Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like your car is on NABUCCO then... Im surprised that they are able to unload, ship it to Sweden and deliver it in two days though...
No m8. It is on HOEGH KOBE according to VIN search. But, I got new date for getting my car. December 3 instead of December 1. The Tesla rep told me yesterday that they expect the car arriving at my pick up location November 29 and they need the days to prepare the car with, among other things, winter tires. We have a law that we have to have winter tires in Sweden from December 1, regardless of the road conditions.

Reactions: jhnbssll
No m8. It is on HOEGH KOBE according to VIN search. But, I got new date for getting my car. December 3 instead of December 1. The Tesla rep told me yesterday that they expect the car arriving at my pick up location November 29 and they need the days to prepare the car with, among other things, winter tires. We have a law that we have to have winter tires in Sweden from December 1, regardless of the road conditions.
Not regardless of road conditions. You are only required to use winter tires in Sweden if there is “winter road conditions“. If not, you can use your regular tires as much as you like.

Reactions: billanboy
Looking at Jason Yang's Shanghai GF3 video this week (as well as Wu Wa's), shows the holding lot is nearly empty compared to previous weeks, as are the two test tracks. Plenty of road transporters appear to be awaiting cars and some single car transporters are loading, which I can only assume are for local deliveries.
My guess is the factory is either transitioning (or about to) to domestic production, or there are supply chian issues...

Reactions: TMYDK
Thank you Mr. M and to all how answered and contributed.

I just got word that the TMY is being picked up in Bergen on the 24th of this month. Which means I will have my TMX in time for two round trips to Voss.

I really enjoyed frantically updating this tread these past few weeks, taking a deeper dive into shipping. Now I can finally relax and prepare for my first EV and first Tesla!

Thank you again.

Reactions: Pettero
Hi Mr M, would you guestimate the shipping date for the first UK model Y's. Early 2022 delivery is very vague, but hoping cars will ship either late December 21 or January 22. If its later than January Chinese New year being early Feb 2022 is bound to cause a slowdown as I assume China will shutdown production & shipping for 7-14 days.

Hi Mr M, would you guestimate the shipping date for the first UK model Y's. Early 2022 delivery is very vague, but hoping cars will ship either late December 21 or January 22. If its later than January Chinese New year being early Feb 2022 is bound to cause a slowdown as I assume China will shutdown production & shipping for 7-14 days.
"early" could mean anything up to about April to be honest. As you say Feb will cause delays so I wouldn't be surprised if it's March.
If they could do January, they'd have said January when it was put on sale so I'd temper those expectations to avoid getting burnt out waiting longer than you'd like.

Hopefully you'll see some drone shots from shanghai of Y's spotted with RHD Jan/Feb for delivery Feb/March

I expect them to arrive in March.

Hello Mr M,

I can’t believe what an amazing resource this thread is. Kudos and thanks to you and the other regular contributors to this thread.

I ordered my MP3 last week.

Do you know where the MP3’s are made and when would be the best time to start thinking about tracking the vehicle? Est. Delivery feb 22’.

Many thanks!

I'm watching GLOVIS SUN at the moment and hopefully she will start loading in Shanghai later today. If she turns out to be a Tesla ship she could be the last ship to Northern Europe in Q4 but I'm not expecting her to come to UK, just Zeebrugge. There is still time for Tesla to ship to Koper though.
BOHEME has departed Shanghai and she may have some cars onboard for Zeebrugge - she is due to arrive in Bristol on 11 Dec and no Teslas will be unloaded there.

The NABUCCO competition is still open (scroll back to my last daily report to get the link) but it will close for new entries at midday tomorrow!

The watch list has been whittled down and only BROOKLANDS remains - she is due to arrive in Singapore tomorrow and so we shall see where she heads off to from there.

My home internet remains down, I suspect a cable has been cut as my neighbours have the same issue and our provider is aware of the problem. Nevertheless, I am able to keep an eye on things and if there is any news to report I shall.
So no news is good news if your car is onboard the ships I have been covering.

Reactions: Bandito and S.Lav
I am completely new to this and I have to say that it is strangely compelling to follow the discussion and regularly updated information. I ordered my M3LR on 21/09, received an invite to book collection on 29/10 and this is booked for 26/11 at Southampton Docks. I received the VIN number and Reg via a credit note on my account 09/11.

I assume my car is on either VIKING OCEAN or HELIOS RAY. I have just looked on the planned movements information for Southampton Dockyard and I can see that both ships are due in on 20/11 to the Western Docks, VO at 15:00 and HR at 18:00.

Reactions: stuigi99
Status
Not open for further replies.