Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my delivery center yesterday and was told that a contract at Fremont stated my car won't be built until late September early October. She says 19s are the issue. I know we aren't supposed to take what they say as gold , but It did piss me off lol.
RN1139
19 inch wheels? So that to me means Tesla should be contacting people and saying if you go with 21 inch wheels we can deliver sooner. Of course also find another supplier of wheels. Of course that may take to much time anyway.

Now the reason I came over was to ask about making a change. We want our S LR no later then Christmas. Ordered in May and have the locked in old price. I ordered before we heard about details of the possible new tax credit. We chose white exterior and white interior (Stormtrooper look) and FSD. Now with the $80K limit in the new tax credit legislation we should change interior back to black and add FSD post getting the credit. The question for anyone that has made changes. Does removing FSD move you to the back of the line? Does changing interior move to the back of the line? Does either change trigger the price to go to the new price?

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and shadowmike
Does removing FSD move you to the back of the line? Does changing interior move to the back of the line? Does either change trigger the price to go to the new price?
Maybe. Maybe. And maybe.

Although someone mentioned yesterday they Tesla was allowing the removal of FSD without the price going up. So you might be able to make that happen. In the same vein, someone also posted talking to their SA about changing to 21s and the SA said it could move them to the back of the line. All of that is why I say “maybe” as the first response.

But physical design changes likely are almost definitely going to trigger price increase and could move you to the back of the line.

Reactions: kj71109
19 inch wheels? So that to me means Tesla should be contacting people and saying if you go with 21 inch wheels we can deliver sooner. Of course also find another supplier of wheels. Of course that may take to much time anyway.

Now the reason I came over was to ask about making a change. We want our S LR no later then Christmas. Ordered in May and have the locked in old price. I ordered before we heard about details of the possible new tax credit. We chose white exterior and white interior (Stormtrooper look) and FSD. Now with the $80K limit in the new tax credit legislation we should change interior back to black and add FSD post getting the credit. The question for anyone that has made changes. Does removing FSD move you to the back of the line? Does changing interior move to the back of the line? Does either change trigger the price to go to the new price?
As @doubleshot mentioned, you can't get the old price with any modifications to the order. I did see someone mentioning that SAs have been authorized to remove FSD without affecting the old price, but you most certainly can't update the interior/exterior without triggering a price change.
The new tax credit bill might not be retro active for older orders. Even in the current draft, it's only for vehicles ordered after May 26. Unless you've ordered after that, you might not have qualified anyway. Moreover, there's a good chance that the current draft will be modified in the final form which might not be retro active.

Last edited:
As @doubleshot mentioned, you can't get the old price with any modifications to the order. I did see someone mentioning that SAs have been authorized to remove FSD without affecting the old price, but you most certainly can't update the interior/exterior without triggering a price change.
The new tax credit bill might not be retro active for older orders. Even in the current draft, it's only for vehicles ordered after May 26. Unless you've ordered after that, you might not have qualified anyway. Moreover, there's a good chance that the current draft will be modified in the final form which might not be retro active.
I just clicked a button to remove FSD, and there was no change to the price. I bought FSD back in January when I had delusions about Tesla being an honest company, but it should be obvious to anyone at this point that FSD is a scam.

Ordered? All I had to show to my accountant before was the receipt from the sale. I doubt it would be order date. Bummer about making any changes.

Called my delivery center yesterday and was told that a contract at Fremont stated my car won't be built until late September early October. She says 19s are the issue. I know we aren't supposed to take what they say as gold , but It did piss me off lol.
RN1139
that's potentially decent news - means they're actually building them (supposedly) in queue, versus no supplies until February or March. At least how I read it. then again, if my order number was 1139 yeah, I'd be pretty ticked off.

if that was a real thing (and the $80k tax credit really comes through) I'd do it in a heartbeat. but, I think it would screw up the pricing, delivery and I don't think the $80k thresh hold is a sure thing. Sigh.