Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 has also regularly been waking up then going back to sleep. No issues previously, would sleep more than happily for days on end. Seems random with some days having regular wake-ups whilst other days there’s only one or two. I don’t have cabin overheat protection or any other settings that would keep the car awake. I think Tesla are fettling.

I’ve got the same behaviour, currently on 2022.20.8 too.

I thought the wakeups were due to the fact I have an open service request, but maybe it’s not.

604DA006-24C2-41D1-9B91-1A7083984263.jpeg

Big difference round about the 1st. Anything happen then?
I'd start with the basics i.e. change the password and then adding in any apps you're using one at a time to see what could be triggering it. Tesla are likely to suggest the same.
Nope no changes apart from energy supplier.

The only app apart from the Tesla app I use is TM. I don’t think changing password will help so I’ll save that for last resort territory. I don’t currently use the iOS widget.

Turned my iPhone off this morning about 11am and so far the car hasn't woken up...

View attachment 848828
It could be related to a Tesla app update. Maybe this is how they’ve addressed the alarm issue with some models?
I did notice my car woke up when I got home late in the evening, the other day. As I walked past the car, the usual wake up sounds started up, even though I didn’t try to open the car. Maybe the new app wakes up the car when the phone comes into BT range?

It could be related to a Tesla app update. Maybe this is how they’ve addressed the alarm issue with some models?
I did notice my car woke up when I got home late in the evening, the other day. As I walked past the car, the usual wake up sounds started up, even though I didn’t try to open the car. Maybe the new app wakes up the car when the phone comes into BT range?
There was a new version 5 days ago 4.12.0
I'm on 4.12.0-2557 Perhaps the people with issues can check their version numbers. Maybe a back end change that needs/doesn't need the new app version?

There was a new version 5 days ago 4.12.0
I'm on 4.12.0-2557 Perhaps the people with issues can check their version numbers. Maybe a back end change that needs/doesn't need the new app version?
Nothing in the logs that would raise suspicions. I’m on so version/build 4.12.0-1257 (iOS). I’m going to isolate the app to see if that changes things.

Ours is pretty consistently doing this daily between 7:30am and 8pm.

Just putting it out there, did other people seeing this report the door opening alarm going off to Tesla?

Not that its fixed the problem or 7:30am is early enough not to wake the neighbours at 5am if accidentally forgetting to not just open drivers door.

tbh. Its not much of a bother. Doesn't seem to be depleting the battery like it would if sentry was active - it just takes up log space in TeslaFi.

Just putting it out there, did other people seeing this report the door opening alarm going off to Tesla?

Not that its fixed the problem or 7:30am is early enough not to wake the neighbours at 5am if accidentally forgetting to not just open drivers door.

tbh. Its not much of a bother. Doesn't seem to be depleting the battery like it would if sentry was active - it just takes up log space in TeslaFi.
I set up an SC appointment for the alarm but it was of course cancelled. I too had the latest iOS app but the alarm issue was only cured under 2022.24.6

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Durzel

Yes I reported the alarm issue to Tesla but they closed the ticket saying they were aware and will sort in a future update.

Isolating the app (disabling data and Bluetooth) on both mine and my wife's phones makes no difference to my car waking. Tesla called me up about this which is a first; normally I get text messages.

I've given up on trying to figure it out as it's not worth my time anymore among the other issues currently present. The car still drives, I guess.

Sit' rep': Phone is still off, car is still asleep, that's around 16 hours now which is about 6 hours longer than it had managed since Tuesday afternoon.

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 15.22.46.png

I had, I believe, removed all the Tesla app widgets from my home screens last night (I use Focus profiles to change home screens so have the widget used at least 3 times) but the car still awoke at 4:30am this morning.

I'll be turning my phone on in a couple of hours time and I'll see what happens. I'm guessing that the car won't wake until I wake it in the morning and if the widgets the issue it should be ok, if the app is the issue then I guess the car will start waking up again later tomorrow.

I don't know if I ever had the alarm issue as I always wake the car (and put the AC on) with the app before getting in.

Sit' rep': Phone is still off, car is still asleep, that's around 16 hours now which is about 6 hours longer than it had managed since Tuesday afternoon.

View attachment 848901

I had, I believe, removed all the Tesla app widgets from my home screens last night (I use Focus profiles to change home screens so have the widget used at least 3 times) but the car still awoke at 4:30am this morning.

I'll be turning my phone on in a couple of hours time and I'll see what happens. I'm guessing that the car won't wake until I wake it in the morning and if the widgets the issue it should be ok, if the app is the issue then I guess the car will start waking up again later tomorrow.

I don't know if I ever had the alarm issue as I always wake the car (and put the AC on) with the app before getting in.
I’ve never used any of the widgets. I think this is a background thing that’s going on.