Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RCC America is due into Zeebrugge 27th May. This maybe useless information but thought I would share it…
Yes she is, which suggests that she isn't going there direct from Shanghai. There are a couple of weeks missing.

Then again, just because she turns up at Zeebrugge, the busiest RoRo port in the world, it doesn't actually mean much.
MORNING LADY departed Shanghai on 03 Apr and will arrive there on 07 May but she is not carrying Teslas.

Sadly with the GF remaining closed I'm not holding my breath for a ship anytime soon.....

Last edited:
I did ring Tesla yesterday. They gave me provisional date range of May 17th - June 14th. They advised it is not appearing on my account as the date is not yet locked in.
even when it does appear it is an estimate so "locked in" is a relative term. My "locked in" estimate has changed twice so far. And unless the factory re-opens very soon I am expecting a third change

So more info has trickled in about RCC AMERICA.
She apparently actually did a partial load whilst alongside at Shanghai South and the plan is for her to complete her loading at the main Haitong terminal.
Whilst this is unusual it is not unprecedented since HELIOS RAY did exactly this last quarter - she went on to Koper via Ashdod.
So RCC AMERICA remains of interest to us.

In the meantime, SUNRISE ACE, which is not a suspect, is moving alongside Shanghai South.

Meanwhile over in San Francisco, I note that GRAND PACE is inbound. Whether this will be to Pier 80 remains uncertain.
I have put a call out to my San Francisco dog walker to see if he can add anything to this development.

Last edited:
She apparently actually did a partial load whilst alongside at Shanghai South and the plan is for her to complete her loading at the main Haitong terminal.
Whilst this is unusual it is not unprecedented since HELIOS RAY did exactly this last quarter - she went on to Koper via Ashdod.

In the meantime, SUNRISE ACE, which is not a suspect, is moving alongside Shanghai South.

Meanwhile over in San Francisco, I note that GRAND PACE is inbound. Whether this will be to Pier 80 remains uncertain.
I have put a call out to my San Francisco dog walker to see if he can add anything to this development.
Partial load could be to take cars built before the shutdown. Would explain why some haven’t seen their dates change.

1649328289011.png

Mr Miserable: the Hopium pusher! :D

You arn't suggesting they might send some more US built cars here are you?? they have never made RHD MY in the US can't see them starting now surely. And TBH I would rather wait for a Chinese/German car. Been there seen that done it got the panel gaps.

On a separate note how far does your dog walk!!

Found this on the Stena Glovis website which lists the RCC America. Not sure what to make of it though - maybe Mr Miserable or others will know if it helps work out whats going on.
That's a great spot. It confirms the idea that RCC AMERICA is northbound to S Korea.
The fact that she is scheduled in to Zeebrugge in late May means that she could return to Shanghai in a couple of weeks time.

That's a great spot. It confirms the idea that RCC AMERICA is northbound to S Korea.
The fact that she is scheduled in to Zeebrugge in late May means that she could return to Shanghai in a couple of weeks time.
So you're saying she could swing back round to Shanghai in a couple of weeks, hopefully then be able to load some cars from the GF, then head over to Zeebrugge? Do you know yet whether she'll then head over to Southampton or another UK port after that?

You arn't suggesting they might send some more US built cars here are you?? they have never made RHD MY in the US can't see them starting now surely. And TBH I would rather wait for a Chinese/German car. Been there seen that done it got the panel gaps.

On a separate note how far does your dog walk!!
Ahh. For those that are unaware of the San Francisco dog walker, there is a chap that walks his dog on a route that passes an office with a very visible whiteboard. One evening he noticed that the whiteboard had details of ships calling at Pier 80 and he kindly passed those details on to me. It's not his normal dog walking route and he needs to do it in the evening when the office is unoccupied. Pier 80 is the pier Tesla use to export Model 3 and Y from the Fremont factory. I'm not suggesting anything is coming our way - since Shanghai ramped up the only exports from Pier 80 are to Taiwan and I expect that to continue in Q2. If GRAND PACE does call at Pier 80 tomorrow I'm pretty sure she will head off to Taiwan.

Reactions: QuanTim and Snowy77
Status
Not open for further replies.