Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally called my SA after 4 months of quietly waiting and religiously following this board. I do not have a VIN or EDD on my profile, but I am in the build plan and should expect delivery in August or early September. MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD ordered April 1st to Dallas. Fingers crossed this holds.
Similar build to mine..LR with 19s and I’m also in Texas and ordered late April. Hopefully I’m the same status

Reactions: Zaker89
Well I got to sit in one today!!! Wowsas. Makes me more impatient now lmao.

Attachments

• 20210729_123645.jpg
    20210729_123645.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210729_123405.jpg
    20210729_123405.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210729_122616.jpg
    20210729_122616.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 63
Finally called my SA after 4 months of quietly waiting and religiously following this board. I do not have a VIN or EDD on my profile, but I am in the build plan and should expect delivery in August or early September. MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD ordered April 1st to Dallas. Fingers crossed this holds.
I just spoke to an SA at my service center who categorically said that no one has access to this information, and any information that they give you is false, and should not be considered accurate. She was very clear, NO ONE outside of the factory can see where a RN is in the build process, until a VIN is assigned.

I give up. This business is run like a start up, and has one of the worst customer-facing purchase experiences I have ever seen.

And before you say "it's the entire industry", believe me, I know it and live it every day. We deal in ICs and electric components on the scale of hundreds of thousands of orders, and we try to do our best to tell people the status of their purchases. This is truly unacceptable.

This just continues to get more and more depressing.

I just spoke to an SA at my service center who categorically said that no one has access to this information, and any information that they give you is false, and should not be considered accurate. She was very clear, NO ONE outside of the factory can see where a RN is in the build process, until a VIN is assigned.

I give up. This business is run like a start up, and has one of the worst customer-facing purchase experiences I have ever seen.

And before you say "it's the entire industry", believe me, I know it and live it every day. We deal in ICs and electric components on the scale of hundreds of thousands of orders, and we try to do our best to tell people the status of their purchases. This is truly unacceptable.
Respectfully, the error is yours. NEVER contact an SA! Besides, yours may be new and has not had a chance to read the extensive 212 page SA training manual. Page 1 says "Welcome to our family". Pages 2-211 are BLANK. Page 212 states: "P.S: the phone is yonder, but it's a moot point - NEVER ANSWER IT! Good luck".

Even McDonalds provides better training: the chef receives 15 minutes, the sous chef gets 20 minutes & the executive chef 30 minutes (max).

Good luck to us all!!!!!

RN1148. Mine has showed August and has not went blank or changed since early-June. Hoping I’ll get the car by mid-August. Willing to wait till end of September at the latest. If it goes past September, will likely be canceling looking into other options. Been considering a Lucid Air.

Stopped by my local service center in Salt Lake City, UT a few days ago to check out a Model Y with a friend. Local service center says they had a decent amount of Plaid deliveries, but not many LR.
You may want to consider that I have exactly the same configuration as you, ordered in January (1144), live in LA, and have a blank for EDD. I would treat your August delivery date "estimate" as just another lie/embellishment/total nonsense. How many times does Tesla need to provide ridiculously false estimates on their website before people realize the estimates are worthless? Eventually, the car will be delivered (probably), and the final "estimate" will be right, which does not prove anything.

Last edited:

Interesting - would seem weird for the person I talked to volunteer made up information on their own, but its certainly possible. Maybe there’s a nuance where they don’t know where it is in the build process, but can tell if its in the build process? This is by the most bizarre and substandard purchasing process I’ve ever been a part - I guess the best mentality is to believe you are getting a car when you‘re sitting in it…

Reactions: Zaker89 and patt0n
Interesting - would seem weird for the person I talked to volunteer made up information on their own, but its certainly possible. Maybe there’s a nuance where they don’t know where it is in the build process, but can tell if its in the build process? This is by the most bizarre and substandard purchasing process I’ve ever been a part - I guess the best mentality is to believe you are getting a car when you‘re sitting in it…
I called Tesla back in April and was told May, June, no later than July. That was obviously false information. There is no good reason to be calling Tesla because they will simply provide the false information they've been told to provide. It is as worthless as the website information.

Reactions: Zaker89
I suspect like many employees in most all industries, some care and try harder than others. Then again, knowledge, skills and abilities vary greatly. Lastly, do we really know how much access SA's have to FACTS? REALITY? I suspect ONLY the small handful of "executives"? are in the know?!!?

I called Tesla back in April and was told May, June, no later than July. That was obviously false information. There is no good reason to be calling Tesla because they will simply provide the false information they've been told to provide. It is as worthless as the website information.
Although the difference between now and April is that (some) cars are actually being manufactured whereas back then they were stuck in some prolonged launch delay. Presumably the info now is of marginally higher fidelity, although maybe still useless.

Reactions: Zaker89 and Drew-MS
I’m pretty sure all of us are ‘blank’ who ordered with 19s. There may be 1 or 2 exceptions but with no VINs.
FWIW, my 21" order flipped back to "October" after being blank for a few weeks while my 19" order is running blank for quite sometime. I don't think anyone knows why and how are these "estimates" are updated but I hope there's some method to this madness, where the estimate is updated based on parts availability.

FWIW, my 21" order flipped back to "October" after being blank for a few weeks while my 19" order is running blank for quite sometime. I don't think anyone knows why and how are these "estimates" are updated but I hope there's some method to this madness, where the estimate is updated based on parts availability.

Yesterday I spoke to a TA at Mt. Kisco SC regarding my blank EDD. He didn’t know anything specific about mine but said he was NOT aware of any 19s delivered yet. I mentioned the recent pics posted of a refresh in IL with 19s. He was very surprised to hear that because he wasn’t aware of any 19” deliveries. The situation is just weird.