Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ug, well I need a car this Fall so broke down and reserved a new LR just today. RN11539... very fresh! It's giving me an October estimate in account even though the configurator started with Feb/Mar. Config ended up at like $92K with the 21" wheels this time, white interior, white exterior this time. $500 less than my old config of RN1150 with 19" wheels white interior, white exterior, 19" wheels, but with FSD. I won't add FSD to this new one since subscription is out and don't want to jump up 10K again just for that.

I'm very interested to see which one starts to make progress first... and if for some odd reason the brand new reservation takes off due to 21" wheels while the one back from April just sits.

Ug, well I need a car this Fall so broke down and reserved a new LR just today. RN11539... very fresh! It's giving me an October estimate in account even though the configurator started with Feb/Mar. Config ended up at like $92K with the 21" wheels this time, white interior, white exterior this time. $500 less than my old config of RN1150 with 19" wheels white interior, white exterior, 19" wheels, but with FSD. I won't add FSD to this new one since subscription is out and don't want to jump up 10K again just for that.

I'm very interested to see which one starts to make progress first... and if for some odd reason the brand new reservation takes off due to 21" wheels while the one back from April just sits.
Frankly, you'll have better luck changing it to cream interior. I know it might not be your first choice, but if you're expecting the car this fall, white interior seems quite unlikely to be delivered this year, for this late an order. I also ordered a 2nd one with blue exterior/white interior with 21s last month hoping to get it sooner (before the price increase) but I regret not choosing the cream interior. I think it looks as nice if not better than the white, in my personal opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: travwill
Frankly, you'll have better luck changing it to cream interior. I know it might not be your first choice, but if you're expecting the car this fall, white interior seems quite unlikely to be delivered this year, for this late an order. I also ordered a 2nd one with blue exterior/white interior with 21s last month hoping to get it sooner (before the price increase) but I regret not choosing the cream interior. I think it looks as nice if not better than the white, in my personal opinion.
Good point, I was very tempted to do that. I guess it doesn't matter if I do now since at the new price - will check it out :) I do like the cream color.

EDIT: Done, switched to cream as white on white seems like a bit much. Had white in our 2016 X and was cool but this new cream color seems a bit warmer, but still bright, and goes with the wood well. Still won't get as hot as black which is my color I won't go with in TX.

Tell me about it! I guess I'm "cold" soup. To the new owner in SEA, congrats, enjoy it and kindly consider posting a few pix!!
Will do! Hopefully a few videos too, as they seem to be few and far between right now on youtubes.

Pics or it didn't happen!
Haha well... here's something:
1627605666997.png

1627605710431.png

Good point, I was very tempted to do that. I guess it doesn't matter if I do now since at the new price - will check it out :) I do like the cream color.

EDIT: Done, switched to cream as white on white seems like a bit much. Had white in our 2016 X and was cool but this new cream color seems a bit warmer, but still bright, and goes with the wood well. Still won't get as hot as black which is my color I won't go with in TX.
I also went with cream interior for my order and had white in my 2016 Model X. I was thinking it might speed things up, but my estimate is blank. My blue exterior might be holding things up.

Reactions: travwill
is it me or does it feel like they're prioritizing the price increase orders?
That or the 21" wheels still of course, perhaps a bit dependent on build location and or paint batches, etc. It's hard to know what the truth is as it seems that if perhaps the demand of orders is NOT that great, at least for orders with 21" wheels since after short periods they start to move forward. We've always know the S is definitely not the best selling Tesla right now and this spike of refresh demand may not last/have lasted that long.

That or the 21" wheels still of course, perhaps a bit dependent on build location and or paint batches, etc. It's hard to know what the truth is as it seems that if perhaps the demand of orders is NOT that great, at least for orders with 21" wheels since after short periods they start to move forward. We've always know the S is definitely not the best selling Tesla right now and this spike of refresh demand may not last/have lasted that long.
I've got 21" wheels and an albino build, I've seen this car delivered to people in CA who ordered it months after me. It's absolutely incredible how poor Tesla's communication is. I'll echo the solar sentiment, absolutely horrible service up front, and an incredible product.

Reactions: DavidSRQ and Ormond
At least white interior exists!
They exist. But they're super rare. Which I'm ok with. What I'm not OK with is Tesla giving a car to someone when there's Jan orders with the same config. This is some major BS. I'm calling tomorrow. Prob not going to get any info. Texted my SA again with my displeasure, first one where I've expressed any real disgruntled feelings.

My exact order 01/27/21; go figure!

Ordered 7/25, VIN assigned 7/28, EDD 7/29 - 8/1
MS LR, Midnight Silver, 21'' wheels, white interior, FSD. Seattle area.

I'm honestly shocked how fast this happened given other folks' experiences. Called SA to confirm, looks like I'll be taking delivery sometime next week.
There is actually a very simple explanation for Tesla's decision here:

Mr. Musk knows I'm a retired pilot and into everything "space". Rumor has it Tesla reads our posts here to include my [NOT] very flattering opinion of the corporate culture at the moment and he decided to send me a [butt] rocket; hence no need for a car which he sent to "hotsoup". His rocket is not my cup of tea.

P.S. still BLANK (of course)

That’s what she said - My DA Natalie Bogle.

Needless to say she doesn’t answer my questions anymore since last week when I yeld on her and told her she is a lier and instead of telling “shitt” better to make sure to deliver my car in July as account says 😂
Uh, yeah. This will definitely help you get your car faster.
Haha. I just called. The guy estimated "November" for my W/W 19 inch MSLR ordered in January. He blamed "chip shortages," Tesla's go-to lie. It's obviously a lie because people who bought Plaids months after me have gotten their cars before me.
Perhaps Tesla previously allocated more chips to Plaids. Happens all of there time.