Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched both videos closely and can't see any spoilers on any of those cars indicating there are Performance models waiting to be shipped. Perhaps the spoiler is added at the delivery centre? Couldn't see any Uber Turbines or Zero G wheels either.

Did spot this, wonder if it's hiding something special or someone just went crazy with the protective wrap?

View attachment 654042
I'm sure it's not but, that has a kinda Model Y look to it.

This is TUGELA. When I was looking for Southampton bound ships I discounted her, since she is not going there. I still think she is a bit of an outsider despite her calling at Zeebrugge.
TOREADOR which is currently alongside Shanghai loading will also be heading to Zeebrugge arriving 18 May.
The trouble I have with both these ships are that they are scheduled services and given the quantity of cars Tesla will want to ship I think we should be looking at chartered vessels.
Question: when you look at ships' likelihood of transporting Tesla cars do you compare ships chartered ships to ships on scheduled service.
I'm just asking as you are betting on RCC Africa and not Tugela - is that a case of chartered vs. scheduled?

Addition: I see it on my schedule source too now. Interesting, on my list too now. Great catch, I missed it, while fine combing the schedules.

Last edited:
Question: when you look at ships' likelihood of transporting Tesla cars do you compare ships chartered ships to ships on scheduled service.
I'm just asking as you are betting on RCC Africa and not Tugela - is that a case of chartered vs. scheduled?

Addition: I see it on my schedule source too now. Interesting, on my list too now. Great catch, I missed it, while fine combing the schedules.
RCC AFRICA LHD to Zeebrugge arrival around 11 May

Still haven't positively identified RHD shipment. I suspect one shipment is already enroute.
2nd shipment should be being assembled now so a ship within the next week. Should see other RHD markets being served too.

I suspect Model Y being shipped from Pier 80 to EU are for EU showrooms.
I expect RHD Model Y to come from Shanghai (No hint that UK Model Y launch is imminent though)

Over in Shanghai, TOKYO CAR is now alongside. This vessel was used in Q1 to transport RHD models to Australia.

Meanwhile in Singapore LYDDEN has departed for Suez. She not only refuelled there but also docked. Singapore is a RHD market.
So LYDDEN remains a ship of interest and we will probably have to wait until she leaves Suez to find out where she is heading.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca and ABCTG
Just saw that Shanghai made SR+ has been added to swidish tesla store. That is LHD so it should be on RCC AFRICA as well.
I'm waiting for a Performance, delivery date is still "May".
I'm waiting on a SR+, ordered by Leaseplan on Wednesday. Just noticed that the Swedish inventory ("under transport") was updated today with my exact configuration, so I guess I'm about get matched or already have been matched. I was in contact with sales rep yesterday, they didn't know then if it was going to be a car from Shanghai or Fremont.

I just got a new update for mid May delivery in Israel, and the vin is indeed MIC, I suspect its on the RCC AFRICA and might make a stop in Ashdod / Greece to make it on time?
Israel is a "new market", delivered first time from Shanghai. Think we have to wait and watch, which way ur car will go.
For me it would make sense to transfer cars for Israel in Greece. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here and ordered my M3LR on Wednesday. I ordered from available inventory, (expecting a quicker delivery) spoke to the dealership and he informs me its on a ship that left China last week and heading for the UK for a expexted delivery date of mid May to early June.

Pier 80 movements

GLOVIS COSMOS
will depart this evening, and the word on the street is that this should happen around 5pm local (0100 UK Time). The first clue of an imminent departure will be when LE MANS EXPRESS picks up her pilot and starts to approach SF Bay. Apparently the previous RCC TIANJIN/GLOVIS COSMOS changeover where the dock was empty for only about 10 minutes was an operation they want to repeat.

At the moment I estimate GLOVIS COSMOS will arrive in Zeebrugge around 8 May.

I am unsure about LE MANS EXPRESS' destination but I am reasonably confident it will not be to Europe. She won't be alongside for too long as GRAND RACE is already on the way and is due to arrive on Monday evening. GRAND RACE is quite an old ship and is about 20 metres shorter than a 'standard' RoRo and so I don't think she will be heading to Europe either.

I have tried to forecast future Pier 80 ships to Europe and I am not as confident as previous quarters because I think the Suez blockage has disrupted EU shipping schedules and they are not yet fully populated. Additionally with some cars for EU being supplied by Shanghai this quarter I think we may see a corresponding reduction in the number of ships heading to Zeebrugge from Pier 80 this quarter.

I am pretty sure we can expect to see LAKE FUXION (a cert to Zeebrugge) and GLOVIS SUMMIT is looking a likely suspect but any others would just be guesswork at the moment.

Shanghai movements

Nailing down Tesla ships from Shanghai is again proving to be hard work.

RCC AFRICA is believed to be carrying LHD Model 3s to Zeebrugge. She has just left Singapore (refuel stop) and has already entered the Malacca Straits and is due to arrive at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal on the 30 Apr. There are no longer any significant delays at Suez and I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 11 May. There are no weather concerns for her voyage at present.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

I believe there is a ship already enroute to Southampton with RHD Model 3s on board.
The published Southampton port schedule does not project far enough ahead to positively identify possible Tesla ships so it is a case of waiting until the ship has passed through Suez to see where exactly it is heading.
There are a number of ships on my watch list at the moment:

GLORIOUS LEADER (a very slim chance in my opinion) ETA Suez on 25 Apr
LYDDEN ETA Suez on 29 Apr

Also appearing on my watch list are ships heading through Singapore. If they head to Suez after Singapore they will remain of interest.
TORRENS ETA Singapore tomorrow
GLOVIS CHAMPION ETA Singapore 20 Apr

LYDDEN is looking promising at the moment. She is presently in the Malacca Straits making about 15 kts. If she is heading for Southampton I would expect her around 9 May

LYDDEN to Suez.png

There are good indications that Shanghai has recently completed a RHD production run and that being the case I am monitoring the port for a further possible departure to Southampton. Certainly I believe at least one further shipment will be heading to the UK this quarter. I fully expect to see departures to Aus/NZ around the same time.

Another change for Tesla this quarter is that cars destined for Israel may be coming from Shanghai instead of Fremont. Quite how these cars will be shipped is unknown at present. They may be shipped via Zeebrugge on a Tesla charter and then moved to Antwerp for loading onto a Grimaldi scheduled service (as was done in Q1 from Pier 80) or because of the relatively small numbers may be shipped from China on a scheduled service. I shall try to keep an eye out for any possiblities. RCC ANTWERP may be worth keeping an eye on.

Pier 80 movements

GLOVIS COSMOS
will depart this evening, and the word on the street is that this should happen around 5pm local (0100 UK Time). The first clue of an imminent departure will be when LE MANS EXPRESS picks up her pilot and starts to approach SF Bay. Apparently the previous RCC TIANJIN/GLOVIS COSMOS changeover where the dock was empty for only about 10 minutes was an operation they want to repeat.

At the moment I estimate GLOVIS COSMOS will arrive in Zeebrugge around 8 May.

I am unsure about LE MANS EXPRESS' destination but I am reasonably confident it will not be to Europe. She won't be alongside for too long as GRAND RACE is already on the way and is due to arrive on Monday evening. GRAND RACE is quite an old ship and is about 20 metres shorter than a 'standard' RoRo and so I don't think she will be heading to Europe either.

I have tried to forecast future Pier 80 ships to Europe and I am not as confident as previous quarters because I think the Suez blockage has disrupted EU shipping schedules and they are not yet fully populated. Additionally with some cars for EU being supplied by Shanghai this quarter I think we may see a corresponding reduction in the number of ships heading to Zeebrugge from Pier 80 this quarter.

I am pretty sure we can expect to see LAKE FUXION (a cert to Zeebrugge) and GLOVIS SUMMIT is looking a likely suspect but any others would just be guesswork at the moment.

Shanghai movements

Nailing down Tesla ships from Shanghai is again proving to be hard work.

RCC AFRICA is believed to be carrying LHD Model 3s to Zeebrugge. She has just left Singapore (refuel stop) and has already entered the Malacca Straits and is due to arrive at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal on the 30 Apr. There are no longer any significant delays at Suez and I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 11 May. There are no weather concerns for her voyage at present.

View attachment 654474

I believe there is a ship already enroute to Southampton with RHD Model 3s on board.
The published Southampton port schedule does not project far enough ahead to positively identify possible Tesla ships so it is a case of waiting until the ship has passed through Suez to see where exactly it is heading.
There are a number of ships on my watch list at the moment:

GLORIOUS LEADER (a very slim chance in my opinion) ETA Suez on 25 Apr
LYDDEN ETA Suez on 29 Apr

Also appearing on my watch list are ships heading through Singapore. If they head to Suez after Singapore they will remain of interest.
TORRENS ETA Singapore tomorrow
GLOVIS CHAMPION ETA Singapore 20 Apr

LYDDEN is looking promising at the moment. She is presently in the Malacca Straits making about 15 kts. If she is heading for Southampton I would expect her around 9 May

View attachment 654475

There are good indications that Shanghai has recently completed a RHD production run and that being the case I am monitoring the port for a further possible departure to Southampton. Certainly I believe at least one further shipment will be heading to the UK this quarter. I fully expect to see departures to Aus/NZ around the same time.

Another change for Tesla this quarter is that cars destined for Israel may be coming from Shanghai instead of Fremont. Quite how these cars will be shipped is unknown at present. They may be shipped via Zeebrugge on a Tesla charter and then moved to Antwerp for loading onto a Grimaldi scheduled service (as was done in Q1 from Pier 80) or because of the relatively small numbers may be shipped from China on a scheduled service. I shall try to keep an eye out for any possiblities. RCC ANTWERP may be worth keeping an eye on.
Need to get from China to Israel on May 15. Which ship?

Hello @Mr Miserable, I do same "job" like u in the german TFF-Forum, therefore I have special interest for ur informations.
I´m sure last report wasn´t done within 10min and I go with u to 100%. This Quarter is very special!

Like you, I believe that one of the ships currently heading for the Suez Canal is carrying only cars for GB.
However, I still have the TUGELA and the TUREADOR under observation. Are you totally ruling out these 2 ships?
They are both first in a northern port and then heading south to Singapore.
And as for the SR+ for Israel. To me it would make sense to transfer them in the Mediterranean. (possibly Piraeus?)
Everything else would be unnecessary waste of time in my opinion.
I'm really curious to see how the transport routes will still develop this quarter. Resolution probably end of April or beginning of May.

Greetings from the German" Teslaforum" and well done

Status
Not open for further replies.