Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's slightly off topic, but has anyone on here that reserved prior to the 2021 $10,000 price increases (June and July I think?) been informed that they have to accept the higher price or cancel their order? I have had 0 communication from Tesla on anything so I haven't...

Source:
That is not how it works. If you confirmed your order and do not touch it, they honor the price pre-$10K increases. Those that ordered pre-refresh (early January or late 2020) did get bumped, but were granted a $2K discount.

Reactions: VikH and Jjc8
Just visited the SC in the new city I just moved to. SA said my profile hadn’t been submitted and he thinks that’s why I hadn’t been “soft matched.” He completed it for me by selecting that I’d pay cash for the car and it now says “December-January” EDD. I’m so pissed
Woooooooow. I know when I ordered, someone the next day told me to do that and it can be changed to finance once you are matched. But wow, that sucks.

Just visited the SC in the new city I just moved to. SA said my profile hadn’t been submitted and he thinks that’s why I hadn’t been “soft matched.” He completed it for me by selecting that I’d pay cash for the car and it now says “December-January” EDD. I’m so pissed
That sucks, yeah our advisor said to get our profile complete ASAP, though payment option even if changing later (but all in TX get cash), and to even do the insurance and replace later when get VIN. Sucks you were not advised to do that the same way.

SAs don't know anything. This guy is tired of people bothering him every day and is protecting himself by tampering YOUR expectations. I think we've all proven SAs say the stupidest things...and often get contradicted by facts a day later.
Truth!! I ordered a plaid in June with a EDD of June. SA calls and I express concern about being out of town. He says oh you won’t
Thank you that honestly helps a bit specially since you said you had issues but they took care of it. Enjoy yours and post pics!!!
Here you go. Picked up yesterday. Of course it had rained.
35657540-C9B4-47FA-A984-311F96BDC0DB.jpeg
8FDC3BDD-296B-4377-9CE3-6F65735764FE.jpeg
655726ED-937C-4F4C-8E9C-8B932A6CCEAF.jpeg

Someone visits this forum but doesn't actually read it. Lol. Lots of times it's been discussed here that you have to be at a completed profile and cash is the best option. Without a complete profile they assume you're not actually serious about getting the car.
I just joined this forum a little while ago. I visited a Tesla center in LA a few weeks back and the SA did not mention this when she looked at my reservation either

Someone visits this forum but doesn't actually read it. Lol. Lots of times it's been discussed here that you have to be at a completed profile and cash is the best option. Without a complete profile they assume you're not actually serious about getting the car.
I tried to search a solid answer for this, but to no avail: I've been in the "Prepare for delivery" phase and the last thing I haven't completed was submitting something in the "Payment Method." I've heard to wait until a VIN gets assigned before applying for financing but I fear that by not finishing up the "Payment Method" portion, it would delay me getting a EDD or push me further from the queue. Should I just submit something now to "secure" the order or should I just wait?

RN1153, Los Angeles | Model S LR | Red ext, white int | 19"

I tried to search a solid answer for this, but to no avail: I've been in the "Prepare for delivery" phase and the last thing I haven't completed was submitting something in the "Payment Method." I've heard to wait until a VIN gets assigned before applying for financing but I fear that by not finishing up the "Payment Method" portion, it would delay me getting a EDD or push me further from the queue. Should I just submit something now to "secure" the order or should I just wait?

RN1153, Los Angeles | Model S LR | Red ext, white int | 19"
It appears that yes you need to complete your profile now or else you’ll be stuck in limbo like me. Though I don’t understand why I kept getting an August EDD. I never had to do this when I made my reservation with the M3. I did not complete the financing application until I was notified by Tesla that my car would be ready soon and to prepare for payment.

I’ve completed everything except proof of insurance (no VIN, no insurance). That shouldn’t delay anything, correct?
In early July, I spoke with a SA that suggested all the paperwork needed was good to go.
No, it shouldn't unless you live in a state where it's satisfactory to upload insurance on another vehicle. That said, I uploaded my insurance with my Model 3 on it, just in case.

We ordered the first week of January 2021, and have alternated between an EDD month (no dates; just the name of the month) and blank. In mid-July, the EDD was “July”. On August 1st, it went back to blank. Today, for the first time, we have a specific date range: August 22 - September 05.

I had visited our local Tesla store about ten days ago, and spoke to someone who looked up our order and said that it was in Build Planning at that point. He said we should expect about 2 weeks for Build Planning, 2 weeks for actual manufacturing and another 2 weeks for shipping to Chicago. Adding 6 weeks to the date of my visit to the Tesla store, puts our delivery expectation right within our current August 22 - September 05 EDD window. We are hopeful that this might mean they are getting a better grip on realistic delivery expectations. Fingers crossed!

FWIW, just stopped by the Tesla showroom and talked to my SA. He pulled up a screen that had a more "accurate" delivery estimate (whatever that means) and he told me expect Nov-Dec. I ordered 4/1/2021, white over black and 19s. My EDD has been August for a while and then went blank this week.

Also, they had a white Plaid with 19s on the lot and it looked great (pic attached). I was able to sit in it and the fit an finish is way nicer than my 2018 75D. The wait is going to suck, but going to be sooo worth it.View attachment 693226
Thx

Reactions: cwanja
I’ve completed everything except proof of insurance (no VIN, no insurance). That shouldn’t delay anything, correct?
In early July, I spoke with a SA that suggested all the paperwork needed was good to go.
Just upload your current insurance for your current car. Just to get the insurance checked off. That is what a majority of us have done. Once you get a VIN then you will update your insurance information. Don’t give Tesla any excuse to delay your order.

We ordered the first week of January 2021, and have alternated between an EDD month (no dates; just the name of the month) and blank. In mid-July, the EDD was “July”. On August 1st, it went back to blank. Today, for the first time, we have a specific date range: August 22 - September 05.

I had visited our local Tesla store about ten days ago, and spoke to someone who looked up our order and said that it was in Build Planning at that point. He said we should expect about 2 weeks for Build Planning, 2 weeks for actual manufacturing and another 2 weeks for shipping to Chicago. Adding 6 weeks to the date of my visit to the Tesla store, puts our delivery expectation right within our current August 22 - September 05 EDD window. We are hopeful that this might mean they are getting a better grip on realistic delivery expectations. Fingers crossed!
Thrilled to hear you have an EDD window. FYI for others (from what information I’ve gathered hanging around here) build planning appears to be a limbo stage. Just because you’re in build planning doesn’t mean Tesla is doing anything with your order.

But because you have an EDD window I would imagine your build planning has resulted in a soft match. Hope you get your car even sooner!