Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS COSMOS continues her uneventful cruise towards the Panama Canal. She is presently about 160 NM off the coast of El Salvador making just over 14 kts. I have no weather concerns for her.
She is due to arrive off Panama on Monday night for a probable canal transit on Tuesday and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 9 May.

Enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition HERE - it will close when the ship enters the Panama Canal.

Cosmos Pacif.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Pier 80. Her destination is still undetermined as is her departure time.

LAKE FUXIAN This will be the next ship to load at Pier 80 and she will be heading to Zeebrugge. I’m told that she is still expected alongside tomorrow afternoon and although her AIS has not been updated she looks as though she will arrive on time.

GRAND SAPPHIRE has turned up to unload at Benicia. The plan is for her to dock there tomorrow night. I’m sure she will end up waiting a day or two for LAKE FUXIAN to depart probably offshore, since the anchorages are full with container ships waiting to dock in Oakland. Interestingly when I asked my contact about this ship’s Pier 80 timings it seemed to have caught him by surprise - he had no details for her. Admittedly she is not due alongside until Wednesday but stilll….

GLOVIS CHORUS the next ship to arrive is thankfully not adding to the train crash by occupying, what must be, one of the world’s most pleasant anchorages off Vancouver Island in Canada. She is not due to arrive at Pier 80 until next Saturday.

GLORIOUS LEADER I believe this ship is carrying Model 3’s to the UK.I am expecting her to arrive in Southampton on 5 May.
She is presently making good progress up the Red Sea towards Suez. I anticipate that she will conduct a canal transit on Monday.

Glorious Leader to Suez.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai .
I have not received a satellite position report from her since Thursday and so the position shown for her is my estimate.
The weather continues to be fine at present.
She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

UPDATE:
GLOVIS SUMMIT will depart in the small hours of Monday morning.
This means she will not have been alongside long enough to be filled to capacity and so is very unlikely to be heading to Europe.
Lots of questions about LAKE FUXIAN and GRAND SAPPHIRE remain unanswered at present.....

Latest: GRAND SAPPHIRE will not be able to dock at Benicia until Monday.

Last edited:
Hi, only one boat for LHD SR+ for Europ? One boat is enough or we should expect more boats ? The Tesla site continues to tell me that my order will arrive in may, but I have not yet received a VIN. Do you think is is possible ? Thanks in advance.

An addition to the watch list of ships from Shanghai is GLOVIS CORONA.
She departed Shanghai earlier today for Singapore.

Loading at Shanghai at the moment is MORNING PEACE - she will arrive at Zeebrugge on 25 May however since she is on a scheduled service I don't think she is of interest to us.

My current Watchlist of ships that have departed Shanghai:

TAURUS LEADER
GLOVIS CORONA

They are on my watchlist because I cannot find their current itinerary. Both these ships are presently heading to Singapore, a frequent refuel stop for ships bound to Europe.

LAKE GENEVA is anchored off Shanghai at the moment and I'm hoping she may join the watchlist soon.

GLOVIS COSMOS is enjoying a smooth and uneventful voyage to the Panama Canal. She is presently about 100 NM off the coast of Costa Rica making just over 15 kts. She has about 550 NM left to run.
She is due to arrive off Panama tomorrow night for a probable canal transit on Tuesday and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 9 May.

Today would be a very good time to enter the free GLOVIS COSMOS competition since it will close when the ship enters the Panama Canal.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Cosmos Pacif.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT will now depart Pier 80 this afternoon! (around midnight UK time) Her destination remains unknown at present.

LAKE FUXIAN is waiting offshore and will dock at Pier 80 as soon as possible after GLOVIS SUMMIT has left this afternoon. She will be heading to Zeebrugge and at the moment I have her pencilled in to arrive there around 20 May

GRAND SAPPHIRE is also waiting offshore but to enter Benicia. The latest plan is for her to dock there tomorrow (Monday) night. I get the impression that Benicia is struggling to unload ships in a timely fashion. Certainly Oakland (the container port) has been hit heavily with personnel being off with COVID. It’s not too much of a problem for GRAND SAPPHIRE as she will end up waiting a day or two in any case, probably offshore, for LAKE FUXIAN to depart since the anchorages are full with container ships waiting to dock in Oakland.

GLOVIS CHORUS the next ship to arrive is thankfully not adding to the train crash by occupying, what must be, one of the world’s most pleasant anchorages off Vancouver Island in Canada. She is not due to arrive at Pier 80 until next Saturday.

GLORIOUS LEADER I believe this ship is carrying Model 3’s to the UK.I am expecting her to arrive in Southampton on 5 May.
She has now entered the Gulf of Suez and will arrive off Suez itself later today. I’m not anticipating any delays and I am hopeful that she will conduct her canal transit tomorrow.
Glorious Leader to Suez.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai .
I have not received a satellite position report from her since Thursday and so the position shown for her is my estimate.
This is not totally unusual and often occurs in busy shipping areas - the AIS signal is not actually deliberately transmitted via satellite, a satellite in a low earth orbit will pick up the weak VHF AIS signal if conditions are right as it passes. If there are a lot of other shipping transmitting on the frequencies a weaker signal can often not be heard. This swamping of the frequencies is a problem for satellites because of the large field of view and the sheer number of ships they can see. As more dedicated satellites are launched with better discrimination the situation will improve.
The weather continues to be fine at present.
She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

GLOVIS CORONA I’m sure we don’t want another Corona coming from China but we may have. GLOVIS CORONA departed Shanghai yesterday bound for Singapore. I am busy trying to locate an itinerary for this ship but until I do, she is on my watch list since most ships heading to Europe take the opportunity to refuel at Singapore. She is due there on 30 Apr and so by 1 May we will know whether she is heading to Suez or not.

LAKE GENEVA is currently loading at Shanghai and I have hopes that this ship will also join the watchlist.

My current Watchlist of ships that have departed Shanghai:

TAURUS LEADER
GLOVIS CORONA

They are on my watchlist because I cannot find their current itinerary. Both these ships are presently heading to Singapore, a frequent refuel stop for ships bound to Europe.

LAKE GENEVA is anchored off Shanghai at the moment and I'm hoping she may join the watchlist soon.
So all us M3P owners to be are now very interested in the next ships to leave for the UK as yet again our Performance models are not on the first ship

Reactions: 2021_M3P
I went to pier 80 yesterday and it looked like the Clovis ship was being loaded. It was not all teslas though that were being loaded on it - looked like there were some white vans and some other vehicles. There was a huge number of teslas located there - not just in the main staging lot, but also in a dirt overflow lot over to the side. I'm not sure if one can make an inference as to what this means, but seems production must be ahead of their ability to ship. Maybe its just the period of the quarterly cycle where some specific EU bound cars are made ahead of shipping schedules.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Ordered M3P in Norway on 7th Apr. Talked to them last week, they say delivery will be early Jun. Still not received VINN...
Definitely. I’ve been offered a LR twice instead of my P3 on two separate occasions. Each time was when they informed me I had another few months to wait. I ordered my P3 in mid September 2019 delayed in November to January then March then May and now June. I hope my cars on a boat.

Reactions: Redbug and Tezzela
I went to pier 80 yesterday and it looked like the Clovis ship was being loaded. It was not all teslas though that were being loaded on it - looked like there were some white vans and some other vehicles. There was a huge number of teslas located there - not just in the main staging lot, but also in a dirt overflow lot over to the side. I'm not sure if one can make an inference as to what this means, but seems production must be ahead of their ability to ship. Maybe its just the period of the quarterly cycle where some specific EU bound cars are made ahead of shipping schedules.
Thanks for the update. Did you notice any RHD cars? Still a possibility that the M3P may be coming from USA...

Last edited:
Also received a delivery date for my Model 3 LR: May 19th in Tilburg, the Netherlands. Mine was ordered by the leasecompany at April 14th.
Fingers crossed that the delivery will be on schedule.
Same here for a friend of mine, located in Switzerland, who received his VIN and finally a delivery date in Switzerland for 25 May (surely on GLOVIS COSMOS), LR ordered ~10th April

THANK YOU SO MUCH @Mr Miserable for all your work !! AMAZING !! 👏

Reactions: muraliaix
When I spoke to Tesla last week they were adamant that all deliveries to the UK were coming from Shanghai

Tesla don’t know their arse from their elbow.... had this today.

“I've investigated this for you and found that you're going to get a Model 3 performance from the Fremont factory. Once allocated to a car we will be able to check the VIN and confirm this for you.

I hope this helps moving forward”

Err, no, it doesn’t really help moving forward! The only really useful source of info is this (brilliant) thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.