Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HORIZON LEADER eventually docked yesterday evening in Zeebrugge's northern basin. She could be crossloading a large number of Teslas on to another vessel, in which case we need to keep an eye on departures from here. I expect she may still move to the southern basin to unload the remaining Teslas.

HYPERION RAY departed from Southampton yesterday evening and promptly hove-to in Lyme Bay. I can only assume this was because of the approach of Storm Barra. We saw the other week she avoided some heavy weather by sheltering for a day or two off the Algarve. Her ETA in Ashdod in not particularly ambitious - the night of 16 Dec.

HOEGH TRACER is currently docked in Santander.
I expect she will unload any Teslas bound for Spain here. Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now rescheduled to be 08 Dec.
This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is making just 13kts in choppy seas off the north coast of Tunisia. She is aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec and is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The weather forecast is not being very kind to her and I suspect her arrival will be delayed.

PARADISE ACE is maintaining 18 kts and is slowly catching GRAND DAHLIA 390 NM ahead however she is going to meet some weather over the next 24 hrs as she approaches Malta which likely impede her progress too. She has an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY continues to progress up the Red Sea at 15kts heading for Suez where she is due to arrive tomorrow. She is due to arrive in Koper on 11 Dec.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

HOEGH TRACER has just departed Santander and is on her way to Zeebrugge. Now we just need to find what wessel that will ship my car the final route to Bergen and further along the Norwegian coast. Does anybody know or have a qualified guess?

HYPERION RAY If this vessel has decided to shelter in Lyme Bay from the approaching Storm Barra then she will be disappointed.
Although the storm is approaching from the west, the gale force winds associated with it will blow from the south (Buys Ballot's law) which means she will be fully exposed and close to a lee shore. Not ideal. The French coast, east of the Cherbourg peninsula, where other vessels are assembling would have been a better choice.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and Special
Quite a few of us in Denmark got a text message today for booking an appointment for weeks 49, 50 and 51. Me myself booked the first available day for me which was 27th Dec. Is the SMS being triggered from a ship being unloaded or are they just proactively scheduling deliveries without having the vehicles (or at least no certain date for receiving them if they are not unloaded from ship)?

Quite a few of us in Denmark got a text message today for booking an appointment for weeks 49, 50 and 51. Me myself booked the first available day for me which was 27th Dec. Is the SMS being triggered from a ship being unloaded or are they just proactively scheduling deliveries without having the vehicles (or at least no certain date for receiving them if they are not unloaded from ship)?
Today I received the text as well, but only option to receiving the car was 30/12 or 31/12. Taking into consideration that they mentioned that SMS would be issued 14 days before delivery, I’m assuming they’re just pushing deliveries as much as they can even without cars being unloaded - and hopping for the best with the boats!
I’ve picked 30/12 myself, so will be flying to Denmark the day before just to pick it up and back to my holidays the next day. 🙄
Good luck everyone in DK.

As I expected, HORIZON LEADER has now moved docks in Zeebrugge and is now alongside the ICO pier where she will unload her remaining Teslas.
In the northern basin, NEPTUNE GALENE is preparing to depart to Le Havre, a port previously used by Tesla, and so one might presume that there is a possibility of Teslas for the French market being on board. Meanwhile, we wait to see where Mosel Ace departs to.....

I have a date for pickup of my M3 in Ljubljana on 20.12. I talked to Tesla today and got info that the car is coming from Koper but they are getting it on 18/19.12. So i guess there is another ship coming to Koper (ARABIAN SEA?). Btw they are getting cars from all over Europe, some of the cars actually came from Zeebrugge.

HYPERION RAY If this vessel has decided to shelter in Lyme Bay from the approaching Storm Barra then she will be disappointed.
Although the storm is approaching from the west, the gale force winds associated with it will blow from the south (Buys Ballot's law) which means she will be fully exposed and close to a lee shore. Not ideal. The French coast, east of the Cherbourg peninsula, where other vessels are assembling would have been a better choice.
Delivery date here is still the same at 14th.
I already have vin code in app

This is not an option given HR behavior and plan. I don’t know what Tesla is up to

No Information or new updates here for my M3LR, delivery netherlands. Hopefully there will be updates soon. I can only see in my rental company's order page that I eventually have to pickup the car in 'Tilburg' (netherlands). I guess this is the default location currently for all tesla's shipped to netherlands?

The weather is going to delay Tesla deliveries....

HORIZON LEADER moved docks in Zeebrugge and is now alongside an ICO pier where she will unload her remaining Teslas.

HYPERION RAY continues to be hove-to in Lyme Bay off the south coast of England. As I posted earlier this is a strange place to choose if the aim is to shelter from Atlantic Storm Barra. I wonder if her ballasting systems are fully operational since we saw the other week she avoided some heavy weather by sheltering for a day or two off the Algarve. Her ETA in Ashdod in not particularly ambitious - the night of 16 Dec.

HOEGH TRACER has departed Santander and set off in search of the New World, or so it seems. Instead of a direct track across the Bay of Biscay she turned left and followed the Spanish coast to enter the Atlantic. This would appear to be a strategy to avoid Storm Barra but does mean that her arrival in Zeebrugge may be further delayed. At one time she was going to arrive in Zeebrugge on 3 Dec but now it looks more like the 9th Dec.
This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is making just 14 kts in choppy seas off the north coast of Algeria. She is aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec and is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The weather forecast is not being very kind to her and I strongly suspect her arrival will be delayed.

PARADISE ACE is struggling to achieve 14kts in choppy seas off Tunisia. She is now 340 NM behind GRAND DAHLIA however the weather over the next 24 hrs will prevent her from reducing this. She has an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec, however the weather enroute will make this unlikely.

VIKING BRAVERY has now entered the Gulf of Suez and will likely navigate the Suez Canal early tomorrow morning. She is due to arrive in Koper on 11 Dec however the weather may have a say in this. She's in for a bumpy ride.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.