Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone going to push Tesla SC folks to do a "yoke steering" swap for the new one that has a HORN in the middle of the yoke steering where it should be? Anyone think they'll do this for people who request it????? I feel it's still quite DANGEROUS with the horn only as a little tiny button in the upper right side of the yoke steering...can't tell you how many times I wanted to bang on my horn but couldn't do it quick enough since my fingers couldn't find that little stupid horn button when I needed it!!!! 🤬

Anyone going to push Tesla SC folks to do a "yoke steering" swap for the new one that has a HORN in the middle of the yoke steering where it should be? Anyone think they'll do this for people who request it????? I feel it's still quite DANGEROUS with the horn only as a little tiny button in the upper right side of the yoke steering...can't tell you how many times I wanted to bang on my horn but couldn't do it quick enough since my fingers couldn't find that little stupid horn button when I needed it!!!! 🤬

Nope, no issues here.

Horn, right side. Lights, left side.

Reactions: Spyderman09

Not really that worried about it. First priority in an emergency situation should be defensive driving. I don't find that I have the time to use a horn. I just want to get out of the way.

Not really that worried about it. First priority in an emergency situation should be defensive driving. I don't find that I have the time to use a horn. I just want to get out of the way.
Living & driving in NC isn't like living & driving in S. Florida; I've done both. S. Florida is terrible and I often use my horn. Of course defensive driving takes priority but I grew up in the Northeast...we use the horn A LOT! :p

is there a way to turn on the heated seats WITHOUT first turning on the entire HVAC system?

Scenario; HVAC is off when I get into car in the morning and I ONLY want to turn seat heaters on. Only way to bring up the HVAC menu is to touch temp icon which AUTOMATICALLY turns on the HVAC to whatever it was on last. From there I can activate the seat heaters, then I have to press the HVAC off button, then I close the HVAC screen.

Any easier way??

is there a way to turn on the heated seats WITHOUT first turning on the entire HVAC system?

Scenario; HVAC is off when I get into car in the morning and I ONLY want to turn seat heaters on. Only way to bring up the HVAC menu is to touch temp icon which AUTOMATICALLY turns on the HVAC to whatever it was on last. From there I can activate the seat heaters, then I have to press the HVAC off button, then I close the HVAC screen.

Any easier way??
As far as I know, there's no way except using mobile app

Any easier way??
I just leave the seats on and put climate in auto mode. It then regulates the seats. I don't fiddle with the climate system at all. Just let it adjust everything. It works well.