Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr M. What are your thoughts on Heogh transporter and Platinum ray?
PLATINUM RAY has a history of being chartered by Tesla which is why some folk are tracking her, however on this voyage she is certainly not a Tesla charter. She departed Shanghai on 13 Nov for another Chinese port and then subsequently visited four ports in S Korea before heading to Koper. Yes she has been to Shanghai and yes she is going to Koper but that does not make her a Tesla carrier.
HOEGH TRANSPORTER The good thing about this ship is that folk can search for their VIN on the Hoegh website. There have been no reports of Teslas being onboard this ship. Additionally she arrives too late into Zeebrugge, 26 Dec , to be of much use and so I discounted her before she even left Shanghai.

Reactions: Michael C
HYPERION RAY has resumed her voyage to Ashdod, Israel with a load of cars that left Shanghai back in October. She is just entering the Bay of Biscay. Her ETA in Ashdod is the night of 16 Dec, which is looking good.

HOEGH TRACER is currently abeam Lisbon on her northward leg of her magical mystery tour. She is now sailing against the wind and against the sizeable swell and so she'll be making slow progress. She's making 10 kts at the moment.
She has updated her AIS to show Zeebrugge as her destination with an ETA of 12 Dec. She'll need to increase speed to make that.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is just turning north off the SW coast of Portugal. She is rescheduled to arrive in Southampton at 19:30 on 12 Dec and will now probably arrive into Zeebrugge on evening of 13 Dec.
Standby for the results of the GRAND DAHLIA competition shortly after midday.....

PARADISE ACE is making the most of the calmer seas as she approaches the Straits of Gibraltar and has increased speed to 18kts.
As expected her ETA into Southampton has been revised because of the weather delays to 13 Dec. Her Zeebrugge ETA will be more likely to be late 14 Dec/early 15 Dec if she can dock without delay in Southampton.

VIKING BRAVERY is making reasonable progress across the Mediterranean SE of Crete at 16kts. She is due to arrive in Koper at 21:00 on 11 Dec and she could make this but it will not be a smooth voyage until she arrives in the Adriatic.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) We have heard nothing to support the case that she is carrying Teslas and I would have expected that by now and so I think we can drop her off the watch list.

@Mr Miserable Some Spanish people (myself included) have been assigned another VIN just an hour ago. Those VIN's are on HOEGH TRACER and we got an estimation date of Dec 17th on the bill. At Hoegh website appears Zee on 15th.

Maybe another stop at Santander before going to Zeebrugge?
Might this be the cars that was supposed to go to Norway? As some of us got a new VIN that is not tracking on any Hoegh ship.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Talking to a Tesla Ranger today, who is normally based at Winchester, but also supports the Southampton docks team, he told me that they are pushing 600 cars a day through the pdi process, using 14 technicians working a 12 hour day, 6 days a week, and that this will continue until the end of the month.
The first UK Model Ys from China will arrive on either the 1st or second ship in 2022. He has had no information about the deliveries of Model Ys from Germany but did wonder if they would come by train.

GRAND DAHLIA competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 16 (but only just!)
The ship entered O3 11 at 12:02! We were so close to getting a bullseye!

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @nova56 (O3 11) who was just 31 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Squibbly who also chose O3 11 but is awarded 2nd since the entry is dated 3 days after @Nova 56
In 3rd place was @Harm3lr (O3 6) who was 91 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 11
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 631 NM off target.

Most people thought the ship would be in the Bay of Biscay.
It's a pity that I didn't choose HOEGH TRACER for the competition - that really would have been exciting!

Talking to a Tesla Ranger today, who is normally based at Winchester, but also supports the Southampton docks team, he told me that they are pushing 600 cars a day through the pdi process, using 14 technicians working a 12 hour day, 6 days a week, and that this will continue until the end of the month.
The first UK Model Ys from China will arrive on either the 1st or second ship in 2022. He has had no information about the deliveries of Model Ys from Germany but did wonder if they would come by train.
The plan is for MY to be supplied to the UK by Berlin from Q2 onwards (Q1 will be from China). At present Southampton continues to be the port of entry and I can't see that changing (although there are many reasons why it should!) I'm expecting MY to be shipped from Zeebrugge to Southampton.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
@Mr Miserable Some Spanish people (myself included) have been assigned another VIN just an hour ago. Those VIN's are on HOEGH TRACER and we got an estimation date of Dec 17th on the bill. At Hoegh website appears Zee on 15th.

Maybe another stop at Santander before going to Zeebrugge?
To be honest I was expecting her to return to Santander because I'm not sure whether she finished unloading before she banged out of there the other day. However she has changed the destination on her AIS to Zeebrugge with an ETA of 12 Dec. Could she divert back in to Santander? Nothing would surprise me...

HYPERION RAY has resumed her voyage to Ashdod, Israel with a load of cars that left Shanghai back in October. She is just entering the Bay of Biscay. Her ETA in Ashdod is the night of 16 Dec, which is looking good.

HOEGH TRACER is currently abeam Lisbon on her northward leg of her magical mystery tour. She is now sailing against the wind and against the sizeable swell and so she'll be making slow progress. She's making 10 kts at the moment.
She has updated her AIS to show Zeebrugge as her destination with an ETA of 12 Dec. She'll need to increase speed to make that.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is just turning north off the SW coast of Portugal. She is rescheduled to arrive in Southampton at 19:30 on 12 Dec and will now probably arrive into Zeebrugge on evening of 13 Dec.
Standby for the results of the GRAND DAHLIA competition shortly after midday.....

PARADISE ACE is making the most of the calmer seas as she approaches the Straits of Gibraltar and has increased speed to 18kts.
As expected her ETA into Southampton has been revised because of the weather delays to 13 Dec. Her Zeebrugge ETA will be more likely to be late 14 Dec/early 15 Dec if she can dock without delay in Southampton.

VIKING BRAVERY is making reasonable progress across the Mediterranean SE of Crete at 16kts. She is due to arrive in Koper at 21:00 on 11 Dec and she could make this but it will not be a smooth voyage until she arrives in the Adriatic.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) We have heard nothing to support the case that she is carrying Teslas and I would have expected that by now and so I think we can drop her off the watch list.
Yep, we all got the mail yesterday. Delivery date is now Monday Dec 20 (vs 14). So, we will have to wait, just a little bit more.

Can I ask a newbie question? I had a sms message that my model Y is “on the way to the Netherlands” on 19th November. I’ve heard nothing since and don’t have a VIN. Can someone explain when I am likely to get a VIN and/or a message for delivery date? Thanks 🙏

Not sure if this has been asked before so forgive me if it has, but do we know how many more cargo ships will be delivering to the UK in this quarter?
I have an order in and told delivery will be Feb/March, but looking on here there are a good number of people getting theirs early.
I know a lot is down to cancelled orders etc but I live in hope :)

Can I ask a newbie question? I had a sms message that my model Y is “on the way to the Netherlands” on 19th November. I’ve heard nothing since and don’t have a VIN. Can someone explain when I am likely to get a VIN and/or a message for delivery date? Thanks 🙏

Go to your tesla account page, open the page to administrate your Y.
In here open the source code for the web page (right click -> view source).
Then do a text search (ctrl+f) for LRW and see if you can find the VIN in there.

Be aware though that this might change if they decide to shuffle the deliveries around as happened to me yesterday.

Hi I'm also new here and in the same situation, same SMS on Nov 17th and nothing since, also no VIN in my account. So I contacted Tesla yesterday and I was told that they expect to deliver in the last 2 weeks of December and that I will soon receive a message to make a delivery appointment. Since your SMS was sent a few days after mine, I expect that Tesla's answer may also apply to you. My M3LR was ordered at the beginning of November so I still find delivery at the end of December quite impressive if they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.