Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get jet black or smoke red? No pics so kinda hard to tell
Judging from the AlphaRex website for the model 3 and Y, I chose "red smoke." I'm guessing the S taillights will have a similar appearance.

1699764891046.png

I emailed them and they replied that wiring was different between 2016-2020 and refresh 2021/2022.

@leecox But this is not accurate????
As we’ve determined here and can be checked by looking at the vehicle schematics, SOP14 cars rear brake lights (refresh cars made before Feb 14th 22) have the same wiring as the pre-refresh cars.

Not sure where they are getting their info.

***Edit***
Actually the taillight wiring and the headlight wiring is carry over from the previous version.

Be careful about the 2022+ cars. They have the same physical wiring, but the Body Control Modules are programmed for the "Global" light configuration. So, they have the Brake and Blinker operate separately. The SOP14 and earlier have those wires signal at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
Tsportline is having a pre-Black Friday sale for 15% off and free shipping. I ordered the tail lights for now. No affiliation btw.
Been following this thread. I was almost going to order oem facelift tail lights but since Tsportline offers OEM like sets soon i pre ordered a set. My car is ECE since it is located in europe, hopefully these work fine here.. I personally dont like the “disco” movement on the units when it is starting up. If incant disable it we need to live with it i guess 🤣 also i hope there is fog on them. I know in usa it is not mandatory while in Europe it is.

you mean with the new taillights? or the model just before new tail and headlights were introduces? All models with the same taillights 2012 until early 2021 should be compatible. New model 2021 late probably is not compatible due to differences in chargeport etc.
with Tsportlines taillights with my july delivered early 2021 refresh model S(old charge port)

Does that mean it will be compatible even though they state it won't?

In the description they dont mention the lights having FOG function, which is mandatory in Europe. I wonder if they are equipped with it. If not then these will fail European MOT tests...would be a bummer...

"These Tesla Model S LED taillights are designed with two LED tubes as a parking light. The center LED strip in the outer housing (the housing that attaches to the quarter panel) functions as a brake light and sequential turn signal, and the bottom LED strip functions as blinking turn signal. For the inner housing (the housing that attaches to the deck lid), the center LED strip functions as a reverse light in brighter than stock, white LED"

In the description they dont mention the lights having FOG function, which is mandatory in Europe. I wonder if they are equipped with it. If not then these will fail European MOT tests...would be a bummer...

"These Tesla Model S LED taillights are designed with two LED tubes as a parking light. The center LED strip in the outer housing (the housing that attaches to the quarter panel) functions as a brake light and sequential turn signal, and the bottom LED strip functions as blinking turn signal. For the inner housing (the housing that attaches to the deck lid), the center LED strip functions as a reverse light in brighter than stock, white LED"
specs literally say
  • Compliance - OEM quality, SAE & DOT compliant

specs literally say
  • Compliance - OEM quality, SAE & DOT compliant
Yes that complience also is shown on ECE units. I guess it should also include ECE on the compliance then if they want to include Europe.

But i wrote them in instagram and they say European version will be released later. I already ordered a set for europe but i guess they will either cancel it or let me wait until they made an Europe model. The model being sold now does not include FOG for sure...

• Informative
Reactions: leecox