Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geez I really don’t think the audio system is that bad.

Honestly if it wasn’t for these forums I don’t think I would pick up on half of these issues people talk about. But alas, here I am. Keep it coming…
I'm overall pretty happy with the sound system in the new S. The key is to have Immersion turned to max, otherwise it sounds SO flat (this isn't about accuracy), and also I've found it requires higher volumes to really give the effect of a higher-end sound system. The Model 3 didn't need such dB to prove its mettle, but I've not found that to be true in the S.

I'm overall pretty happy with the sound system in the new S. The key is to have Immersion turned to max, otherwise it sounds SO flat (this isn't about accuracy), and also I've found it requires higher volumes to really give the effect of a higher-end sound system. The Model 3 didn't need such dB to prove its mettle, but I've not found that to be true in the S.
I can concur, the base setup is very neutral and flat, and honestly low volumes don’t come across well.

I haven’t messed with the immersion slider yet (just left on the default). Will need further experiments as I try to clean my windshield again ;)

Mind sharing a screenshot of your audio settings?

Mind sharing a screenshot of your audio settings?
Absolutely don’t mind. I shifted the left sub slider up a tad, but I really enjoy the sound now.

Attachments

• 1635606932468.jpeg
    1635606932468.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 106
If your reference point is other “premium” upgrade luxury brands then sure it sounds fine but my point is that the 2019-2020 Model S system was louder and subwoofer hit harder than the new refresh. I’m not sure how that can be when the specs are better…more speakers, more watts, etc. For a $95K car it shouldn’t be a “beta” unrefined system…

Hey guys. Been playing with my new MS Plaid UI (current s/w version 2021.36.5.1) and getting used to it, but unless I'm just missing something, it seems that "easy entry/exit" (where the driver's seat moves back and steering wheel/yoke moves up to make it easier to get in/out of the vehicle) is missing? Am I correct or is there a way to adjust & save this in your profile? In addition, how do you save seat adjustments to your profile or are any changes just automatically saved? Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys. Been playing with my new MS Plaid UI (current s/w version 2021.36.5.1) and getting used to it, but unless I'm just missing something, it seems that "easy entry/exit" (where the driver's seat moves back and steering wheel/yoke moves up to make it easier to get in/out of the vehicle) is missing? Am I correct or is there a way to adjust & save this in your profile? In addition, how do you save seat adjustments to your profile or are any changes just automatically saved? Thank you!
I havent looked in a while, but making any seat adjustments use to pop up the save setting dialog. If you go into controls, you dont see the list of profiles up top?

I haven't been able to find an EQ setting that necessarily sounds "better" than flat, just different. I think that's a testament to the audio engineering that went into the system. It also leads me to think that any shortcoming in the audio is that perhaps the electronics or drivers just can't deliver the "attack" that would make it sound truly outstanding. This may have to do with microsecond rise time with the D-class amplifiers making the system sound a bit lazy, or cheap drivers that sound masked or veiled regardless of EQ setting. Overall though, good system. I'll try the max on the immersive. I've always tended to less processing but the immersive off sounds awful.

I havent looked in a while, but making any seat adjustments use to pop up the save setting dialog. If you go into controls, you dont see the list of profiles up top?
Yeah, I figured out how to save the seat settings in my profile, although I don't know how to get back to my saved seat settings after someone else changes the seat position (like a service technician)? And any info about the "Easy Entry/Exit?" Thanks!

Auto park just showed up. I have been waiting for Auto Park for a while and it must have come in my last software update which is version 2021.36.5.1. Was just driving in a parking lot and sure enough the icon popped up. Pretty wild. Both times I used it, it scared the heck out of me. When it reverses into a perpendicular spot it come oftly close to the car next to where it is parking. It stops in time but at the same time as your heart. Does a pretty great job but doesn’t come up as an option as often as it should. Would also love it if would autopark into my driveway.