Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, anything after the second "." is just bug fixes for the previous number. So, 2022.20 is the software you're on. All numbers past the ".20" will be bugfixes.
That’s how one would suppose SW should be versioned (or add another . for bug fixes) but it’s certainly not the case with Tesla. For example, 2022.20.7 added a new, more complex, range estimation algorithm over .6 per @greentheonly

Wonder if it's to fix the regen brake issue that some people are experiencing with 2022.20.6 & 20.7. There's a thread on Reddit where some are experiencing sudden no-regenerative braking recently. I've experience it a couple of times last week. When I let go of the accelerator and expected braking, but instead the car coasted like my old gas car.

On 20.7 and have experienced sanme now. Thought I was imagining it but it does happen.

20.7 actually fixed the regen loss issue for me: previously always lost regen on one steep corner on the dirt road to our cabin. Now it's perfect.

I hate how SW versions can be fixes for one car but cause issues in other ones.

Probably depends on specific hardware mix in each car.

For people with the regen drop issue, what model month/year is your car, and what configuration? (mine is in sig)

Ive been having issues with my sentry mode, i still dont think its fixed
what kind of issues? I've been also having sentry mode issue for the last 2-3 weeks now where it doesn't detect/trigger any events on any of the cameras. (the front camera SOMETIMES will detect events, but its very sporadic) All other cameras don't pick up anything. I have yet to get the 2022.20.8 update though.

what kind of issues? I've been also having sentry mode issue for the last 2-3 weeks now where it doesn't detect/trigger any events on any of the cameras. (the front camera SOMETIMES will detect events, but its very sporadic) All other cameras don't pick up anything. I have yet to get the 2022.20.8 update though.
Exactly this, it triggers in my garage when ever I go out but it never triggers at work. And my work lot has people walking constantly, I tried the Tesla USB and ssds. Don't understand what's going on. I've tried reformatting and rebooting nothing helps.

Exactly this, it triggers in my garage when ever I go out but it never triggers at work. And my work lot has people walking constantly, I tried the Tesla USB and ssds. Don't understand what's going on. I've tried reformatting and rebooting nothing helps.
Damn...glad i'm not the only one with this issue. I've tried multiple microSD cards, the tesla USB stick, formatting them multiple times, rebooting the car, and nothing. I've had the car since the end of May, and never had issues. This issue really only started about 2-3 weeks ago. MAYBE after a software update, but can't be too sure.

Over the weekend, the front camera picked up some events, but not all, again, VERY sporadic, but again, side and rear cameras picked up nothing. I went out for a bit in the afternoon, parked in a very big/busy lot. At the time I parked, there were no cars parked on either side of me, but when I got back to my car, cars showed up on both sides. No sentry mode events whatsoever. Cleary it should have picked up the cars pulling in, the people getting out of their car, etc., but zero events.

Ended up making a service appt for this Friday, but I really don't have high hopes.

Damn...glad i'm not the only one with this issue. I've tried multiple microSD cards, the tesla USB stick, formatting them multiple times, rebooting the car, and nothing. I've had the car since the end of May, and never had issues. This issue really only started about 2-3 weeks ago. MAYBE after a software update, but can't be too sure.

Over the weekend, the front camera picked up some events, but not all, again, VERY sporadic, but again, side and rear cameras picked up nothing. I went out for a bit in the afternoon, parked in a very big/busy lot. At the time I parked, there were no cars parked on either side of me, but when I got back to my car, cars showed up on both sides. No sentry mode events whatsoever. Cleary it should have picked up the cars pulling in, the people getting out of their car, etc., but zero events.

Ended up making a service appt for this Friday, but I really don't have high hopes.
It's probably a Firmware issue, doesn't hurt to take it in though I read someone had their USB glove box thingy replaced not sure if that fixed it but if they fix anything let me know. Can't tell you how many different usbs and micro sds I tried and still nothing records when I need it to. I even had my CO worker go out and look into the car and no recording

Reactions: SkunkApe
It's probably a Firmware issue, doesn't hurt to take it in though I read someone had their USB glove box thingy replaced not sure if that fixed it but if they fix anything let me know. Can't tell you how many different usbs and micro sds I tried and still nothing records when I need it to. I even had my CO worker go out and look into the car and no recording
I want to think its FW related due to the fact that it was working just fine since day 1, then all of a sudden stopped. And obviously all cameras are working as i can view the dashcam, and can save clips manually or on honk and view the playback.

I'll keep you posted if they are able to figure anything out, or if they just use the excuse to wait for a FW update.

I want to think its FW related due to the fact that it was working just fine since day 1, then all of a sudden stopped. And obviously all cameras are working as i can view the dashcam, and can save clips manually or on honk and view the playback.

I'll keep you posted if they are able to figure anything out, or if they just use the excuse to wait for a FW update.
Make sure you take some interior photos before dropping off the car, they like to leave smudges everywhere

Reactions: SkunkApe