Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this in the other tracking thread, but I did FINALLY get a VIN assigned this morning after the delivery date has been a range of 1 week that kept moving out one day every morning. Things moved quickly since and the SA I talked to said that it is already currently in transit and should be here by next week.

View attachment 683009
Congratulations! Glad to see another RED/BLACK configuration!

After learning about the $5,000 price increase for the Model S LR, I verified its posting on the Tesla site. In the process, I noticed that my account, which previously showed an August Estimated Delivery Date, no longer shows a delivery date estimate. I'm not sure what that means, if anything. Is anyone else showing their estimated delivery date has turned blank following the price increase?
My Plaid EDD went blank today, but it was July for a July order so I just assumed it was BS from the start. I don’t think the price increase and disappearing EDDs are correlated. And the Plaid wasn’t part of this round of price increases anyway.

What's really gonna suck is when they pass the (non-retro) EV tax credit the month after I take delivery >=(
The current proposal for tax credit is capped for vehicles with MSRP < $80k. Only the base model without any config changes (prior to price increase) will qualify for the tax credit. I don't think you'll qualify for the credit anyway, since you have 21" wheels.

Reactions: T-Racer
Im stupidly optimistic it will come. Lot of 1147s and much later orders getting filled and 19s spotted in wild. Can't be that long but was told today that yes 21s probably make it quicker. They even apologised for being off yesterday, by far one of the nicest SA's out and my original connect is pleasant too, when in the office;thanks to GrnSqrl here for the contact! If anything the car will continue to rise in price again at least once but unless your selling in the next couple years how much of that will be recouped in resale? I imagine anyone selling a tesla now or any car for that manner will see greater resale values through this inflated used car market. Luckily my car is so old Im just going to donate it to someone who really just needs wheels so not worried about losing value on my current car being resold as theres more there in donating it then recouping straight cash homey
Glad it’s working out for you. I’m still shooting blanks.

Reactions: M3LA and Ovrt23
The current proposal for tax credit is capped for vehicles with MSRP < $80k. Only the base model without any config changes (prior to price increase) will qualify for the tax credit. I don't think you'll qualify for the credit anyway, since you have 21" wheels.
To add to this, usually you DO qualify for these kinds of cutoffs if your NET price is <$80k. So if you trade in a vehicle, you're good. This is how it was when I bought my M3P, which had a limit of $60k purchase price for the MD tax credit (which, of course, they ran out of before I received anyway). With my trade in it put me well below the $60k threshold.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
Mid 60's. (FSD, MCU2, under 13k miles, 1 owner, garage kept day/night, mint, 21" arachnids etc) If I would have opted to drag it out, quite sure I could have gotten at least a couple thousand more. Maybe. (Especially With the recent $5k price bump overnight for new LR's? Im guessing that will have positive upward impact to current used model S Sellers as well.)

Or..I could have spent the next 6 weeks spending time each day fielding more offers that were lower than what I received until I (hopefully) got a higher offer than what I accepted.

Thats the thing about the used market...not always black and white. But in the end, I'm satisfied. I sold for significantly higher than trade in, and the buyer spent less than he/she would at a dealership/lot/carmax/etc. Win/Win for both parties.
Great insight. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Glad it’s working out for you. I’m still shooting blanks.
get more and more antsy as my deadline approaches, especially now with the price increase as there is a clear monetary penalty in price increase and likely another one incoming for having to cancel this order and order again next spring but your connect was excellent. Let's hope its our lucky weekend this weekend and we receive something concrete!

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Mid 60's. (FSD, MCU2, under 13k miles, 1 owner, garage kept day/night, mint, 21" arachnids etc) If I would have opted to drag it out, quite sure I could have gotten at least a couple thousand more. Maybe. (Especially With the recent $5k price bump overnight for new LR's? Im guessing that will have positive upward impact to current used model S Sellers as well.)

Or..I could have spent the next 6 weeks spending time each day fielding more offers that were lower than what I received until I (hopefully) got a higher offer than what I accepted.

Thats the thing about the used market...not always black and white. But in the end, I'm satisfied. I sold for significantly higher than trade in, and the buyer spent less than he/she would at a dealership/lot/carmax/etc. Win/Win for both parties.
Good stuff. I would really appreciate your thoughts on where I should price mine. 17 Model S 75D. White on black, slipstream wheels, FSD. MCU3 (upgraded in June 2020 from MCU2) and infotainment system replaced in June 2020. Excellent condition. Garaged. One owner, me. Thanks

Thank you! Yeah, based on @gabeincal's latest flyover, it seems they have slowly ramping up the red ones, certainly a lot more two/three weeks ago! Hope yours will come soon!
Eventually all those ones in the temp lot will get something fixed and delivered, been sitting for months now it seems. Kinda glad they only show about 5-6 white ones there as def means won't be getting one of those hehe, seems mostly all pretty dark colors.

Eventually all those ones in the temp lot will get something fixed and delivered, been sitting for months now it see
An increased amount of orders are seeming to get July delivery windows and VIN's (myself included) and I'm a little worried about getting one out of the parking lot. If Gabe shows an empty overflow lot next week, that will be something to think about.... Tesla might consider it the $5,000 discount lot

An increased amount of orders are seeming to get July delivery windows and VIN's (myself included) and I'm a little worried about getting one out of the parking lot. If Gabe shows an empty overflow lot next week, that will be something to think about.... Tesla might consider it the $5,000 discount lot
Hopefully not lol Might be worth asking the SA what the manufacturing date is.

Eventually all those ones in the temp lot will get something fixed and delivered, been sitting for months now it seems. Kinda glad they only show about 5-6 white ones there as def means won't be getting one of those hehe, seems mostly all pretty dark colors.
Latest Gabe video (not public yet) shows kitty cat monorays in the temp lot. Thinking those may have all been test tweak cars and now maybe they're doing some sort of other testing w em. Who knows.

Reactions: MrExitStrategy
Order date of Jan 1,2021 in Seattle. RN11434. White/black/no FSD/19 inch. Lowest profit model for them to build I guess. Originally estimated delivery mid feb, then mid march, then June, then July. Then blank forever.

Finally wrote my SA yesterday and asked for an update - the SA said maybe end of July - August. Just checked my account and it has me listed as July - first update there in many weeks. Fingers crossed it holds ;)

Had a silver 2013 S performance ---> Blue Model 3 LR last march. will be trading that in on the new S if they ever build a car with my specs at my low price ;)

Good luck to all. And thanks to those that have their cars and have updated all of us on the waiting list.

Attachments

• 4E1B4AC8-C7B5-4F9F-87A2-D5ADC32D067B.jpeg
    4E1B4AC8-C7B5-4F9F-87A2-D5ADC32D067B.jpeg
    474.9 KB · Views: 97