Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIKING BRAVERY, the final ‘Tesla’ ship of 2021 Q1, is presently entering the English Channel about 35 NM south of The Lizard.
She is on time and the weather is fine.

Viking Bravery Atlantic Prog.png

ETA in Zeebrugge is 0900Z tomorrow

Reactions: ABCTG
I'm pretty sure Tesla will want to deliver to you by 31 Mar if at all possible. Having said that, Drammen is still awash with Model 3s on the the dockside and there seems to be no urgency to get them delivered.
You're right. They contacted me yesterday and asked if I wanted red car (I ordered black) and 19" sports wheels (I ordered 18" Aero) for the same price. I took some time thinking, and when I called back after 2 hours, the car was already sold. That's when I heard that my car was still in Belgium and it will not come before April. Bummer.

Hi all, new to the group and the world of tesla. I've been told my model 3 LR will be with me by the 31st March.

In your experiences, Is this a realistic date and would it be one of the cars that came in on the Grande Texas 2 days ago ??
Thanks in advance 🙂

Electrek reports that the Tilburg final assembly plant will be shutting down shortly:

This is a major change to how Model S and X will make it to Europe. It seems the change will occur for Q2 vehicles, which might mean it is effective "now".

@Vedaprime

Electrek reports that the Tilburg final assembly plant will be shutting down shortly:

This is a major change to how Model S and X will make it to Europe. It seems the change will occur for Q2 vehicles, which might mean it is effective "now".

@Vedaprime
Makes sense doesn’t it? The Model S and X refresh has made the assembly line already obsolete and maybe it makes sense to send out cars built in Fremont while repurposing this assembly line while waiting for giga berlin to go online?

Makes sense doesn’t it? The Model S and X refresh has made the assembly line already obsolete and maybe it makes sense to send out cars built in Fremont while repurposing this assembly line while waiting for giga berlin to go online?
Tilburg was a strange location to be chosen in the 1st place and I suspect that significant 'encouragements' were made for Tesla to site themselves there.
Whatever, the factory gate to customer time for the Model S & X will now be much faster and with significantly cheaper logistics I think these benefits will now outweigh any tax benefit to Tesla. That is so long as there are large quantities of Model 3s to ship across the Atlantic at the same time.

Reactions: ringi and muraliaix
Some folk like these quarterly summaries.
The RT value is a unit of measure that relates to a 1966 Toyota.
The way to use this chart is to compare the Total RT value from previous quarters with known import values for that specific quarter. With that comparison you should get a pretty good idea of likely 2021 Q1 figures.
The only vague areas are that I do not believe MORNING CAPO and GRANDE TEXAS were likely to be full loads. Having said that, since nearly all the UK shipments will have been delivered and registered during March the approximate combined figure of the 3 shipments should become publicly available in early April. (Some of the Southampton cars will have gone to Ireland)

1616155890059.png

1616155912959.png

• Helpful
Reactions: ABCTG
@Mr Miserable As ever, great work in keeping everyone up to date with Q1 2021 shipping news (I don't even have a car on route but love this thread). Quick suggestion, how about a summary of who's top of the charts for this quarters shipping comps? Obviously no prizes for who comes top (not even a cuddly toy) ;)
Nice idea!
I'll give it a go over the weekend..

Reactions: Bantam
Actually, it's easy enough, why spoil the weekend?
Here is a summary of the results

1616164047614.png

Now if we give 20 pts for a win, 10 pts for 2nd place and 5 points for 3rd, the leaderboard looks like this.

2021 Q1 Leaderboard

1st @alubrenner 40 (most wins)
2nd @Bantam 40
3rd= @EricVet 30
@muraliaix 30

Not even a cuddly toy.....

I'm sure @Bantam will disagree will the points allocation!

Reactions: muraliaix
Status
Not open for further replies.