Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i wonder the result :/
You were correct, this was present in 22.8

3B98E46B-956B-4E24-97F4-04740B1C436B.jpeg

On a quick drive today with 2022.20.5, I was on a dual carriageway indicating to change lane when there was another car just passing me. Before this would show the lane and car in red, but today it did not. The same lack of warning occurred when I indicated early to pull in after overtaking. Regression?

On a quick drive today with 2022.20.5, I was on a dual carriageway indicating to change lane when there was another car just passing me. Before this would show the lane and car in red, but today it did not. The same lack of warning occurred when I indicated early to pull in after overtaking. Regression?
Was two button reset performed after the update?

From experience, if you engage AP at the speed limit and that limit is 70, it will change up and down for every other limit.
If you engage AP at current speed or use the scroll wheel, it might drop to a lower speed limit, it won’t go faster than your setting.
If you engage TACC in any way first and then AP, it won’t change at all.

I haven't tried it, but anyone know if this is solved / overridden by a "Long press" ?

Engage at "current speed", then use long-press to change to Speed Limit - does that then provide the benefit of speed limit recognition and speed adjustment?

I've seen this discussed a fair bit and I'm not convinced that is how my car behaves, but I dunno if that is because its a 2019 MS (rather than a M3 / MY which I guess is the majority of the conversation here), or "something else".

I agree that my car won't go above the initially set speed, and also that if I engage AP in a 30 MPH it won't speed when exciting, but once I have increased the speed it seems to me that it will then slow / speed for subsequent speed limits and whether it was initially engaged at "Current Speed" (assuming that is how the default is set) and then changed (long-press) to "Speed limit" doesn't seem to make any difference

MS has a dedicated stalk for setting TACC speed (up/down either 1 MPH or 5MPH), and also two modes allowing either engage at current-speed or speed-limit, so it may be that is being interpreted differently than scroll wheel on M3 / MY

I haven't tried it, but anyone know if this is solved / overridden by a "Long press" ?

Engage at "current speed", then use long-press to change to Speed Limit - does that then provide the benefit of speed limit recognition and speed adjustment?

I've seen this discussed a fair bit and I'm not convinced that is how my car behaves, but I dunno if that is because its a 2019 MS (rather than a M3 / MY which I guess is the majority of the conversation here), or "something else".

I agree that my car won't go above the initially set speed, and also that if I engage AP in a 30 MPH it won't speed when exciting, but once I have increased the speed it seems to me that it will then slow / speed for subsequent speed limits and whether it was initially engaged at "Current Speed" (assuming that is how the default is set) and then changed (long-press) to "Speed limit" doesn't seem to make any difference

MS has a dedicated stalk for setting TACC speed (up/down either 1 MPH or 5MPH), and also two modes allowing either engage at current-speed or speed-limit, so it may be that is being interpreted differently than scroll wheel on M3 / MY
I think I have done the long press to change to a higher limit and yes it does change up and down to that limit.

Now here’s a thing. An earlier poster suggested it was possible to scroll beyond the speed limit in AP as TACC does.
I happened to be on a 70 limit D/C but the car displayed the limit as 60 (I know not why, there are no 60 signs to be seen!) I was able to scroll to at least 75!!!
However.when I got past the end of the D/C at a roundabout and re-engaged AP in the 60 limit, it would not scroll beyond 60.

That makes me wonder why the car thought it was a 60 but perhaps knew it wasn’t and why scrolling above a limit is sometimes possible

If the car thinks the conditions are not well-suited to autosteer, it will limit the speed you can set for autosteer. This is documented behaviour. I think I've seen a message flash up on the touch screen saying something on the lines of "autosteer speed restricted" when this happens, but it's a long time since I've tried autosteer on a single carriageway.

I noticed it's a lot more confident - almost too confident - changing lanes now.. presumably it has decided the car won't be there long enough to worry about. It'd be nice to get the visual warning though even if AP is going to ignore it..

For me on 20.5 the main issue has been lane departure. It keeps kicking in incorrectly when leaving slip roads or sometimes just changing lanes (even when indicating). It didn't behave that way on the previous software and it is very annoying.
I have experienced this when I have indicated and switched lanes simultaneously. The car would expect you to follow the Mirror-Signal-Manoeuvre routine to avoid this warning. In general, it might sound crazy, but the car expects you to drive the car like how it might drive on its own - hesitant and overcautious. Unfortunately, this is how you could build up the safety score for the FSD beta. The "I don't care" option is always easier.