Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@nintendo
it's actually a bit worse than that. I have got all the refresh tail light from ebay and tested they all work no programming required however,
the hard attachment (attachment to fenders/body) is completely different. I tested the new charge port and door too and it works with no software changes. you do need a new charge port, charge outlet and ECU. the problem is just how to attach all the lights to the body.
the tailgate one are the only one mount perfectly and like I said work perfectly no change required. even the connector is the same for all of them.
@nintendo do you have the tails and charge port installed ? Can you show a video and explain what was done ?

My service center is not like this, he will make you file a repair work order and replace instead of buying parts directly
671670211042_.pic.jpg

seems like you’ll be attempting this retrofit soon huh? Good luck, btw which M3 did you have? Username brings back memories.
Lol

Yea back the day , I had an alpine white m3 with oem csl mods. CF roof was a pita but looked really good. What was your username on m3forums ?

My plaid is a 2022 but I didn’t get the refresh tails. Im hopeful the tails can be retrofitted.