Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the WPB delivery center today, again just looking around. 2 Plaid, both black exterior and 1 each cream, white interiors. Both had CF, not wood. While I remain happy with white interior, I must admit the black/cream copy looked great. Both had 21's. Out front for delivery today as well, a few 3's and many Y's.

I ordered and took delivery of wheel locks several months ago. They are Tesla locks, purchased from Tesla. I very politely asked to have them installed during pre-delivery prep and was shocked the Customer Experience Manager said they are unable to do so with a customers accessory. He did say on delivery day (this Thursday) they can make a service appointment to have me return at a later date and to pay for that "installation". I'm simply amazed - my personal belief is for a company to proactively offer to make delivery as exciting and wonderful as possible. This fine gentleman seems to do everything possible to justify excuses to say no. Standard for everything I have experienced to date. What a way to do business. BTW, from past 1st hand experience, changing 1 lugnut each wheel was done in 30 seconds each. Same with "installing" a front license plate - 4 screws - 30 seconds total?? Same team that insisted the delivery will be contactless because they do not have enough staff to assist with set-up. They stated AFTER delivery, I could drive to their mall location 40 miles away so perhaps they can assist, again, AFTER delivery. And here we all are - trying to throw 6 figures cash at them, begging them to deliver our [10 month ago] ordered car.

I obviously haven't been able to even peak at the "big picture".

Cheers, all...

Reactions: AKay724
Anyone ordered a M3P/MYP as a backup in this MSLR EDD crisis? Both 3/y p can be delivered as early as next month (well if that EDD holds).

I was short of one car since 9/30, and my EDD was just pushed from Dec to Feb.

I have a Model 3 on order. They've already given me two VINs this year but I finally placed a hold until next year. Likely, I'm going to buy a Texas-made Model Y in order to get the 4680s/structural park towards the very end of next year (if we are lucky).

Reactions: jackk
Anyone ordered a M3P/MYP as a backup in this MSLR EDD crisis? Both 3/y p can be delivered as early as next month (well if that EDD holds).

I have a MYP ordered, delivery window starts 11/25. I'm honestly a little torn...obviously a lot less money, it'll be here sooner...but everything I read makes it seem like the ride is pretty rough/noisy. At the same time it seems like it's a little more modern/different than the S, easier to park, zippier. Thinking about doing a Turo for the weekend. Then there's the fact that I'm 15k ahead or whatever on this MSLR order, so it seems silly not to take advantage of that. Decisions, decisions!

Reactions: jackk and chrisdh79

i spontaneous ordered a M3S when they showed up in inventory from Europe and picked up in a week almost two months back because we were down to one car (model Y) im debating keeping or selling/trading it in when my Model S is ready. Im leaning to just keeping it.

Reactions: jackk
@theatrus My VIN is MF 430. My SA hasn’t been very informative as to where it’s been since it’s birth date in May. I hope it looks okay at delivery.
For sure not everyone may agree with me, but I would not entertain a pickup of MF430. Worse yet, based on your reported interaction with your SA, I would say "NO way Jose".

They were delivering north of 11K+ Model S per quarter back in 2018. This is a refresh year.

9K out the door is pathetic.

Only down 18% during the initial ramp of a major refresh during a pandemic with lots of parts shortages and logistics challenges, sounds like they are doing really good to me.

In fact it seems really good when you compare it to Toyota that has reduced production by 40%.

Last edited:
Down only 18% during the initial ramp of a major refresh during a pandemic with lots of parts shortages and logistics challenges, sounds like they are doing really good to me.

In fact it seems really good when you compare it to Toyota that has reduced production by 40%.
And $1T+ isn’t too shabby either. 😄

I have a MYP ordered, delivery window starts 11/25. I'm honestly a little torn...obviously a lot less money, it'll be here sooner...but everything I read makes it seem like the ride is pretty rough/noisy. At the same time it seems like it's a little more modern/different than the S, easier to park, zippier. Thinking about doing a Turo for the weekend. Then there's the fact that I'm 15k ahead or whatever on this MSLR order, so it seems silly not to take advantage of that. Decisions, decisions!
I’m in the same boat with you but waiting on an X since January. My wife couldn’t wait any longer so we ordered her a MYP. Got it last month. Ride is not rough/noisy unless you are looking for a Cadillac type of ride. I’d call it sporty and solid but definitely not rough. I’ve driven a refresh S and it is a bigger car than the MYP, it’s faster as well, and more upscale feeling. With that said we love the MYP. Now I have a MYLR that I just got a VIN for but I really want the X so I will likely put it on hold for a bit and see if they start delivering the X.

They were delivering north of 11K+ Model S per quarter back in 2018. This is a refresh year.

9K out the door is pathetic.
And yet TSLA is now valued at over $1T, one of only a few companies on the planet to be in that rare air. Oh, and the recent run up in the stock has enabled me to buy a Model Y for free, which was ordered yesterday :) Thanks TSLA!