Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take delivery of my M3P at Manchester on 22nd. I presumed it was on Elektra arriving in Southampton on 14th, but you seem to be suggesting that time frame is too tight. The earlier ships seem too early and the later ships are definitely too late.
As i said, 11 days is an average so some will be earlier and some later - ELEKTRA is definitely your vessel

Reactions: Pants
GLOVIS CRYSTAL is currently at the new southern pier that was first used by TRITON ACE less than a week ago to carry Tesla's. If Mr Miserable's thoughts are correct and Tesla will keep using this southern pier, it would mean a lot easier tracking for Europe bound ships. Could this be another ship destined for Europe still this quarter?
I think we can rule out GLOVIS CRYSTAL as a Tesla vessel for Europe, she is now underway towards South Korea.

Reactions: Zill
Daily "mini" ship update as Mr Miserable is away.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the English channel north of Guernsey. She will arre in Southampton today around 6:30pm.

LAKE GENEVA has been making excellent time, currently north of Algeria and will arrive to Gibraltar straight later today. She is heading directly for Zeebrugge. ETA 2nd Sep.

ELEKTRA is ccurrently out of AIS range in the Arabian sea. She can expect some rougher seas closer to Gulf of Aden which may slow her down further. Scheduled ETA to Suez still 5th Sep and Southampton 14th Sep 2pm.

GRAND RUBY is currently out of AIS range in the Bay of Bengal around 1 day behind ELEKTRA. Heading straight for Suez with ETA of 7th Sep.

TRITON ACE had an overnight refuelling stop in Singapore and is already in Malacca straights heading for Suez. Current ETA to Suez is 10th Sep. I would expect Triton's ETA to Southampton be around 18th Sep as scheduled and Zeebrugge 20th Sep.

We can cross GLOVIS CRYSTAL off the list as she headed to Korea. By now that means all Q3 ships are in motion with Triton Ace being the last one and no more are to be expected.

Daily "mini" ship update as Mr Miserable is away.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the English channel north of Guernsey. She will arre in Southampton today around 6:30pm.

LAKE GENEVA has been making excellent time, currently north of Algeria and will arrive to Gibraltar straight later today. She is heading directly for Zeebrugge. ETA 2nd Sep.

ELEKTRA is ccurrently out of AIS range in the Arabian sea. She can expect some rougher seas closer to Gulf of Aden which may slow her down further. Scheduled ETA to Suez still 5th Sep and Southampton 14th Sep 2pm.

GRAND RUBY is currently out of AIS range in the Bay of Bengal around 1 day behind ELEKTRA. Heading straight for Suez with ETA of 7th Sep.

TRITON ACE had an overnight refuelling stop in Singapore and is already in Malacca straights heading for Suez. Current ETA to Suez is 10th Sep. I would expect Triton's ETA to Southampton be around 18th Sep as scheduled and Zeebrugge 20th Sep.

We can cross GLOVIS CRYSTAL off the list as she headed to Korea. By now that means all Q3 ships are in motion with Triton Ace being the last one and no more are to be expected.

I was quoted GLOVIS SPLENDOR by my TA a while back and that is on the way to the suez after stopping in Singapore. Think it’s been discounted as a Tesla ship but it’s obviously moving in the right direction.

I was quoted GLOVIS SPLENDOR by my TA a while back and that is on the way to the suez after stopping in Singapore. Think it’s been discounted as a Tesla ship but it’s obviously moving in the right direction.
Good information! Yes indeed looks like GLOVIS SPLENDOR that was somewhat dismissed less than 2 weeks ago could likely be a Tesla ship. With an ETA of 8th Sep to Suez she would most likely reach Southampton around 17-19th Sep and Zeebrugge 20-22nd September. She is off her original schedule though so this is bit of guesswork. But will keep an eye out on this one and will be interesting to see her destination once she reaches Suez.

All in all looks to be a manic end of quarter!

999 cars is more than 124 car transporters at 8 per load, that is the reason it takes a while - i work in logistics
I think he was pointing out the danger of averages. Nissan produces 1000 per day at Sunderland and loads 24 hours per day for UK and export so as each transporter carries 8 cars you only need to load 5 per hour. Job done.
Lots of empty transporters at Southampton delivering cars for export.

Reactions: ByeByeJohnny
I think he was pointing out the danger of averages. Nissan produces 1000 per day at Sunderland and loads 24 hours per day for UK and export so as each transporter carries 8 cars you only need to load 5 per hour. Job done.
Lots of empty transporters at Southampton delivering cars for export.
Except that Nissan transports it's cars via the Port Of Tyne which is a 9 mile journey, not at the bottom of the country which then have to be transported hundreds of miles, also the current driver shortage means there are no trucks sat idle waiting for loads and the ones that are probably have no-one to drive them, I have 25 years experience in logistics. Job not done....

Last edited:
Except that Nissan transports it's cars via the Port Of Tyne which is a 9 mile journey, not at the bottom of the country which then have to be transported hundreds of miles, also the current driver shortage means there are no trucks sat idle waiting for loads and the ones that are probably have no-one to drive them, I have 25 years experience in logistics. Job not done....
Agree life is difficult but any logistics company or transporter delivering cars to Southampton for export would be ecstatic at chance of free load back haul even if took them slightly out of their way. Also because of chip shortage UK car factories are not working at capacity so less demand by OEMs. Let us adopt an Elon attitude rather than give up before trying.
thanks for your take on the matter. Maybe we should have trained our own citizens rather than rely on EU drivers.

Glovis Companion is entering The Solent doing a steady 15kts, eta to Southampton docks 21:30
Presuming onboard is my m3 which I’m collecting from Soton on the 7th, anyone else doing the same?
Glasgow on the 7th. She got to the English Channel pretty quick but then seemed to slow down on her way to Southampton. Guessing she had to adjust her arrival for docking availability.

GLOVIS COMPANION about to crash into the BRITTANIA

image-4161-1630262411907.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.