Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have checked the Southampton port schedule and they are expecting to dock both HELIOS RAY and VIKING OCEAN in the Western Docks on Saturday afternoon. The ships have different port agents though and so I am once again inclined to suggest that VIKING OCEAN is not a Tesla vessel per se, she just may have some onboard.

Reactions: Washout
Ordered M3LR in June for delivery in Bergen, Norway. Long wait as they were pushing the Y's and slightly useless adviser. Anyway...

Not so informative chat with CS today:
You can expect delivery second half of December. May not be before Christmas.
It is in transit but I can't give you the name of the ship.
It is going to Belgium and will be transported on from there.

Dang, had hoped it was on the boat of dreams, the Nabucco 😁😁😁😁

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I'm curious about something.
Most of you are waiting for M3.
I'm waiting for my Red LR MY from China.
Order since 21.08.21 in Romania.
Initial EDD December 2021, moved to February 2022.
No VIN in the source code.

The MY the shipped on those ships mixed with M3? I cannot find any new info about new EU shipped MY since September.

Whilst we await Mr M's internet service to be restored to normal, here's a late breaking video from Wu Wa, showing operations on the Southern Shanghai dock.
There are a lot of RHD cars there, as well as some LHD and usefuly shows the holding lots being used, before loading on the GRAND DAHLIA.
Am I going crazy or do a lot of these cars not have the chrome delete?

Reactions: Mattwrigley
Is there some sort of roro ship maintenance that goes on at CN TXG, ships seem to go there, then go Out of Range, which I'm guessing means they have their AIS turned off, a Glovis earlier in the month, now platinum ray.
It's just that there isn't terrestrial AIS coverage there. (I've checked on my satellite account and PLATINUM RAY is there) Lots of ships go there because it's a key port for Beijing.

I'm curious about something.
Most of you are waiting for M3.
I'm waiting for my Red LR MY from China.
Order since 21.08.21 in Romania.
Initial EDD December 2021, moved to February 2022.
No VIN in the source code.

The MY the shipped on those ships mixed with M3? I cannot find any new info about new EU shipped MY since September.
When you say 'Initial EDD December 2021, moved to February 2022' have you been told that or is that what the website is saying if you ordered today?
I would still think you will get delivery in Dec.

Whilst we await Mr M's internet service to be restored to normal, here's a late breaking video from Wu Wa, showing operations on the Southern Shanghai dock.
There are a lot of RHD cars there, as well as some LHD and usefuly shows the holding lots being used, before loading on the GRAND DAHLIA.
Thanks for posting this - he does a great video although I was getting dizzy at times!
I'm rather pleased that I tipped GRAND DAHLIA back on 01 Nov.
She is running two days behind schedule - she was meant to refuel in Singapore in 17 Nov.
We shall see when she departs Singapore if she intends to try and recoup some time but at the moment it's looking like a 12 Dec arrival in Southampton and 14 Dec in Zeebrugge.

As an aside, I've received an email from an unusual source which basically tells me that I shouldn't hope for too much from GLOVIS SUN. My research shows that GLOVIS SUN is scheduled to operate in Europe in Dec and she will be alongside within the next 30 minutes. Anyway, we shall see...

Sorry for any spelling issues - I'm posting this from my mobile and my fingers are too fat!

Reactions: Washout and S.Lav
One of the most relevant videos for this thread, for sure!

In the drone shots we see mostly (only?) LHD Model Ys being loaded on the GRAND DAHLIA, although the ship's capacity is significantly larger than whatever we can see staged on the pier (a few hundred cars), so it's likely that many RHD Model 3s were loaded either before or after this was shot. Particularly since there seem to be large numbers of RHD cars in the parking areas on the dock.

Hint: it's far easier to identify LHD/RHD cars in drone shots if one looks for the white interior cars.

Reactions: Washout
Assuming no duplication, 1723 cars visible
0:25 675 + 151 parked up RHD
0:54 384 RHD
1:40 121 LHD
By ship 392. LHD
Loading LHD first, implies Southampton before Zeebrugge as per Mr M's comment

Last edited:
Anyone wondering about NABUCCO (earlier referred to as the Ship of Dreams) it's showing as in the Gulf of Aden but hasn't updated its position for over 3 days - out of range or its AIS is temporarily turned off. Scheduled to arrive at Suez 2021-11-16 20:00 LT (UTC +2) according to NABUCCO (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Sweden - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9731652, MMSI 265021000, Call Sign SBLU

Interestingly it doesn't show a final destination but I supose that is normal?

And may I say that following the Tesla shipping is a fine obsession... ;)

Reactions: BoredIndividua
Status
Not open for further replies.