Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that this helps or justifies anything, because I do expect more from all vendors, including Tesla, and especially a $100K car, but the experience I've had with my 2018 Lexus RX 450h F Sport has been less than desirable as well. From the dealership, to service, to the technology (Absolutely terrible) to the build quality and most important the lack of any interest to hear about my concerns and complaints...including potential solutions. At one point they switched all of my correspondence to a foreign language, I suspect to shut me up. My 2018 Lexus isn't what my first Lexus experience was...that's for sure... Having said that, they are on top of trying to sell me a new Lexus… I believe my best experience to date has been with the Genesis line of vehicles…
Sounds identical to my M.B. experience. I never expected to be treated like royalty, conversely the std. K-Mart experience was far better than MBUSA!! IF, REPEAT IF the car rides and performs properly, it's a sweet ride; however, when crazy off the wall things occur which never should, it's an absolute "effen" nightmare. Dealers do nothing unless they are guaranteed reimbursement from MBUSA, which usually means you're on your own. Tesla customer experience is by far the WORST IMAGINABLE!! I shall NEVER buy from M.B. nor Tesla ever again!! BTW, a regional big wig locally at M.B. was the big wig at Lexus. BOTH COMPANIES & her, totally worthless. Regardless, technogenius is way lower yet. How SAD!!

P.S. baseball, apple pie, hot dogs and CHEVROLET (bare-bones, simple, usualky reliable wheels). Likely my next transportation

Last edited:
Reactions: MEL-22
Hey guys, I found a refresh MS LR on inventory the other day listed as "in transit to Honolulu, HI". I live in Chicago... I ended up paying the $250 to reserve the car and went through the prepare for delivery process (Yes I know the transport fees are expensive... worth it) As of today, the VIN is still showing on my account. I'm worried that Tesla will at some point contact me and say that I cannot have this car because it's not on the mainland. Do you think I'll end up getting this car, or will have to wait?

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Hey guys, I found a refresh MS LR on inventory the other day listed as "in transit to Honolulu, HI". I live in Chicago... I ended up paying the $250 to reserve the car and went through the prepare for delivery process (Yes I know the transport fees are expensive... worth it) As of today, the VIN is still showing on my account. I'm worried that Tesla will at some point contact me and say that I cannot have this car because it's not on the mainland. Do you think I'll end up getting this car, or will have to wait?
I would say if they catch it AND can make the necessary changes before it leave the 48, you have a good chance. If it's already on its way to the islands, it is probably too cost prohibitive to re-route it back. If that is the case, they may try to match you with another car sooner. In the end it's Tesla, who really knows.

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
These EDD's make no sense. I ordered on 5/18, 10days earlier than you, with the same configuration as yours, except no FSD. RN is 11497xxxx. My EDD has been steady at 9/22 to 9/30.

I live close to Fremont. The EOQ push is the only explanation, since the car could be made very close to EOQ for the delivery to happen.
I ordered a month before you and my EDD is 3 months later than yours

Reactions: Jabbahop
Yes I was saying his date shouldn't be so far behind mine, 1150 vs 1148.

As others said RN seems meaningless. There was even some speculation that being further away from Fremont helps (can't see that logic) and some say it hurts. It sure seems that RN and EDD is not always consistently handled.
The logic behind being farther away from Fremont being a benefit is if Tesla wanted to maximize their shipments for a quarter, a car available today would be better off shipped East for an order and save those local deliveries for last week or two of the quarter when it’s too late to make EOQ deliveries back East. Of course like all Tesla questions, it’s all based on a hypothesis that can’t be proven since they provide zero communication, but that’s the logic behind the thinking.

Not that this helps or justifies anything, because I do expect more from all vendors, including Tesla, and especially a $100K car, but the experience I've had with my 2018 Lexus RX 450h F Sport has been less than desirable as well. From the dealership, to service, to the technology (Absolutely terrible) to the build quality and most important the lack of any interest to hear about my concerns and complaints...including potential solutions. At one point they switched all of my correspondence to a foreign language, I suspect to shut me up. My 2018 Lexus isn't what my first Lexus experience was...that's for sure... Having said that, they are on top of trying to sell me a new Lexus… I believe my best experience to date has been with the Genesis line of vehicles…
I used to have Infiniti's for approx. 2 decades and they always were awesome, anywhere I lived in the country always great experience. My Mercedes experience was great though not any better than my infiniti but for a lot more money.

Mini Review and Thoughts For You All

1/27/21 Ordered MS LR Red/Cream/Arachnids/FSD. Delivered in San Diego 8/30/21. Car was built 7/8/21. Experienced a delay of a few weeks in transportation from Fremont, due to an issue with the paint on the back hatch, which was corrected. As you know, red (and white) exteriors and white interiors have caused delays, so I would have received my car sooner if I had chosen a different color.

This is my fourth Tesla. Previously owned a 2015 MS P85D w/ 21's, 2018 M3 LR w/ 19's and currently have a 2021 MX.

On delivery, the exterior was fine with no noticeable gaps or paint issues. The interior had a chip on the walnut wood of the center console. However, the wood on the center tray and dash is very rippled, almost splintery, like it was left in the direct sun and dried out. The wood on the doors is smooth. There also looks to be some wear around the edges of the metal strip below the wireless chargers in front that illuminates with P or D and has the hazard light. I made an appointment on the app and it was set for a mobile appointment tomorrow, then was changed by Tesla to a local service center in two weeks. Tesla explained it had to order replacement parts and wanted to do it at the service center because of the intricacies involved.

On day one, the main screen would go black forcing me to do a reboot every time, as I was changing settings in the menus. Fortunately, that was resolved with the latest software update which I received on day one.

The ride is wonderful and the acceleration is magnificent at all speeds. The wireless chargers upfront are great. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it begins to charge as soon as I set it down, without having to slide it around to make a connection. The steering yolk and controls are okay. I don't have an issue with no steering wheel or stalks, but I don't think it's an improvement either. Making tight tuns, etc. takes getting use to, but can be done. Car is quiet inside and I like that a lot.

There is deformity around the lower edge of the rear window that causes distortion. This is a known defect and is apparently related to the glass being doubled paned or laminated. It does not present a safety issue and is not really a big deal, but it is unfortunate. I have to say, I am disappointed by the sound system. I had expectations it would be better than the Model 3, but it is not. The sound is just not as good (bass especially). The car will also not play .flac files off the USB drive! It's also distracting and cumbersome to get to different music sources. This is obviously a software issue. Also, it's very disappointing there is not (currently) better use of the driver screen. No media or telephone calls displayed, like the previous S and X. Works like the 3. The software has a ways to go.

In conclusion, many of you are eagerly waiting for an EDD or delivery. However, if you are not in desperate need of a vehicle for transportation, I would hold off and be patient. The car is not quite there yet, but I expect will be soon, with some software updates.

1/27/21 Ordered MS LR Red/Cream/Arachnids/FSD. Delivered in San Diego 8/30/21. Car was built 7/8/21. Experienced a delay of a few weeks in transportation from Fremont, due to an issue with the paint on the back hatch, which was corrected. As you know, red (and white) exteriors and white interiors have caused delays, so I would have received my car sooner if I had chosen a different color.

This is my fourth Tesla. Previously owned a 2015 MS P85D w/ 21's, 2018 M3 LR w/ 19's and currently have a 2021 MX.

On delivery, the exterior was fine with no noticeable gaps or paint issues. The interior had a chip on the walnut wood of the center console. However, the wood on the center tray and dash is very rippled, almost splintery, like it was left in the direct sun and dried out. The wood on the doors is smooth. There also looks to be some wear around the edges of the metal strip below the wireless chargers in front that illuminates with P or D and has the hazard light. I made an appointment on the app and it was set for a mobile appointment tomorrow, then was changed by Tesla to a local service center in two weeks. Tesla explained it had to order replacement parts and wanted to do it at the service center because of the intricacies involved.

On day one, the main screen would go black forcing me to do a reboot every time, as I was changing settings in the menus. Fortunately, that was resolved with the latest software update which I received on day one.

The ride is wonderful and the acceleration is magnificent at all speeds. The wireless chargers upfront are great. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it begins to charge as soon as I set it down, without having to slide it around to make a connection. The steering yolk and controls are okay. I don't have an issue with no steering wheel or stalks, but I don't think it's an improvement either. Making tight tuns, etc. takes getting use to, but can be done. Car is quiet inside and I like that a lot.

There is deformity around the lower edge of the rear window that causes distortion. This is a known defect and is apparently related to the glass being doubled paned or laminated. It does not present a safety issue and is not really a big deal, but it is unfortunate. I have to say, I am disappointed by the sound system. I had expectations it would be better than the Model 3, but it is not. The sound is just not as good (bass especially). The car will also not play .flac files off the USB drive! It's also distracting and cumbersome to get to different music sources. This is obviously a software issue. Also, it's very disappointing there is not (currently) better use of the driver screen. No media or telephone calls displayed, like the previous S and X. Works like the 3. The software has a ways to go.

In conclusion, many of you are eagerly waiting for an EDD or delivery. However, if you are not in desperate need of a vehicle for transportation, I would hold off and be patient. The car is not quite there yet, but I expect will be soon, with some software updates.
What would you equate the sound system to? I had the Bose one in my last truck, which was plenty for me in a vehicle. Can you turn it fairly loud without distortion? Or not so much?

Thanks for the detailed write up! I'm still holding with a late November-early December delivery, and I'm hoping more things get ironed out by then.

Hope none of you have a car being delivered to Paramus NJ! That location’s taken some… er… damage. Courtesy of Hurricane Ida.

B2F21B2C-A976-4AE4-9321-9ECCF93102A0.jpeg

That’s the closest location to me, but for other factors, I luckily ordered it out to Princeton.

(Image pulled from the Facebook, Model S Owners group)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cwanja

Have you gotten 2021.32.5 yet? According to this, it makes a huge difference in the audio.