Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two bits of news today - the first is that Zeebrugge have finally updated their port schedule, probably as a result of my pestering emails! Anyway, this shows that GLOVIS SUMMIT will call at Zeebrugge on 25 Aug ie after calling at Southampton. It confirms GLOVIS COMPANION arriving there on 31 Aug which is spot on my estimate for her. The Zeebrugge port schedule is not always right though and it has LAKE GENEVA down to arrive on 1 Sep, which I feel is a tad ambitious and it also shows GRAND RUBY arriving there on 12 Sep which is simply not feasible.
Surprisingly the schedule does not feature ELEKTRA which is enroute there.

The other news is that GLOVIS SPLENDOR did not dock in Shanghai as widely expected to load the final shipment of Q3 to Zeebrugge. Has the final ship already left? I doubt it, but it will have to depart in the next few days though if I'm correct. Could GRAND SAPPHIRE be it?

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now in the Atlantic heading up the coast of Portugal at just under 18kts. She is due into Southampton early on Monday morning and then heads to Zeebrugge arriving there on 25 Aug. She needs to keep the speed up!

View attachment 699061

GLOVIS COMPANION is still racing up the Red Sea towards Suez. She has 500NM to go and so should just make it for tomorrow night. I expect her to then head to Zeebrugge ETA 31 Aug.

LAKE GENEVA has gone 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS transponder. This is not an uncommon occurrence in this part of the world and the idea is that it prevents a planned attack. It's a flawed argument in my opinion since the last ship that was recently attacked with drones with fatal consequences had also gone 'dark' when approaching this area. This says to me that a 'state intelligence organisation' was tracking the ship. I think it would be safer to keep the transponder on and have the message "Armed guards onboard" or similar to dissaude an opportunist attack but maintain the safety aspect of the AIS transponder. There are too many 'ghost ships' in this area at the moment and a significant collision is inevitable sooner or later.
Anyway she had posted an ETA for Suez of 25 Aug on her AIS but I'm not sure I believe that - I think she can easily make 24 Aug, perhaps this is part of a (not so) cunning deception plan. I think the earliest she will arrive in Zeebrugge is 2 Sep

GRAND RUBY departed Shanghai in the early hours of this morning and is I believe heading for Southampton. She updated her estimate for Suez to 7 Sep and so I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She does appear on the Zeebrugge port schedule (see above) and we'll just need to keep an eye on it to see whether it gets updated.

View attachment 699062

Weatherwise, there is nothing significant to report, which is nice.
As usual super comprehensive! Out of interest how much do they charge for transporting per car? I know they can take on around 6000 cars give or take, must be around $1000 per car, I assume it varies with charter rates etc ?

As usual super comprehensive! Out of interest how much do they charge for transporting per car? I know they can take on around 6000 cars give or take, must be around $1000 per car, I assume it varies with charter rates etc ?
That is a very closely guarded commercial secret. Tesla play the market though and generally charter a complete ship. The exception to this rule was earlier in Q3 when they used a number of scheduled liner services for vehicles made in Q2 that for some reason or other were not shipped in Q2. Shipments to Australia and NZ are also made on scheduled services at the moment as it works out cheaper. Australia can be a very expensive part of the world to operate a ship - you never want to refuel there and there is a lack of competition in the ports. Additionally it's very much one way traffic - the RoRo's are empty on the return leg.

Reactions: NATO
Super update, as usual.

So, being completely selfish, if my EDD is 11th September, it seems that Glovis Summit is too early for me, and reading your update, Glovis Companion isn't going to Southampton at all? Or is she heading to SOU after Zeebrugge? Grand Ruby is, of course, too late for me.

My apologies if I've missed an earlier update!
My SA named Glovis Companion as the ship my car is on. Mines being delivered 11th September so sounds like our cars couldn’t side by side right now 😁

Hi,

I ordered my M3 LR on the 09/08/21; I recieved my assigned text on the 12/08 but haven't been contacted since so it might seem I have no VIN; however I followed some instructions from another member on this site and found my VIN in the source data on my account page online. I then rang Tesla to ask a question about an order I have made and they asked for the VIN so I quoted the VIN I found online and turns out it was correct and they found my account instantly. SA told me my car had 56% battery, was in a container in Shanghai right next to the water waiting to be loaded and that my tyer pressure was fine, and the temperature in the car was 29 degrees. Point I'm trying to make is, going off there willingness to tell me info, I've only go a text saying I have been assigned a car on the 12th, and not know anything more. But I have been assigned a VIN on my account as will everyone who's been assigned a car, they're just delayed in providing the info.
How did you find the VIN? I tried copying the instructions given on another website but didn't have any luck!

I needed to change my home delivery date from 9th Sept, so I called Tesla today and said I could receive the car on either the 6th or 10th that week.

The Tesla helpline chap said the car wouldn't be "here" on the 6th (so 10th it is.)

Model 3 LR, white, VIN ends 311***, ordered end of June.

I'm not sure this adds much to the picture- just a small piece of the jigsaw.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Just a shoutout to @Mr Miserable of all the great work he is doing providing these updates. I'm sure most of you eager new 2021 Q3 owners will join me in applauding this thread as the previous quarter ones. Perhaps you all weren't aware but he has even been noted by Marinetraffic with an article Tracking Tesla shipments with MarineTraffic for his excellent detective work!

Thanks again and I'm sure I will be following future shipment thread just out of curiousity long after getting the car :cool:

GLOVIS COMPANION is still racing up the Red Sea towards Suez. She has 500NM to go and so should just make it for tomorrow night. I expect her to then head to Zeebrugge ETA 31 Aug.
Glovis Companion is expected to arrive in Oslo at september 5th

GRAND RUBY departed Shanghai in the early hours of this morning and is I believe heading for Southampton. She updated her estimate for Suez to 7 Sep and so I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She does appear on the Zeebrugge port schedule (see above) and we'll just need to keep an eye on it to see whether it gets updated..
Grand Ruby is expected to arrive in Oslo at september 19th/20th

Glovis Supreme unloaded 1300 Tesla Y at Oslo yesterday.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Anyone ever replied to the text update from Tesla. Well I did yesterday just saying any update and got a message back later saying delivery update end of September… wonder if I am still GLOVIS SPLENDOR and that’s the last ship…. Crazy if so as I got my VIN 10 days or so ago.

Anyone ever replied to the text update from Tesla. Well I did yesterday just saying any update and got a message back later saying delivery update end of September… wonder if I am still GLOVIS SPLENDOR and that’s the last ship…. Crazy if so as I got my VIN 10 days or so ago.
I very much doubt GLOVIS SPLENDOR is a Tesla ship.
I suspect the last ship to the UK will be GRAND RUBY.

Status
Not open for further replies.