Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sick of reading posts like:
- you didn’t pay for the feature, it’s for new cars
- why do you even want steam?

Why are you defending Tesla so staunchly? Bruh. I PAID FOR THIS FEATURE. It was advertised to me, and DEMONSTRATED ON LAUNCH. Also, Tesla does not care about you. They don’t even know who you are. They do not need your defense.

It’s none of your business why I want it. I could literally want it just to show people the Steam tile on my screen, and it’s fair game because I ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

I’m gonna say it again for the people in the back. I paid for it.

But if you must know. I bought this car as a 26 year old in the tech industry. So it can’t be that hard to understand that I might really enjoy gaming, and want that available for all the times I’m stuck waiting somewhere in my car - which is often. Unless you literally cannot visualize a life perspective that isn’t yours.
I couldn't agree with you more. I have a 2022 MSP and no steam for me either because I made the mistake of buying in Jan instead of Feb 2022. Customer Service is a joke and I can't get anyone on the phone. I'm a supporter and share holder of Tesla but this experience is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have a 2022 MSP and no steam for me either because I made the mistake of buying in Jan instead of Feb 2022. Customer Service is a joke and I can't get anyone on the phone. I'm a supporter and share holder of Tesla but this experience is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Things can get worse. Wait until they actually "Work" on your car.

No, because they never mentioned Steam on the web site.

Well, they didn’t mention the type of cameras or computer required for FSD, either, yet have opted to upgrade peoples’ FSD computers and cameras for free based on changes in implementation.

You could say the same for “console quality gaming”. They chose an alternative path of execution, they should now make good on reconciling the feature with their change in implementation.

Why?

Because it was literally advertised as a feature when I paid $100K+ for a vehicle with the highest margins in the sector.

Yes, Apparently it has made to the X. I don't think or at-least I have not seen on the S yet..

For comparison.. Old Vs New thin bezels

View attachment 888157

View attachment 888158
1673040069972.png

The website update yesterday now shows the new screen size under "More Information" on the build screen for both the 2023 Model S and X

Question for the forum regarding refreshed 2021 Model S/P and deficient HW (not meeting Steam reqs):

1) Were ALL of the refreshed 2021 Model S/P shipped with 8GB RAM?

^If not, is there evidence (in this forum or publicly) showing that at some point in 2021 Tesla changed from 16GB RAM to 8GB RAM for 2021 Model S/P deliveries? And do we have an idea as to WHEN this was?

Thanks! Will help with my case.

Question for the forum regarding refreshed 2021 Model S/P and deficient HW (not meeting Steam reqs):

1) Were ALL of the refreshed 2021 Model S/P shipped with 8GB RAM?

^If not, is there evidence (in this forum or publicly) showing that at some point in 2021 Tesla changed from 16GB RAM to 8GB RAM for 2021 Model S/P deliveries? And do we have an idea as to WHEN this was?

Thanks! Will help with my case.
I think the earliest I have seen was a December delivery with 16GB RAM. Not sure the build date. So guessing sometime in late November, early December.

No, because they never mentioned Steam on the web site.
Fine, then Tesla can deliver Cyberpunk and The Witcher, if they can’t do Steam on our cars.

@tylercorsair waited a week like you asked, then waited another week. Mind linking me to the “bulletin” from Tesla that’ll be “out in a week” and “address these issues”?

Fine, then Tesla can deliver Cyberpunk and The Witcher, if they can’t do Steam on our cars.

@tylercorsair waited a week like you asked, then waited another week. Mind linking me to the “bulletin” from Tesla that’ll be “out in a week” and “address these issues”?
“Tesla Apologists,” galore…. Many even rationalize (with a straight face) that the tilt screen wasn’t promised either… “just a goal” (like FSD)….

I think the earliest I have seen was a December delivery with 16GB RAM. Not sure the build date. So guessing sometime in late November, early December.
If this is the case, very misleading and borderline fraud. How would a consumer have knowledge that Tesla was delivering different internal hardware for the exact same model (e.g., 8GB vs 16GB RAM) in 2021 and the impact to the consumer on such deliveries? I'm pretty sure a few customers would have refused delivery if they were properly informed of such information. Hmmm.. could that have been the reason no one was informed??? 🤔💲💲💲

Been several weeks now since this update was put into play and it’s getting more and more radio silent. Imagine if we hadn’t made an uproar when it was initially announced, traction would have completely died out. Even still, this seems like Tesla is just going to turn a blind eye and let the select few suffer. Disappointing.

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
Problem is .. if pushed .. they can make those games run, terribly, on 8GB, just to satisfy the lawyers. There's really no point. Not giving them a pass, but I bet they simply couldn't get RAM. They only said "console like gaming" or something like that, but they didn't say which console or specs or FPS to expect, etc. Competition will fix this and it's coming. I'm a loyal customer, love our Teslas, but agree 100% they gotta stop the shenanigans.

Reactions: jebinc
Problem is .. if pushed .. they can make those games run, terribly, on 8GB, just to satisfy the lawyers. There's really no point. Not giving them a pass, but I bet they simply couldn't get RAM. They only said "console like gaming" or something like that, but they didn't say which console or specs or FPS to expect, etc. Competition will fix this and it's coming. I'm a loyal customer, love our Teslas, but agree 100% they gotta stop the shenanigans.
Pretty sure it somewhere said comparable to PS5.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Why is just about everything poorly implemented on a Tesla? Wipers, high beams, perpetual beta items, the abomination, aka FSDb, etc? We’ve been taken by “the Charlatan”!

We just keep falling for his gimmicks. The worst part is that the car would be good without all that gimmicky stuff, but having it and it functioning like crap spoils the overall experience.

We just keep falling for his gimmicks. The worst part is that the car would be good without all that gimmicky stuff, but having it and it functioning like crap spoils the overall experience.
Nah, my Plaid vibrates like a MoFo, and has for 1.5 years. Tesla does absolutely nothing to fix it for the 1000’s affected. Calls it normal - because they all do it. GMAFB!

Nah, my Plaid vibrates like a MoFo, and has for 1.5 years. Tesla does absolutely nothing to fix it for the 1000’s affected. Calls it normal - because they all do it. GMAFB!
Reminds me of a time I took my previous car, Cobalt SS Turbo, to Chevy service because there was about an inch of water in the headlights anytime it rained. The tech said “it’s normal, happens to my girlfriend’s car too.” About a month later there was mold growing inside my headlights on the lens and condensation on the inside of the lens would dim the headlights making it nearly impossible to see at night 😂😂

3 service visits later, BBB complaint, and a conversation with corporate service, Chevy replaced the headlights under warranty (which the car was still within bumper to bumper).

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne