Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.1 preventing sleeping on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this installed Friday (October 28th) morning. I was parked at the airport all week prior to install and the car was sleeping perfectly per teslafi. After install car refuses to sleep. Not a single thing changed except for the software install.

Anyone else seeing the same on this version?

Rebooted, both by power off in screen and waiting 3 minutes (still heard a fan running) as well as double scroll wheel reboot.

Still says idling in teslafi. Confirmed no changes to settings (sentry off, cabin overheat protection off).

Last step is to remove teslafi as the car is losing 1-2% per night parked.

Well this is an interesting one! So you seem to have tried all the logical steps. At this point my “guess” it there is a problem with the 12v battery which the BMS sees, but is not showing you an alert and that it is keeping the car awake to ensure power is available to the 12v system. You can check “Notifications” on the “Service” page.

I would call Tesla and have them run a remote diagnostics.

At this point my “guess” it there is a problem with the 12v battery which the BMS sees, but is not showing you an alert and that it is keeping the car awake to ensure power is available to the 12v system.

I wasn't aware that the BMS could keep the car awake because of a 12v problem. Is there something in the literature that states that? Because if it doesn't, maybe it would be a good feature for Tesla to add.

My MY stopped sleeping with 2022.20.18. I'm loosing about 4%/day. I've done everything trs23 did plus removed the token from Teslafi. Also removed the usb drive as I'm grasping at straws here. Nothing allows it to sleep.
What is going on?

Removed teslafi token. Lost 2% overnight (10 hours). Car definitely not sleeping because I was at the airport last week for 5 days and it lost only 1% the entire week.

The only thing that has changed was the software upgrade on the car.

Super frustrating.

Well, you can try changing your Tesla online password (can change it back later), but do not change it anywhere else, such as in the Tesla app. This will isolate the car from everything. If this solves the problem then something is trying to talk to the car and that is keeping it awake.

Reboot the car after changing the password.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Just got this installed Friday (October 28th) morning. I was parked at the airport all week prior to install and the car was sleeping perfectly per teslafi. After install car refuses to sleep. Not a single thing changed except for the software install.

Anyone else seeing the same on this version?
Last I heard was that Tesla had stopped pushing out V.40 because of a major bug. Maybe this is the bug?

• Helpful
Reactions: ATPMSD
How do you measure that the car has lost 2% overnight? TeslaFi would have helped by showing both the expected SOC and the usable SOC because of temperature (the blue number). I think the mobile app just shows the usable SOC, and that's also the percentage that's shown in the car, although the big battery graphic would then show a blue slice. You're in in Seattle, temperatures might be dropping. It doesn't have to be freezing for a blue portion to appear.

TeslaFi would also clearly show if the car is sleeping or not anyway.

Stats before I disabled teslafi:

Friday - 2 sleeps, 3 attempts, total time 9 hours 56 minutes
Software installed Friday afternoon
Saturday - 11 Attempts, 0 minutes total time
Sunday - 30 Attempts, 0 minutes
Monday - 2 Attempts, 0 minutes (deleted token in the evening)
Tuesday - Updated IOS app, Disabled sentry, removed USB key, Parked in office parking garage (heated) @ 8am with 64% shown in app, 61% shown in app at 4pm.

I do not have any more ideas to get the car to sleep.
Open to more suggestions