Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh. For those that are unaware of the San Francisco dog walker, there is a chap that walks his dog on a route that passes an office with a very visible whiteboard. One evening he noticed that the whiteboard had details of ships calling at Pier 80 and he kindly passed those details on to me. It's not his normal dog walking route and he needs to do it in the evening when the office is unoccupied. Pier 80 is the pier Tesla use to export Model 3 and Y from the Fremont factory. I'm not suggesting anything is coming our way - since Shanghai ramped up the only exports from Pier 80 are to Taiwan and I expect that to continue in Q2. If GRAND PACE does call at Pier 80 tomorrow I'm pretty sure she will head off to Taiwan.
Mr Miserable, are you actually a spy? You literally have assets on the ground 😎

• Funny
Reactions: QuanTim
You arn't suggesting they might send some more US built cars here are you?? they have never made RHD MY in the US can't see them starting now surely. And TBH I would rather wait for a Chinese/German car. Been there seen that done it got the panel gaps.

On a separate note how far does your dog walk!!
This would be a huge predicament for me... it sounds bad, but I don't trust the build quality coming out of Freemont and think I would rather not accept delivery from there. I would trust Texas once it ramps, since it's a dedicated Tesla factory, but Freemont.... gives me the heebie-jeebies

I feel the same, would rather wait a month or two for a MiC or Berlin model - i imagine 90% of Fremont's are fine and you only hear about the bad ones but i've been conditioned by hours of Youtube to think Fremont=Inferior.
I have one and its actually been OK. no regrets. But I don't want another one if there is an alternative.

With these continued delays in Shanghai I can't see how there won't be delays now.

Unless Tesla had an ace up their sleeve and the vehicles were transported to a different port

Or were perhaps collected prior to the lockdown

Doubt it though

Just read in an article

"Before the Q2 earnings call, Tesla revealed that Model Y deliveries in Europe would begin this quarter. As per Tesla’s recent Update Letter, European demand “remains well above supply,” causing lengthy wait times for delivery. So far, Giga Shanghai exports have been helping the Fremont Factory meet the demand for Tesla cars in Europe."

Could UK orders touted for may delivery actually be coming from Freemont?

Just read in an article

"Before the Q2 earnings call, Tesla revealed that Model Y deliveries in Europe would begin this quarter. As per Tesla’s recent Update Letter, European demand “remains well above supply,” causing lengthy wait times for delivery. So far, Giga Shanghai exports have been helping the Fremont Factory meet the demand for Tesla cars in Europe."

Could UK orders touted for may delivery actually be coming from Freemont?
Fremont has never built rhd MY and not built RHD M3 in years so tooling and parts logistics would suggest UK supply from Fremont highly unlikely I would think

Reactions: QuanTim
Me too.

I hope that Tesla Berlin will start production Model 3 for Europe - because it doesn't look like Shanghai will stop lockdown in next weeks
Back when Giga Berlin was in it's infancy of being built, and after Battery Day, I had hope that they would produce Model 3's with structural battery packs pretty soon after they opened.

Unfortunately, it looks like M3's being produced in Giga Berlin is quite some time away. I would say at least 2 years if even that (or if at all).

Reactions: Snowy77
Still saying May 11 though. Tesla seem optimistic that something may come through.

I still personally think that MAY EDD is just an indicator on how far up the list some people are.

I just get itchy pacing waiting for Shanghai docks to provide something.... ANYTHING!

At the very least, the weekend will use up some time, and a lot can happen in 3 days lol 😂

Reactions: indeniall
Still saying May 11 though. Tesla seem optimistic that something may come through.

I still personally think that MAY EDD is just an indicator on how far up the list some people are.

I just get itchy pacing waiting for Shanghai docks to provide something.... ANYTHING!

At the very least, the weekend will use up some time, and a lot can happen in 3 days lol 😂
Mine still says May 3 so there’s something on its way.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Is there any likelihood that Model Y’s will come from Berlin to the UK? The Berlin GF licence seems to be for 500,000 units p.a and there is an interesting article on the FT website about Shanghai needing to service the China market before Tesla lose ground on EV sales to Chinese manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.