Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.4.5 Software release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back up camera lag is fixed. Driver profile is easier to find when entering vehicle.

I’ve yet to try to update auto pilot and regen braking (at low speeds). I don’t have heated wipers but it would be cool to get that installed the next time I need a new windshield.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Yippee! I was about to be squashed when the car decided to change to my wife's profile and luckily the magic profile button was back on top of the main page.
AFAICT, the car goes to the most-recently-set profile. Which as you note doesn't work well for people who share the car with someone of a significantly different height! I wish it would use the profile of whoever is in the driver's seat. I'm pretty sure it knows which of us got in the driver's side; it's almost certainly got separate Bluetooth sensors on the two sides of the vehicle, and it knows the difference between our phones. Not to mention when only one of us is in BT range it could certainly select the appropriate profile.

Reactions: No_ICE
Is there a way the car can figure out who is driving the car depending on who's phone is used to unlock the driver's side? So that you don't even have to manually select driver profile? My wife is so much smaller than me that I can't even get into the seat with her seat position.

AFAICT, the car goes to the most-recently-set profile. Which as you note doesn't work well for people who share the car with someone of a significantly different height! I wish it would use the profile of whoever is in the driver's seat. I'm pretty sure it knows which of us got in the driver's side; it's almost certainly got separate Bluetooth sensors on the two sides of the vehicle, and it knows the difference between our phones. Not to mention when only one of us is in BT range it could certainly select the appropriate profile.
I recently saw a Youtube video to connect phone/keyfob/card to one's driver profile. I have done that.

G5ud0Ud.jpg

Charging info has been reduced to almost being unreadable.

My wife never drives the car, so it isn't a "this is what I used last time" situation... it selects the profile associated with the phone that it links to first when the car wakes up. Most of the time I picks my phone but when it picks my wife's phone I am in danger.

Keith

Reactions: Johnny Vector
My wife never drives the car, so it isn't a "this is what I used last time" situation... it selects the profile associated with the phone that it links to first when the car wakes up. Most of the time I picks my phone but when it picks my wife's phone I am in danger.

Keith
Weird. That's definitely not how mine works. Guess I should go check the lock profiles in the car.

I've noticed these past few updates no longer push to the app and let me know they're available. I only find out when I get in the car and I'm ready to leave. Has anyone else noticed this?
100% agree with you. Much better to agree to update from the app. But I can change the color of the car or watch a dancing light show 😞