Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only ordered my MY LR on Friday and I'm already getting impatient because it's not showing in my tesla account 😂 I've ordered this through our leasing company at work so i knew it would likely be weeks before i hear anything, i was just hoping that since it still says May on the order page (White with 20s) they might have some ready to go! Wishful thinking i suppose.

Reactions: Snowy77
I only ordered my MY LR on Friday and I'm already getting impatient because it's not showing in my tesla account 😂 I've ordered this through our leasing company at work so i knew it would likely be weeks before i hear anything, i was just hoping that since it still says May on the order page (White with 20s) they might have some ready to go! Wishful thinking i suppose.
It won't show if its a lease, not until you can get the VIN number at which point you'll likely have a more clearer indication of delivery date anyway, I am the same, I reserved two on different accounts through business and they've now disappeared from the account as the lease company has sorted the finance unfortunately

The delivery matching orders is something that does not make any sense at all. I feel this is a bad experience from Tesla. I really don't mind to wait 8 months or more if I know that before placing the order. In my case I have an order of M3 LR since September 16th (no leasing or other paper that might block the delivery) initially planned for delivery in December 2021. However in November I got announced by my TA that delivery will be pushed out in Q1 2022 and in March I was announced again that my delivery is pushed out into Q2. Meanwhile I have seen many orders, including ones similar to my configuration (Red, White interior, 18 aeros) done after me in October, November, December 2021, even January 2022 that got delivered in Q1 2022. I just feel tricked and disregarded by Tesla. I don't know what I can do, how can I talk with someone other than my TA that does not know nothing. The bad part is if I don't get a VIN by mid-May (which probably I wouldn't because of the factory shutdown in China), I will loose 10500 euro in government incentive funds for new electric vehicle purchase due to 240 days expiration is due on May 16th.

Out of curiosity, how many cars fit on one of these vessels, around 4,000?
You will read about some new carriers being able to take 7000 - 8000 cars but that isn't the case in reality.
A RoRo ship's capacity is measured in what are known as RT43 units. This is based on the dimensions of a 1966 Toyota Corona (4m x1.5m).
You will have straight away noticed that a Model 3 or Model Y is both longer and wider than that but also that they are considerably heavier too.
So although the RCC AMERICA has an RT43 capacity of 6595 in reality she will carry only about 3500-3800 Teslas at most.

It won't show if its a lease, not until you can get the VIN number at which point you'll likely have a more clearer indication of delivery date anyway, I am the same, I reserved two on different accounts through business and they've now disappeared from the account as the lease company has sorted the finance unfortunately
What makes it worse is that although it's the first one I've ordered for me personally, I have ordered a Tesla using the same company so I know nothing shows on the account 🤦‍♂️

I had to put up with someone else asking me every other day a couple of years ago, I didn't care then though 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Zeit93
sorry, meant to say i'm on the VesselFinder website, not MarineTraffic 😥
To be clear, I'm pretty confident that SUNRISE ACE is not a Tesla ship.
As for the various apps and websites, they are all pretty much of a muchness with, in my opinion, marinetraffic.com and vesselfinder.com being the most useful. The marinetraffic.com app can be quite useful if you only want to track a single ship with £0.99 per day for satellite updates. I would of course wait until the ship is out of range of the terrestrial receivers before using the 99p service.
Otherwise you a generally looking at about £100 per month for a full satellite subscription. Ouch.
Alternatively, you can just wait for my daily position updates on here for free!

Reactions: Mistergreen
No I'm not leasing but I'm in Ireland.
For a long time I had a sort of... "we'll contact you..." kind of message, until it finally updated and I had some kind of date that went from March to May. Tesla black hole.

Keeping peeled here. As soon as a UK designated boat shows up, there will for sure be movement in the 'force' and things will (hopefully) resolve!

Last edited:
You will read about some new carriers being able to take 7000 - 8000 cars but that isn't the case in reality.
A RoRo ship's capacity is measured in what are known as RT43 units. This is based on the dimensions of a 1966 Toyota Corona (4m x1.5m).
You will have straight away noticed that a Model 3 or Model Y is both longer and wider than that but also that they are considerably heavier too.
So although the RCC AMERICA has an RT43 capacity of 6595 in reality she will carry only about 3500-3800 Teslas at most.
I find the most fascinating thing is, if you drove your Tesla into the sea it would sink, but a ship can carry all these cars and not sink

The concept of the ship really is magnificent

I have a MY LR (black with Gemini wheels) on order through Tusker (company scheme). The Tusker website is showing an ‘early May’ delivery and the Order Status is showing as ‘In Transit to Dealer’. I’m hoping that means that the car has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Fingers and toes crossed.

I have a MY LR (black with Gemini wheels) on order through Tusker (company scheme). The Tusker website is showing an ‘early May’ delivery and the Order Status is showing as ‘In Transit to Dealer’. I’m hoping that means that the car has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Fingers and toes crossed.
There are no teslas on way to the U.K. yet, so take whatever your leaseco tracker tells you with a bucket of salt. Until china eases it’s lockdown nothing is moving or being made

I find the most fascinating thing is, if you drove your Tesla into the sea it would sink, but a ship can carry all these cars and not sink

The concept of the ship really is magnificent
Its all about Density. Not sure a Tesla filled with air would sink to be honest.
I did try to find out once but the water wasn't quite deep enough.

Now that was pretty dense!

Not having openings below the waterline is probably one of the the key design decision that makes ships better ocean going vessels than cars but on the other hand they are crap for the weekly supermarket run so its its all relative.

Are you leasing by any chance? You may just be getting witheld from the info. Otherwise, probably Tesla dosn't have any indication yet, it really is a black hole sometimes. Keep my fingers crossed for you that you at least get something to work with. Sometimes not knowing is worse. Go on to the UK Tesla webpage, and hit the famous speech bubble and see if a rep can give you any clue. It's worth a shot.

@DENO1234 come join us on: UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion

iLoads of folks in same position as you 🍻
I've never been able to see that speech bubble! They must be avoiding me :p

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
For a long time I had a sort of... "we'll contact you..." kind of message, until it finally updated and I had some kind of date that went from March to May. Tesla black hole.

Keeping peeled here. As soon as a UK designated boat shows up, there will for sure be movement in the 'force' and things will (hopefully) resolve!
Just called Tesla and have been given a date of May 17th - June 14th but that is obviously subject to change and reason it is not showing on my account. Asked about the possible delay due to Shanghai and was told they don't expect it to affect this batch of deliveries but may impact subsequent batches. Just FYI for anybody who is awaiting delivery.

Just called Tesla and have been given a date of May 17th - June 14th but that is obviously subject to change and reason it is not showing on my account. Asked about the possible delay due to Shanghai and was told they don't expect it to affect this batch of deliveries but may impact subsequent batches. Just FYI for anybody who is awaiting delivery.
Cheers that's an interesting update 🍻

That's a highly charged claim that they don't expect the delay to affect initial batch. That is indeed significant. Well then, lets see guys! Could re-enforce this persisting early May estimate :)

Its all about Density. Not sure a Tesla filled with air would sink to be honest.
I did try to find out once but the water wasn't quite deep enough.

Now that was pretty dense!

Not having openings below the waterline is probably one of the the key design decision that makes ships better ocean going vessels than cars but on the other hand they are crap for the weekly supermarket run so its its all relative.
Crikey. Now hands up those that would have been ballsy enough to do this..... NOT ME! 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.