Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe someone mentioned this already. Tesla has increased the price of the Model S LR by $5k and the base price is now $84,990. Something to smile for us who ordered and are waiting for delivery.

Stated a few times, and everytime its stated again, its still as amazing! Awesome for us who got in for 5k less expensive and even better for those with the 2k addition!

Reactions: Philadelphia-S
I had 6 offers on my 3P within 24 hours of putting in Autotrader and Craiglist.
If you don't mind saying, how much did you get offered? I've got a 19 with 21k miles (with FSD) that I'm planning on trading in for my MSLR - Tesla's offering $49.5k in trade. With the tax offset I figure that's pretty good, especially since I'm lazy 😂, but I'm curious.

Stated a few times, and everytime its stated again, its still as amazing! Awesome for us who got in for 5k less expensive and even better for those with the 2k addition!
Eh. Was going to change to rims today after being told not to yesterday after seeing all the 21s get vins and delivery ranges. Was told now it would add the new 5k so 9500 total. Also was told if accepted slightly different build from a SC then that as well would cause a 5k increase. For someone whos waited 6 months and only has until mid september to receive it blows as next chance can buy will be next march, when it will surely go up another 5k.

They should just honor the price you signed up for. If you want to make a change then pay for soley that change

Eh. Was going to change to rims today after being told not to yesterday after seeing all the 21s get vins and delivery ranges. Was told now it would add the new 5k so 9500 total. Also was told if accepted slightly different build from a SC then that as well would cause a 5k increase. For someone whos waited 6 months and only has until mid september to receive it blows as next chance can buy will be next march, when it will surely go up another 5k.

They should just honor the price you signed up for. If you want to make a change then pay for soley that change
My post has zero to do with the those whom now want to change their orders around. Of course, it sucks for those individuals. For those of us just waiting it out, I have zero issue with my car being worth 5k more now, but then again, Im content with waiting. I feel for you. Hopefully that VIN hits anyday for you!

Reactions: Danlbrau and Ovrt23
My post has zero to do with the those whom now want to change their orders around. Of course, it sucks for those individuals. For those of us just waiting it out, I have zero issue with my car being worth 5k more now, but then again, Im content with waiting. I feel for you. Hopefully that VIN hits anyday for you!
Im stupidly optimistic it will come. Lot of 1147s and much later orders getting filled and 19s spotted in wild. Can't be that long but was told today that yes 21s probably make it quicker. They even apologised for being off yesterday, by far one of the nicest SA's out and my original connect is pleasant too, when in the office;thanks to GrnSqrl here for the contact! If anything the car will continue to rise in price again at least once but unless your selling in the next couple years how much of that will be recouped in resale? I imagine anyone selling a tesla now or any car for that manner will see greater resale values through this inflated used car market. Luckily my car is so old Im just going to donate it to someone who really just needs wheels so not worried about losing value on my current car being resold as theres more there in donating it then recouping straight cash homey

OK.... That's plain silly sad! . Hit refresh 10 times already today after I read each post that talks about a new Vin assignment. (went to blank this AM from staying in August for over 2 months). What have you done to me, Tesla.. :oops: o_O No specific point I am making here, but figured no one else outside of this forum can relate to this state of mind.... Well, let me start shopping around for a 220V to feed my baby... which I hopefully will be home sooner than later...🤪 Sorry for a pointless post for you to scroll through...but feel better already now that it is out of my system.... for now...🤭😩

Some of these private sale posts has convinced me to just try and sell my M3 instead of trading it in. Is $38k a fair asking price for 2018 long range black M3 with enhanced AP and 39k miles?

Some of these private sale posts has convinced me to just try and sell my M3 instead of trading it in. Is $38k a fair asking price for 2018 long range black M3 with enhanced AP and 39k miles?
You’re too far below, IMO. I have the same spec as you and I will be trying to sell mine for $43-44k and I will have a little more than 48k miles. Bump that price up ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: TStok
Curious what did you get for your 2017 LR S? If you don't mind me asking.
Mid 60's. (FSD, MCU2, under 13k miles, 1 owner, garage kept day/night, mint, 21" arachnids etc) If I would have opted to drag it out, quite sure I could have gotten at least a couple thousand more. Maybe. (Especially With the recent $5k price bump overnight for new LR's? Im guessing that will have positive upward impact to current used model S Sellers as well.)

Or..I could have spent the next 6 weeks spending time each day fielding more offers that were lower than what I received until I (hopefully) got a higher offer than what I accepted.

Thats the thing about the used market...not always black and white. But in the end, I'm satisfied. I sold for significantly higher than trade in, and the buyer spent less than he/she would at a dealership/lot/carmax/etc. Win/Win for both parties.

Reactions: bhakan and Vinny860
After learning about the $5,000 price increase for the Model S LR, I verified its posting on the Tesla site. In the process, I noticed that my account, which previously showed an August Estimated Delivery Date, no longer shows a delivery date estimate. I'm not sure what that means, if anything. Is anyone else showing their estimated delivery date has turned blank following the price increase?

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
I just picked my LR from my detailer. I had them install PPF to the front end. Sorry I hadn’t posted any pictures, i’ve been trying to enjoy the car as much as I could.

Attachments

• EE356533-816B-4EF3-AAD3-D193765635EF.jpeg
    EE356533-816B-4EF3-AAD3-D193765635EF.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 88
After learning about the $5,000 price increase for the Model S LR, I verified its posting on the Tesla site. In the process, I noticed that my account, which previously showed an August Estimated Delivery Date, no longer shows a delivery date estimate. I'm not sure what that means, if anything. Is anyone else showing their estimated delivery date has turned blank following the price increase?
People have been blank for months, i was blank for 4ish months at point. Still only have July now since a few days ago.