Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable my tesla is onboard Glovis Sirius, Tesla says I will take delivery 30/3. But that sounds like quite a long time for them to transport the M3 from Zeebrugge to Denmark, what do you think?
I think they are probably right.
They have to sort out thousands of cars and get them to the right place and delivered by 31 Mar - they will be working hard to achieve that.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAlex
Prometheus Leader is sceduled to arriwe Drammen havn tomorrow. Does anybody know if she is carrying model 3s? Last port was Bremhaven, and before that Zeebrugge..
I repeat a post of mine from last week.
Drammen is currently flooded with Model 3's but nevertheless I would be a little surprised if nothing arrived on PROMETHEUS LEADER on 10 Mar or SPICA LEADER on 16 Mar. Last chance would be PROMETHEUS LEADER on 24 Mar.
Although I posted that last week, nothing has changed - there are still loads of Model3's on the dockside at Drammen.
Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 19.43.53.png

Over in the Caribbean, early indications are that GLOVIS SIRIUS has elected to enter the Atlantic via the Windward Passage, the first Tesla ship to do that this quarter. It's highly likely that she will follow a great circle course too. The words of Sgt Wilson "Do you think that's wise, Sir?" spring to mind. Whilst the weather forecast looks good at the moment, it is still March......
Meanwhile over in the Mediterranean, GRANDE MEDITERRANEO has arrived in Ashdod, Israel and should be disgorging the first shipment of Model 3s to Israel.
Whilst in the Solent, nothing is happening. MORNING CAPO is still waiting....
it seems like the GANDE MEDITERRANEO didn't carry any tesla's for Israel and new rumors is a ship next week....

Hi, I was wondering what the routing of VIKING BRAVERY is. Normally they come from Fremont through the Suez Canal, right? But this one is coming from NJ, there's no factory there.
The cars come Fremont and are loaded on to a train that takes them to Newark. It's a faster but a more expensive route to Europe. The cars are also more likely to develop 'transport rash' because of the extra loading and unloading. Tesla have managed to squeeze an extra shipment to Europe each quarter by doing this.

I repeat a post of mine from last week.
Drammen is currently flooded with Model 3's but nevertheless I would be a little surprised if nothing arrived on PROMETHEUS LEADER on 10 Mar or SPICA LEADER on 16 Mar. Last chance would be PROMETHEUS LEADER on 24 Mar.
Although I posted that last week, nothing has changed - there are still loads of Model3's on the dockside at Drammen.
View attachment 643071
Thanks Mr.M! very excited to se if my m3 will appear in a matter of days/weeks from now. Never thought i would be checking shiptracking etc before I placed my order in early feb. 😄 Really enjoy your work here!

GLOVIS SIRIUS continues to make good progress across the Atlantic. She has now slowed to just over 17kts and with about 2200NM left to go she is bang-on schedule at the moment. It may have been a mistake to slow down now since the weather is fine at present but come late Friday and Saturday a further slow down may be required which will put her behind schedule necessitating a high speed dash up the Channel next Monday. Her ETA for Zeebrugge of 2100z 15 Mar is in agreement with the Zeebrugge port schedule.

Glovis Sirius Atlantic.png

GRANDE TEXAS is carrying the 3rd MIC shipment from Shanghai to the UK.
Yesterday evening she made a very brief stop off Catania, Sicily - reason unknown.
She is presently about 50NM north of Tunis making 17kts.
The great news is that she is now showing on the Southampton port schedule as arriving at 20:30 on 15 Mar to the Western Docks, confirming that this is the ship we have been waiting for!

MED GRANDE TEXAS.png

VIKING BRAVERY is currently loading at Newark. She is not due to depart Newark until tomorrow evening but she has already posted her ETA for Zeebrugge as 0400 on 20 Mar. I'm a little surprised at the long loading time in Newark for this ship - they are normally very efficient there and can load a ship very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if the ship left earlier than tomorrow evening.
Don’t forget to enter the competition - it will be the last one for the quarter and the competition will close as soon as she departs! She may depart early.
Click HERE to enter.

• Informative
GLOVIS SIRIUS continues to make good progress across the Atlantic. She has now slowed to just over 17kts and with about 2200NM left to go she is bang-on schedule at the moment. It may have been a mistake to slow down now since the weather is fine at present but come late Friday and Saturday a further slow down may be required which will put her behind schedule necessitating a high speed dash up the Channel next Monday. Her ETA for Zeebrugge of 2100z 15 Mar is in agreement with the Zeebrugge port schedule.

View attachment 643263

Yesterday evening she made a very brief stop off Catania, Sicily - reason unknown.
She is presently about 50NM north of Tunis making 17kts.
The great news is that she is now showing on the Southampton port schedule as arriving at 20:30 on 15 Mar to the Western Docks, confirming that this is the ship we have been waiting for!

View attachment 643264

VIKING BRAVERY is currently loading at Newark. She is not due to depart Newark until tomorrow evening but she has already posted her ETA for Zeebrugge as 0400 on 20 Mar. I'm a little surprised at the long loading time in Newark for this ship - they are normally very efficient there and can load a ship very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if the ship left earlier than tomorrow evening.
Don’t forget to enter the competition - it will be the last one for the quarter and the competition will close as soon as she departs! She may depart early.
Click HERE to enter.
GRANDE TEXAS?
What's the confirming word on your end that it's bringing Tesla cars (source) ?

Call your SA ;)

Just put a deposit on a LR that was on its way. SA said 22nd arrival at Zeebrugge. So he already knows about the delay? Or maybe they just don't work at weekends and set it to monday. ;)
There's no delay. I assume your car must be arriving on VIKING BRAVERY. It's due to arrive at the moment on 20 Mar.
I wouldn't expect delivery, even in Belgium until at least 23rd or 24th

GLOVIS SIRIUS continues to make progress across the Atlantic. She is currently passing 300NM west of the Azores but has now slowed to just over 16kts and with about 1800NM left to go she would arrive about 5 hrs late at her present rate. She still has the opportunity to make up the lost time and so I suspect we shall see her racing up the English Channel on Monday. Her ETA for Zeebrugge of 2100Z 15 Mar is in agreement with the Zeebrugge port schedule.

She is presently about 50NM northwest of Algiers making 17kts.
The weather looks OK for her at the moment all the way to Southampton.
ETA Southampton 20:30 on Monday 15 Mar

MED GRANDE TEXAS.png

VIKING BRAVERY is on her way to Zeebrugge!
Yesterday I mentioned that I would not be surprised if she departed Newark earlier than planned and just before midnight local time last night she slipped her ropes and slid out in to the Atlantic, 17 hours earlier than expected. She is currently making 18kts along the Ambrose - Nantucket Fairway a 2NM wide one-way corridor that she is required to follow for another 120NM or so. Busy seaways often have these type of traffic separation schemes to reduce the risk of collisions and the approaches to New York are regulated for a considerable distance out.
Her revised ETA in Zeebrugge is 0900Z 19 Mar.

Viking Bravery Atlantic Prog.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS is currently 280NM north of the Azores and has now increased speed to just under 18kts but with about 1350NM left to go she will need to maintain about 17.5kts all the way to arrive on schedule. She is going to be taking a bit of a pounding from the weather over the next 24hrs which may prove decisive. Her ETA for Zeebrugge at the moment is 2100z on Monday

She passed through the Straits of Gibraltar this morning and is now in the Atlantic making 17kts.
She has been blessed with smooth seas all the way from China so far but now she is in the Atlantic she can expect it to be a little rougher - nothing that she wasn’t built to handle though.
That said, I note that her arrival in Southampton has been delayed by about 6 hours.
Revised ETA Southampton 02:00 on Tuesday 16 Mar

MED GRANDE TEXAS.png

VIKING BRAVERY is making steady progress at about 17.5kts. Although now well clear of any traffic separation scheme she has maintained an easterly course to keep well to the south of the Newfoundland Grand Banks. I expect she will maintain this course for the next 7 hours at least when the first real opportunity for a change of course on to a great circle course presents itself. The weather for the next 24 hours doesn’t look too bad for her but Sunday has potential to be a bit rough - we should know more tomorrow. Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 0800Z 19 Mar.

GLOVIS SIRIUS is currently about 650NM WSW of the Brest Peninsula and is managing to maintain 17.5kts despite the 5m+ high Atlantic swells. She has now under 1000NM left to go and the rough weather will continue for the next 24hours.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge at the moment is 2100z on Monday

Her progress over the last 24 hrs appears laboured - she is making just 13kts, along with other nearby ships heading north along the Portuguese coast battling the Atlantic swells.
She is currently 50NM NW of Lisbon and the rough seas will continue for the next 24hrs at least.
ETA Southampton 02:00 on Tuesday 16 Mar

MED GRANDE TEXAS.png

VIKING BRAVERY turned, as expected, on to a more NE’ly course late yesterday and continues to make steady progress at about 17.5kts.
Although approaching the area known as Iceberg Alley, it’s too early in the season for any icebergs to pose any problems for her.
I estimate she will pass about 40 miles north of the site of the Titanic disaster at around 2200 tonight.
The weather is not too bad at present but it is looking to deteriorate on Monday.
ETA in Zeebrugge is 0900Z 19 Mar.

Status
Not open for further replies.