Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick up sep 13 in Stockholm , ship unloading aug 29 from ZE, Glovis companion..?
I'm not sure about the 29 Aug date in Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SUMMIT should unload on 25 Aug and I don't think GLOVIS COMPANION can make it there before 31 Aug (I could be wrong but perhaps only 1 day out). In the past cars have been moved to Sweden from Zeebrugge via rail and I wonder if the 29 Aug date is when the train departs?

GLOVIS SUMMIT continues to race at 18kts towards Southampton. She is currently off the NW coast of Spain and about to cross the Bay of Biscay. The Southampton port schedule continues to show her arrival as 03:30 on Monday morning into the Western Docks.

Summit.png

GLOVIS COMPANION has made into the Gulf of Suez and has less than 100NM to go to rendezvous with her Suez Canal convoy. We should find out tomorrow where she is heading to although I suspect she will head initially to Zeebrugge. Quite how she will fit in a Southampton visit I'm not sure since she is due into Oslo on 5 Sep. (Possibly Southampton on 30/8, Zeebrugge 1/9 and then Oslo) In any case we shall soon find out....

LAKE GENEVA continues to be 'dark'. I estimate that she will now be in the smoother waters of the Gulf of Aden and will probably enter the Red Sea later today. Her AIS will probably miraculously start working again tomorrow afternoon.

GRAND RUBY doesn't appear to be in any hurry, as she cruises majestically through the Straits of Taiwan at a stately 13.8kts. The slow speed isn't weather related and I don't recall that a speed limit is imposed in this area. A quick look and I can see some nearby container ships on a similar course making over 18kts. I will monitor her progress a little closer over the next 24hrs. At the moment I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She is due in Oslo on 19 Sep and somehow has to fit in a visit to Zeebrugge in between as well. The Zeebrugge port schedule has her arriving on 12 Sep which is not possible.

Aug 21.png

GLOVIS SPLENDOR was long thought to be a likely Tesla ship until she went and docked 30NM further up the Yangtze River at the port of Taicang. There is no way she is carrying Teslas. She should be heading for Europe and her first port of call will be Singapore, which I suspect may just be a refuelling stop. I won't mention her again, but you may find other 'sources' on the web tracking her as if she is a Tesla vessel.

Remember the tropical depression I mentioned earlier in the week that was originally forecast to develop into a typhoon but fizzled out? A damp squib, I called it. Well it's reared itself back into life and has quickly developed into a named storm, Tropical Storm Omais. The forecasters don't think it will develop further and it should veer off to hit S Korea rather than continue on its present course towards Shanghai. If the forecaster's have got it wrong, again, then it could affect Shanghai on Monday.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the 29 Aug date in Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SUMMIT should unload on 25 Aug and I don't think GLOVIS COMPANION can make it there before 31 Aug (I could be wrong but perhaps only 1 day out). In the past cars have been moved to Sweden from Zeebrugge via rail and I wonder if the 29 Aug date is when the train departs?
Thanx for feedback! They told me 29th for unloading, so as usual difficult to know exactly what they mean..

Ok my car has been confirmed to be on a ship that gets into southampton on the 13th of september, does anyone know which ship that would be if it’s already on one or when it would be leaving shanghai so i can track it :))
GRAND RUBY is the ship you should follow. Tesla will update their dates eventually.

Reactions: sheresingh
So I ordered on 8th August with delivery 'estimated September'. No VIN currently, just an RN number. All parts of order completed.

If GRAND RUBY is the last ship to Europe for Q3 does this mean that 'September' is not going to happen?
I also ordered two weeks ago and my VIN just popped up today.

The Tesla website still says that if you order today you should expect to receive delivery in September. I know that this is only an estimate and the Tesla ordering and delivery service is the strangest I’ve ever come across, but this suggests to me that there are cars en route which haven’t yet been sold.

If I don’t take delivery in September I’ll be without a car till November so Tesla had better come up with the goods, literally.

I also ordered two weeks ago and my VIN just popped up today.

The Tesla website still says that if you order today you should expect to receive delivery in September. I know that this is only an estimate and the Tesla ordering and delivery service is the strangest I’ve ever come across, but this suggests to me that there are cars en route which haven’t yet been sold.

If I don’t take delivery in September I’ll be without a car till November so Tesla had better come up with the goods, literally.

Lucky! I'm trying to hang on to my current car for as long as possible to avoid exactly that. Fingers crossed.

So I ordered on 8th August with delivery 'estimated September'. No VIN currently, just an RN number. All parts of order completed.

If GRAND RUBY is the last ship to Europe for Q3 does this mean that 'September' is not going to happen?
I wouldn't panic. I ordered 10 July and have no VIN yet. Was told on the phone by Tesla it would be mid September. Not sure I understand how their allocation system works - assuming it does work 🤔

Thats because Tesla don't build to order and take a punt on what they need. This guide includes quite a good explanation of the way tesla work and some of the timescales which might answer questions rather than lots more posts about ordering and when to expect a response as it very much depends on when in the quarter to you order.

Tesla delivery guide and check-list

The TL;DR is if you order in the first week of a quarter you'll probably not hear anything for 8 weeks, if you order in the last 2 weeks of a quarter, delivery could be tomorrow.

with GLOVIS COMPANION approaching Suez i found that the container ship MARIE MAERSK is directly in front of her, this ship is the one featured on Richard Hammond's 'Big' programme
You may also be pleased to know that EVER GIVEN, the ship that recently blocked the canal, successfully transited the canal soutbound yesterday.

The BIG news this evening is that Franco Mossotto who maintains the excellent spreadsheet record of Tesla car shipments was tipped off that Tesla are now using the pier closer to the GF - Shanghai South. It just so happens TRITON ACE is loading there now. She is heading to Europe with 4410 cars onboard! News article here. According to my records TRITON ACE is due to arrive in Southampton on 18 Sep and Zeebrugge on 20 Sep.

Two bits of news today - the first is that Zeebrugge have finally updated their port schedule, probably as a result of my pestering emails! Anyway, this shows that GLOVIS SUMMIT will call at Zeebrugge on 25 Aug ie after calling at Southampton. It confirms GLOVIS COMPANION arriving there on 31 Aug which is spot on my estimate for her. The Zeebrugge port schedule is not always right though and it has LAKE GENEVA down to arrive on 1 Sep, which I feel is a tad ambitious and it also shows GRAND RUBY arriving there on 12 Sep which is simply not feasible.
Surprisingly the schedule does not feature ELEKTRA which is enroute there.

The other news is that GLOVIS SPLENDOR did not dock in Shanghai as widely expected to load the final shipment of Q3 to Zeebrugge. Has the final ship already left? I doubt it, but it will have to depart in the next few days though if I'm correct. Could GRAND SAPPHIRE be it?

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now in the Atlantic heading up the coast of Portugal at just under 18kts. She is due into Southampton early on Monday morning and then heads to Zeebrugge arriving there on 25 Aug. She needs to keep the speed up!

View attachment 699061

GLOVIS COMPANION is still racing up the Red Sea towards Suez. She has 500NM to go and so should just make it for tomorrow night. I expect her to then head to Zeebrugge ETA 31 Aug.

LAKE GENEVA has gone 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS transponder. This is not an uncommon occurrence in this part of the world and the idea is that it prevents a planned attack. It's a flawed argument in my opinion since the last ship that was recently attacked with drones with fatal consequences had also gone 'dark' when approaching this area. This says to me that a 'state intelligence organisation' was tracking the ship. I think it would be safer to keep the transponder on and have the message "Armed guards onboard" or similar to dissaude an opportunist attack but maintain the safety aspect of the AIS transponder. There are too many 'ghost ships' in this area at the moment and a significant collision is inevitable sooner or later.
Anyway she had posted an ETA for Suez of 25 Aug on her AIS but I'm not sure I believe that - I think she can easily make 24 Aug, perhaps this is part of a (not so) cunning deception plan. I think the earliest she will arrive in Zeebrugge is 2 Sep

GRAND RUBY departed Shanghai in the early hours of this morning and is I believe heading for Southampton. She updated her estimate for Suez to 7 Sep and so I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She does appear on the Zeebrugge port schedule (see above) and we'll just need to keep an eye on it to see whether it gets updated.

View attachment 699062

Weatherwise, there is nothing significant to report, which is nice.
My VIN is 326***, but Tesla hasn’t sent it to me yet (I found it in the source code). Could LAKE GENEVA be the one for me?

Current EDD is 9/4-18 and it has been stable for more than a week and a half now.

Status
Not open for further replies.