Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I received an email from TSportline that their 19's are now available for the refresh MS. Their 19's wheel & tire package for the pre-refresh is, as I stated before, $3,300. For the refresh, it is $6,700. That's a huge jump in price.

Edit: Below it was pointed out that these are the more expensive forged wheels, and that less expensive ones will be released later. I hope so.
Does anyone have any experience with Martian wheels and whether they have wheels that will fit the refreshed Model S yet? They look pretty good and are significantly less expensive for a forged wheel than the TSportline refresh prices.

Now that I have an actual date range for an EDD (please please please don't be another fake out), I am starting to plan for what I want to do after I finally get the car. First completely remodel the garage (my wife had an ulterior motive signing off on the Model S). Second, replace the 19" rims with forged or flow forged alternatives (I compared the TSportline flow forged prices pre-refresh in deciding to not get the 21" thinking it would be cheaper and have better range). Third, figure out whether to do Xpel, Ceramic, both, or partial Xpel and ceramic.

I just saw the edit re: TSportline flow forged wheels and my timing may work. I wonder if they will give me a package discount if I do the Xpel and/or ceramic there too. I know nothing about wheels since this will be my first foray into aftermarket wheels (though I know a little about tires because my Dad worked as a chemical engineer at Goodyear for 30 years). Is there a significant difference between forged and flow forged (weight/ strength)??

My September 30- October 20 EDD hasn't changed (ordered MS LR black 19" 5/1/21). Just waiting to see the first 19" LR delivered. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Ormond and Vinny860
Tesla's lack of communication is abhorrent. Some side effects are speculation and conspiracy theories. The truth is probably much simpler: configuration, not price is the reason behind delayed deliveries.

Plaids are priority. There is no real evidence Tesla is prioritizing Long Range models with FSD, 21" wheels or other options that increase price, including newly ordered vehicles after the price increase. 19" wheels are scarce. White interiors are scarce. Red exteriors are scarce. Period.

Does anyone have any experience with Martian wheels and whether they have wheels that will fit the refreshed Model S yet? They look pretty good and are significantly less expensive for a forged wheel than the TSportline refresh prices.

Now that I have an actual date range for an EDD (please please please don't be another fake out), I am starting to plan for what I want to do after I finally get the car. First completely remodel the garage (my wife had an ulterior motive signing off on the Model S). Second, replace the 19" rims with forged or flow forged alternatives (I compared the TSportline flow forged prices pre-refresh in deciding to not get the 21" thinking it would be cheaper and have better range). Third, figure out whether to do Xpel, Ceramic, both, or partial Xpel and ceramic.

I just saw the edit re: TSportline flow forged wheels and my timing may work. I wonder if they will give me a package discount if I do the Xpel and/or ceramic there too. I know nothing about wheels since this will be my first foray into aftermarket wheels (though I know a little about tires because my Dad worked as a chemical engineer at Goodyear for 30 years). Is there a significant difference between forged and flow forged (weight/ strength)??

My September 30- October 20 EDD hasn't changed (ordered MS LR black 19" 5/1/21). Just waiting to see the first 19" LR delivered. Good luck everyone.
If you get the flow forged wheels let me know how it goes, I might be getting those as well end of the year.

Reactions: Vinny860
Sorry, I do not. But they are Tesla specialized
There is no "Tesla Specialized" wheels. There is only diameter, width, offset, and bolt pattern. So long you match OEM with everything other than offset the wheels will work. Offset can be slightly different than OEM spec for different looks. Now for the wheels to work with the car you need matching TPMS sensors for Tesla vehicles. TPMS sensors are the only unique to tesla factor you must consider when getting your wheels set up.

There is no "Tesla Specialized" wheels. There is only diameter, width, offset, and bolt pattern. So long you match OEM with everything other than offset the wheels will work. Offset can be slightly different than OEM spec for different looks. Now for the wheels to work with the car you need matching TPMS sensors for Tesla vehicles. TPMS sensors are the only unique to tesla factor you must consider when getting your wheels set up.
Yes. What I meant was that TSportline produces wheels only for Teslas.

Reactions: Vinny860
First substantive post here! Hey Y'all! A little summary of my LR Experience.... Ordered shortly after announcement, upgraded to arachnids. Started screenshooting dates and times about 2 months or so ago when it started to seem funny but seen dates ranging from May to July to October-November to finally an august date range (this is the first time I've had a range).

A little background. I have a home in Fremont / use that address for all orders and generally have been amongst first deliveries for new cars. Had one of the first model x's and a couple model 3's that deployed to employees (not on my account now) and a few y's all of which we received shortly after orders started shipping. This is the first time that my proximity to the factory didn't seem to afford a little advantage in delivery logistics. Fingers crossed there's another date bump up as the 16th is my birthday and couldn't think of a better present :p

Periodically have stopped by the factory and heard various stories and answers that didn't add up / continuing the theme of SA's and employees either not being privy to the info or just tired of answering the same question. I feel for them! They are working hard and its not their fault production isn't meeting demand. From the restaurant industry, I always feel bad when the front of house staff get blamed for a back of house problem and I imagine that's what SA and store managers are going through. Excited for my new toy and hopefully updates incoming soon with vehicle in hand! I let them know to call me as I am literally walking distance from the factory so no need to delay getting me my car ;P

Attachments

• Tesa Account ScreenShot.png
    Tesa Account ScreenShot.png
    277 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 11.38.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 11.38.02 AM.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6660.PNG
    IMG_6660.PNG
    285.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6024.PNG
    IMG_6024.PNG
    370.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7151.PNG
    IMG_7151.PNG
    375 KB · Views: 56
Well my date has already slipped back twice since getting the date range we all got at the beginning of the week... ridiculous that even with it 2 months out it's still slipping day by day. I really wish I didn't like Tesla cars so much because I freaking hate the poorly run company.

My @TeslaTwin is your RN 6th digit a 6? I was updating my delivery range on the spreadsheet and noticed that you ordered... WAYYYY later 😂 and are~1,000 ahead of my order # wise and you have a WAYYY earlier tentative delivery date.😡🤣

View attachment 695695
My RN is 1143361. I’ve noticed that for months and attributed it to just our orders were on the New Years holiday weekend.

My date compressed two days today, to 8/26-9/3. VIN tomorrow? 😀

Speculation that they are delivering cars that have the higher price increase over the ones with the older price points (but this is just based on what I've been reading here)
Before the last week or so, I’d agree with you. Now however (excluding the white interiors), the EDD ranges seem to be more closely correlated with the order dates if you allow for transportation time differences. It’s not perfect correlation, but it definitely seems much better since the start of August.

I have my delivery set for this Sat. I’m a 5 Jan, prerefresh order. For those in the same boat, my $2k discount appeared as a “referral credit” on my account yesterday. Just in case anyone was wondering how/when it workeThanks for thst $2K discount info. I'm still working on it with my SA.
Thanks for that info on that $2K discount. I'm still working on it with my new SA.