Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my MS-LR this afternoon.:):)
Tesla store was very busy delivering so many new cars. Anecdotally I will not be surprised if Tesla squashs the Street delivery estimates.
In their push to sell cars quickly (before end of Q3) the car is missing few things in the trunk. I was told that it will be mailed to me.
I have attached few pictures of the car. The guy at the store told me that this car came with Summer tires because of "torgue". I was told by a Sales Support person in CA that all LR should have All-Season tires. Are you hearing similar stories? They did agree to replace these tires with All-Season tires in a week.
The metallic pedals look different than my 2015 S 85. Is this the standard pedal?
I have to spend time setting up the car but my first impression is that this is on a different level than my 2015 Model S85. The fit and finish is excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 81
Just took delivery of my MS-LR this afternoon.:):)
Tesla store was very busy delivering so many new cars. Anecdotally I will not be surprised if Tesla squashs the Street delivery estimates.
In their push to sell cars quickly (before end of Q3) the car is missing few things in the trunk. I was told that it will be mailed to me.
I have attached few pictures of the car. The guy at the store told me that this car came with Summer tires because of "torgue". I was told by a Sales Support person in CA that all LR should have All-Season tires. Are you hearing similar stories? They did agree to replace these tires with All-Season tires in a week.
The metallic pedals look different than my 2015 S 85. Is this the standard pedal?
I have to spend time setting up the car but my first impression is that this is on a different level than my 2015 Model S85. The fit and finish is excellent.
My car came with the same Pirelli P Zero summer tires. Doesn’t really make sense for CA cars to be delivered with All Seasons. I don’t know about “more torque” but summer tires are better for road holding/handling in summer conditions. All Seasons required in climates with snow/freezing conditions. A little less performance oriented during warm times but most users wouldn’t notice in day to day driving unless they channel their inner Steve McQueen.

What's everyone thinking with the front license plate mount? Mine requires it, but I'd rather get a vent-mounted one later or something that is less....large. I have to decide soon so I can remove it before ceramic coat time. Not sure there's a vent-mount holder out yet, or if there will be for a while since all new S's come with the plate mount installed..

In my 2015 Model S I could display two additional items (like tire pressure & Clock) on the Instrument Panel using the left & right scroll . Is this option no longer available for our new S?
Not at the moment. Manual says no function is assigned to the scroll wheels at delivery. Assumed it will come in a software update, two weeks from any date on a calendar you can throw a dart at.

What's everyone thinking with the front license plate mount? Mine requires it, but I'd rather get a vent-mounted one later or something that is less....large. I have to decide soon so I can remove it before ceramic coat time. Not sure there's a vent-mount holder out yet, or if there will be for a while since all new S's come with the plate mount installed..
I have been considering a similar setup using the snapplate mount. However, this is really only beneficial if you prefer to keep your plate off most of the time, and put it on only when parking in areas where you are susceptible to getting a ticket. If you were to leave your plate on most of the time, then it really does not matter, and the supplied mount is actually not bad looking.

Not at the moment. Manual says no function is assigned to the scroll wheels at delivery. Assumed it will come in a software update, two weeks from any date on a calendar you can throw a dart at.
Thank you. I waited for 6 months to get my new car. Now we will wait for the same amount of time to get all the functionalities built into the car.

Has anyone removed the front license plate bracket without messing up the paint? In Kansas we don't have to put a license plate in the front.
I have scheduled an appointment with Tesla Service Center here to replace my existing summer tires with All season tires. I asked the technecian if he could remove the bracket. He said they are not allowed to do it. Why can't Tesla not install the bracket for states that require just plates in the back?

Reactions: Robotpedlr
Has anyone removed the front license plate bracket without messing up the paint? In Kansas we don't have to put a license plate in the front.
I have scheduled an appointment with Tesla Service Center here to replace my existing summer tires with All season tires. I asked the technecian if he could remove the bracket. He said they are not allowed to do it. Why can't Tesla not install the bracket for states that require just plates in the back?
Lots of YouTube videos and posts on here about ez removal. So it should be an simple DIY. It’s basically two strips of heavy duty 2 sided tape.

Lots of YouTube videos and posts on here about ez removal. So it should be an simple DIY. It’s basically two strips of heavy duty 2 sided tape.
Heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and peel gently.

Sorry for the rant, but this is really frustrating me. Why would Tesla think it's ok to do this. I ordered the model S LR on October 27, 2020, and been waiting ever since. My config is white ext, cream int, 19 in with FSD. They gave me a VIN during the last/recent EoQ push and was supposed to deliver between September 29-30th(2021), but then gave it to somebody else. Not only that my original delivery estimate which was in October (picture below) got pushed back even further. The SA's excuse was, "the vin was an error, you're not supposed to get one yet" 🙃
Screenshot_20210923-224642_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210930-192911_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for the rant, but this is really frustrating me. Why would Tesla think it's ok to do this. I ordered the model S LR on October 27, 2020, and been waiting ever since. My config is white ext, cream int, 19 in with FSD. They gave me a VIN during the last/recent EoQ push and was supposed to deliver between September 29-30th(2021), but then gave it to somebody else. Not only that my original delivery estimate which was in October (picture below) got pushed back even further. The SA's excuse was, "the vin was an error, you're not supposed to get one yet" 🙃

bro, sorry to hear you got tesla'd on an order that's almost 1yr old. I'd be pretty frustrated too.

Sorry for the rant, but this is really frustrating me. Why would Tesla think it's ok to do this. I ordered the model S LR on October 27, 2020, and been waiting ever since. My config is white ext, cream int, 19 in with FSD. They gave me a VIN during the last/recent EoQ push and was supposed to deliver between September 29-30th(2021), but then gave it to somebody else. Not only that my original delivery estimate which was in October (picture below) got pushed back even further. The SA's excuse was, "the vin was an error, you're not supposed to get one yet" 🙃View attachment 716568View attachment 716569
This is probably the worst treatment I’ve seen by Tesla. And consider the sugar show this is been for most of us, that’s saying a LOT.