Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not correct either. I think Mr Miserable got his name from seeing all the misinformation and incorrect stuff floating around.

Generally speaking, if you are in the UK/Ireland, your car is usually made before you order it. Tesla predicts with some accuracy what kind of cars will sell, with various options, colours etc. They make them in batches that then go from the factory to the dock and are loaded on a RORO, which then heads out to sea with a well defined route planned. When your car order gets to the point of moving money around, your order is matched to a VIN of an existing car on a ship. You might get a car that is already sitting in Southampton or within sight of Italy or perhaps they need to make it for you. If someone else cancels, you might get theirs. There is no magic to this but a lot of variation occurs.
Wasn’t in my case but thanks for the input

Hello,

So I’ve had an email from TESLA. My vehicle is scheduled for me to collect from Southampton on 14th December.

Which probably means my vehicle isn’t on the PARADISE ACE as previously thought, but probably one due into port a few days before.

Does anyone have any idea which ship my car might be on? I know that the cars can sit at port for up to a week before they’re collected so I’m guessing that the earliest it could arrive to port would be 9th December.

Any steer from you guys would be great. I find this forum and tracking ships quite fun!

Just had a talk with Aarhus - my MY is on ship (did not tell me the name) arriving in Zeebrugge (he was very specific about this) mid-december. Current ETA for Aarhus is 21-12 so if I am lucky I might be able to pick it up just before Christmas. Otherwise the week after. He told me that they are delivering very few cars at the moment but in week 49, 50, 51 they expect to deliver "several hundreds" of cars so this would be the big push for them.

I got my VIN in source code on 16.11 which coincides with GRAND DAHLIA leaving SHG so I am assuming this is the ship my MY is on. He told me I am not to expect ANYTHING before the ship has unloaded the car in EU. First then am I to expect to see EDD, a few days after book a precise date, get an invoice, etc.
I’m picking up in Zealand and got my VIN about the same time as yours. And although not in the same terms, my Tesla CS was saying about the same.
Will follow on Grand Dahlia then!!
🙌🙌🙌
Thanks for sharing.

I’m picking up in Zealand and got my VIN about the same time as yours. And although not in the same terms, my Tesla CS was saying about the same.
Will follow on Grand Dahlia then!!
🙌🙌🙌
Thanks for sharing.
Seeing how GRAND DAHLIA leads the convoy of vessels passing through Suez now is strangely very satisfying :D Never imagined tracking ships is the side perk of ordering a Tesla :D

Possibly interesting for buyers in Israel:
You remember the HELIOS RAY, which was not allowed to unload in Israel, because of a lack of permits?
She probably stowed the cargo in Southampton and her sister ship, the HYPERION RAY, (ETA Southampton this evening)
is now picking up the cargo and taking it to Ashdod in Israel... everything will be fine.

Greets, but just my 2 ...

Reactions: BoredIndividua
Possibly interesting for buyers in Israel:
You remember the HELIOS RAY, which was not allowed to unload in Israel, because of a lack of permits?
She probably stowed the cargo in Southampton and her sister ship, the HYPERION RAY, (ETA Southampton this evening)
is now picking up the cargo and taking it to Ashdod in Israel... everything will be fine.

Greets, but just my 2 ...
Mr. Miserable has been suggesting the same for a while now, but good to hear you think so too. I follow you on the German forum, thanks for all your work too!

HORIZON LEADER should depart for Zeebruge around midnight tonight. She has been alongside quite a long time and I wonder if she is loading too...
She will arrive in Zeebrugge around 10am on Saturday.

HYPERION RAY departed Zeebrugge early this morning enroute to Southampton where she is due to dock at 21:30 and depart on Sunday morning. The Southampton port schedule still says she will depart back to Zeebrugge however I'm still expecting her to pick up the Israeli cars left at Southampton by HELIOS RAY and take them to Ashdod. If so, I think we may be looking at an arrival there around 13 Dec if all goes to plan.

HOEGH TRACER She is through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now in the Atlantic enroute to Santander where she will arrive on Monday morning.
I expect she will unload any Teslas bound for Spain here. Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now rescheduled to be 08 Dec.
This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is making her way north through the Suez Canal but has helpfully already updated her AIS to confirm her ETA for Southampton to be 11 Dec. This confirms her intention to have a sprint finish. Zeebrugge 12 Dec.

PARADISE ACE is in the Gulf of Suez and will likely transit the canal tomorrow morning. She is now 24hrs behind GRAND DAHLIA. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY continues her steady progress at 16 kts down the Gulf of Aden heading for Suez (7 Dec). Her arrival in Koper has been brought forward 24hrs and is now 11 Dec.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

Last edited:
Mine Model 3 LR is on the same ship HOEGH TRACER. My Tesla dealer in Bergen told me yesterday it would be delivered to me the 23. or 24. desember.

I have my pick-up date set for 16th December and my M3LR is also on this ship. Collection in West Germany
I just think guys that the one and only Tesla store in Poland is having some problems delivering this amount of cars alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.