Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Use the app and set up a service appointment. They’ll reach out to you.

In the meantime, format the usb 3x and reboot the car. If it’s not a hardware issue, it may fix it.

You won’t see the icon unless it has a properly formatted usb.
Under controls I see the dashcam is active and “recording”. I don’t see the viewer icon anywhere. Has it been moved in the new UI?

EDIT: I found it. Looks like it’s in the app loader tray now.

Reactions: Pdubs and planetary
You probably have to swipe over the controls and capture it. Or use the ”capture on honk” functionality. But then you are honking. Hopefully a proper “menu” bar comes back.

Removing the top menu bar is one of the worst usability issue with this new UI. Menu bar was perfect to quicly access many features / status. It's not like the screen is too small...

There's clearly a screen extending from the gauge cluster to the passenger side(though undocumented). Anyone know if there's going to be some utility at some point?
The strip is just glass/plastic for the most post (been poking around when I was looking for the mythical tilting mechanism). There is a bracket on the passenger side that could maybe hold a display like the one seen in the Roadster and there is a connecter called "Pass Disp" on the computer, but the seem to be unpopulated for now, unless there is a recent change in newer deliveries.

Reactions: Pdubs
Do you think we could start a GoFundMe to pay an intern at Tesla to fix the Homelink button location so it doesn't obscure the repeater cameras?
That is good. I would also start that to move the new blind spot camera to the top right of the center console. Could always see in the corner of your eye then and not look down. Seems like an obvious move.

That is good. I would also start that to move the new blind spot camera to the top right of the center console. Could always see in the corner of your eye then and not look down. Seems like an obvious move.
Totally agree on the blind spot camera view. Love that new feature, but the camera view needs to be moved up to top of screen for easier viewing.

I'm not a fan of the blind spot implementation. It's better than nothing, but not much better. If I'm going to have to take my focus off the road ahead, why not just turn and look into my blind spot?

What I would like is to have active notification on the driver's display whenever there's an object in my blind spot; an icon, a change in line color, etc. I want to be warned before I turn on the blinker. The actual camera feed on the center display in addition is nice, but I want the notification to be more proactive.

Dash Cam question: On the '21 MS, how do you manually save dash cam videos? The YT videos I've seen there's a dash cam icon in the top right of the screen. I don't see that. I currently have sw version 2021.44.6. I guess I could set up to save when I use the horn, but I would rather do it quietly.
Just press the voice control button and say "save that."

I would love to have the option of making the blind spot camera "full screen" like they do on the rear view camera.
It is just too small and out of the way to be really useful at this point. However with full screen you could really see what is happening. You still have driver screen to look at directions. Also it only needs to activate on lane changes. Not when you are making left or right turns at stop lights or stop signs. That would stop it from being less distracting going to full screen all of the time. This is all possible with the current technology they already have.

Reactions: cwanja
I would love to have the option of making the blind spot camera "full screen" like they do on the rear view camera.
It is just too small and out of the way to be really useful at this point. However with full screen you could really see what is happening. You still have driver screen to look at directions. Also it only needs to activate on lane changes. Not when you are making left or right turns at stop lights or stop signs. That would stop it from being less distracting going to full screen all of the time. This is all possible with the current technology they already have.
I think just having blind spot on top left hand corner of center console would be perfect. For me, does not need to be full screen.