Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah you have it strange for sure, unless your likely a first in line for some approved 19s to go out the door in say early August.

Same, May LR order here, blank for a couple days now from October. This new LR getting a VIN with 19s gives me hope though :) SA said in an email today that still looking good for October as well (but not sure how believable that is as always). I sure hope so, as prefer to take delivery of this LR MS I have on order versus my backup Y.
I am a MSLR MSM/ black 19” ordered in Dec rn 1142. Live in fresno Ca. Have had and EDD of “July” with no specific day for a couple of weeks. As July is now almost over, I stopped at my local Tesla today to see if they could look up my account info and tell me anything I couldn’t see. He said that my car is still in “planning” and there is no date for me anytime soon. He also said they have not seen a single 19” yet get delivered to their store. They have had several LR and Plaid in 21”s in fact they had to plaid and a LR sitting dusty in their storage lot down the street waiting for customers to pick up.

Reactions: cwanja
I just clicked a button to remove FSD, and there was no change to the price. I bought FSD back in January when I had delusions about Tesla being an honest company, but it should be obvious to anyone at this point that FSD is a scam.

It is not a SCAM but it is NOT worth $10k either. Not even remotely worth $199 a month yet either. Some of us trade our cars fairly quickly and the subscription will be the way to go once something substantive is actually available.

It is not a SCAM but it is NOT worth $10k either. Not even remotely worth $199 a month yet either. Some of us trade our cars fairly quickly and the subscription will be the way to go once something substantive is actually available.

It's not worth $1. In my view, selling a feature for $10k that makes driving harder, not easier, and calling it "full self driving" is a scam. As far as the future goes, all you have to hope for is that everyone in the autonomous car industry but Elon Musk is wrong that Tesla's approach will never work.

Sorry, cwanja and jaenonymous. I see you gave me a thumbs down. Fools and their money are soon parted. But I'm sure $10k means nothing to you and that playing with "FSD" for a few minutes, if and when you finally get it, will be fun.

Last edited:
One day those of us with white interior may see their cars. Probably later than those that have 19" wheels though.

Prediction:
2nd week of August we start seeing deliveries of 19" wheels
2nd week of September we start seeing small deliveries of white interior.
4th week of September a free for all and August orders getting their cars in CA.

I suspect that they would only start doing that if they have fewer orders for 21" equipped cars than they have available cars.

One day those of us with white interior may see their cars. Probably later than those that have 19" wheels though.

Prediction:
4th week of September a free for all and August orders getting their cars in CA.
My bet is you are likely spot on!

Prediction:
There have been deliveries of white interior LRs...

Have had blank EDD for about 10 days now. I am 99% sure they are talking out of their ass but the guys at The Domain (Austin) say I should be seeing my car in September. The boss there has a Plaid that he parks down in the parking garage where all the test drive cars and superchargers are. It's a red/cream/21" car and absolutely gorgeous.

Reactions: cwanja and Ormond
Hey Friends, I ordered my Model S LR, white, standard wheels with black interior trying to keep the car under $80k back in April. My intention is to swap the wheels and wrap the car long-term. Anyway, I've heard nothing from tesla and its been much longer than the 10-12 weeks they quoted. I'm seeing people take delivery of the LR model S having placed their order after me. What Gives?

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: cwanja and foos
Hey Friends, I ordered my Model S LR, white, standard wheels with black interior trying to keep the car under $80k back in April. My intention is to swap the wheels and wrap the car long-term. Anyway, I've heard nothing from tesla and its been much longer than the 10-12 weeks they quoted. I'm seeing people take delivery of the LR model S having placed their order after me. What Gives?
standard wheels bro, thats your delay. the thread explains all this

Reactions: Waverider317
Everyone on here that’s taken delivery ordered 21” rims..the 19s are in purgatory

Ordered 7/25, VIN assigned 7/28, EDD 7/29 - 8/1
MS LR, Midnight Silver, 21'' wheels, white interior, FSD. Seattle area.

I'm honestly shocked how fast this happened given other folks' experiences. Called SA to confirm, looks like I'll be taking delivery sometime next week.
Congrats, certainly not the experience most of us are having.

I'm honestly shocked how fast this happened given other folks' experiences. Called SA to confirm, looks like I'll be taking delivery sometime next week.
My exact order 01/27/21; go figure!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Reactions: doubleshot

Timing. Imagine that they had that config ready to go in your area