Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.1 preventing sleeping on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changed my Tesla account password, rebooted car (dual scroll wheel), left app logged out. USB stick still unplugged.

Car appeared to sleep (left in drive for a couple of hours, came out and heard HV contacts click when I entered car). Will leave overnight to see if there’s no battery drain.

If it sleeps overnight then I’m going to leave iOS app logged out for 24 hours.

Wonderful...
1667422031139.png

My car is now having the same insomnia issue. For me it started after the latest FSD beta update. I am currently on 2022.36.20.

Similar to a previous post, TeslaMate shows my car charging slightly every 56 minutes.

What I think I have narrowed this down to is that Sentry Mode is still active even though I have the toggle to disable it at home activated.
I have also verified that Home is still set at the proper location in the Navigation settings.

I have rebooted several times and checked the other settings, such as Summon.

When I turn off Sentry Mode, the car goes to sleep.

I have not had this issue before the download. I believe this is a bug.

I am on Pixel 6 Pro Android and have the latest app version installed.

My car is now having the same insomnia issue. For me it started after the latest FSD beta update. I am currently on 2022.36.20.

Similar to a previous post, TeslaMate shows my car charging slightly every 56 minutes.

What I think I have narrowed this down to is that Sentry Mode is still active even though I have the toggle to disable it at home activated.
I have also verified that Home is still set at the proper location in the Navigation settings.

I have rebooted several times and checked the other settings, such as Summon.

When I turn off Sentry Mode, the car goes to sleep.

I have not had this issue before the download. I believe this is a bug.

I am on Pixel 6 Pro Android and have the latest app version installed.
I believe I saw this happen to me as well. No longer an issue on 2022.40.4.1

Same for me ever since I got FSD beta 2022.36.20 weeks ago
I normally have sentry mode enabled so my car does not sleep. But, since I have 2022.36.20, I decided to give it a try. Using the mobile app, I turned off sentry mode. About 30 min later, as expected my car went to sleep. I don't subscribe to Teslafi, but I do use both Teslamate and the Home Assistant Tesla custom integration to pull status from the car. I did not disable these interfaces.

So, everything worked as before for me.

I normally have sentry mode enabled so my car does not sleep. But, since I have 2022.36.20, I decided to give it a try. Using the mobile app, I turned off sentry mode. About 30 min later, as expected my car went to sleep. I don't subscribe to Teslafi, but I do use both Teslamate and the Home Assistant Tesla custom integration to pull status from the car. I did not disable these interfaces.

So, everything worked as before for me.
Same for me TeslaMate verified my car was not sleeping. I usually have Sentry mode on, but the Disable at Home slider checked. Pretty sure that is where the bug is in this version. Turning off Sentry Mode completely and my car goes right to sleep.

My car also won't sleep anymore. I have Teslamate enabled and it won't sleep now and then. I read that some people notice that the 12V battery is charged. Where can I see that in Teslamate? I changed my password and only enabled Teslamate to do some diagnostics. Even the app isn't connected anymore. Suppose I also disable Teslamate, how can I check if my car is sleeping? I have a 2018 Model S.