me. This, however, is not tipping, it is bribery. Offering someone money to get to the front of the queue is not a tip.

Yeah I understand. I tried that since someone posted earlier that he was able to get the car sameday with $200 tip same method.

I don't think I'm skipping the queue by the way. Never seen a single person who has the same order configuration with earlier order date in this forum

Reactions: doubleshot
I am an excessive tipper myself, especially during the pandemic, when people sacrificed themselves to serve people like me. This, however, is not tipping, it is bribery. Offering someone money to get to the front of the queue is not a tip.
I've over tipped in my business for 20 years, Do you want to get something done make sure the guys doing the "dirty" work know you and that's your ticket to great service and extra special treatment. Worked for me for 20 years, I'll always go out of my way to tip the "front line" people, That's the way it works.

Reactions: Sbaimo
Update on the $2k discount for prerefresh orders.

"You are able to get the discount and we are working it now but the original verbiage stated that you had to receive a car by June 30th for it to apply. This is causing a small delay in getting it applied as we obviously did not match you to a VIN until July 1st. A lot of our upper management is on PTO right now so we will have to wait a day or two because the discount will require manager approval." - Houston Sales Manager.
Oh that's just RICH. We couldn't deliver you your car in 9 months and counting and the discount expired. That is grounds for a class action lawsuit and I will be first in line to sign on.