Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my "NISSAN LEAF HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh" on Monday (18/10/2021) as ordered the Tesla directly after test drive. Gave the order number to the leasing company as everything has been sorted. Currently driving a Kia Picanto in the mean time until my new Tesla arrives which I am hoping will be soon.

Has anyone paid +£6K for the full autonomous driving ?
Can you use the Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries for these type of questions otherwise this thread just ends up covered in non shipping content.

Or another suitable relevant thread based on your question, outside of this one

I see that VIKING OCEAN is preparing to depart Shanghai for Singapore initially (for a refuel).
I would say this is unlikely to be a Tesla ship because she is too small but then again it is probably big enough for some of the smaller markets.
So I won't dismiss this ship out of hand just yet but add her to my watch list.

HOEGH KOBE is heading for Singapore too but she will dock there. She is on a scheduled service that is heading to Bremerhaven but via Singapore, Port Sudan, Piraeus and Zeebrugge - the proverbial slow boat from China. I somehow doubt she will have any Teslas onboard.

It looks like HELIOS RAY is finallly making her way to the dock......

Tesla Delivery Team GB on Monday (18/10/2021) advised me that my car is on it's way on a ship from China and I will be kept updated by text messages/emails.

No sign of VIN yet.
You placed an order on the 9th October and they’ve said it’s already on a ship?
That seems odd because there are people that ordered a month before you being given a last week October best case delivery (I.e not yet on a ship). More likely to be December. I am one such person.

You placed an order on the 9th October and they’ve said it’s already on a ship?
That seems odd because there are people that ordered a month before you being given a last week October best case delivery (I.e not yet on a ship). More likely to be December. I am one such person.
I am not sure that whether someone gave me false information as I called "Tesla Delivery Team Great Britain" on "01628450660" and quoted my order number which begins with "RN".

No confirmation of VIN yet.

I am not sure that whether someone gave me false information as I called "Tesla Delivery Team Great Britain" on "01628450660" and quoted my order number which begins with "RN".

No confirmation of VIN yet.
True confirmation that its in transit is getting a VIN confirmation text or if you are a lease/salary sacrifice you'll get a "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" text with no VIN. Either of these texts happen when the car is in transit to the UK

HELIOS RAY is entering Shanghai harbour, hopefully she will pick the "right" pier.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-20 um 14.39.51.png

I spottet maybe 3 more carriers in waiting position in Shanghai:

GLOVIS CHALLENGE
FIRMAMENT ACE
GRAND PIONEER

Maybe .... it is one of the "secret" ones , who knows ?!?

Last edited:
I've had a long old wait since May time but I may be getting somewhere........ I have a M3P (FSD) black with white interior on order and i have been pestering Tesla SA's each week.

Last week there was no update and to just wait for them to contact me...... but today they have confirmed that it is now at sea on its way. I asked the key questions but they refused to answer saying they will be in touch in the next few weeks.

My order is through a lease so I won't get the VIN text but I will get the delivery/collection text in the coming weeks.

Good news is the car is coming and was shipped within the last 7 days since my last request for info. Good news :)

Its one of three I believe they have used: One is the next one downstream and the other is on the Pier South of GF3, which you can see being used in a Wa Wu YT video.
Mr M may know if there are more upstream on the Yangtze - I've had a brief scan up there, but couldn't see any likely candidates.
Yeah I did a bit of Googling and only came across this pier (which is why they started using recently near to Giga Shanghai) - Helios Ray's not at that one though MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.