Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are NOT "that smart". I have cash available for my September 16th 2021 order for a M3 LR, but they did not prioritise my order, instead I see a lot of orders with leasing, orders few months after mine (Oct, Nov, Dec), that got delivered in February and March 2022. Now with the factory in China closed I most probably won't get delivery in May either. On top of that Tesla will have to pay from their pocket 10k Euro because from their side of agreement they failed to deliver the car in 240 days (8 months), when the government incentives allocated for my new electric car will expire on May 15th. BTW my initial EDD was December 2021 but got pushed out for March2022, then to May 2022. Also I am not the only one in this situation here in Romania, so I think Tesla will have to cover some losses in this regard. This is just poor planning, someone should get fired for this.
Not sure if the contract is the same in Romania but in Ireland the contract clearly states that it a government grant changes that Tesla are not responsible for that and the purchaser needs to make up the shortfall.

This makes no difference to Tesla at all. The financiers, in my case Lex Autolease, they pay Tesla in full and them the lease contract is undertaken by myself, I will then pay deposit and monthly payments for a period, then Lex will take back the car and sell it (or I am led to believe you can actually buy at the end from Lex, they're the only contract hire that allow this I think).

Hi Zeit93,

I have also ordered through Lex Autolease. I have gone for a Model Y, How did you find them at updating you? I have found them hard work in providing any meaningful updates. I have a Estimated Stock Date of the 10/06/22. How far in advance did you receive anything further from them like a VIN, Estimated Delivery Date etc? Also did you get an order number from them so you could contact Telsa direct for updates?
Would be good to get an idea if there are any delays given the issues in Shanghai.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Zeit93,

I have also ordered through Lex Autolease. I have gone for a Model Y, How did you find them at updating you? I have found them hard work in providing any meaningful updates. I have a Estimated Stock Date of the 10/06/22. How far in advance did you receive anything further from them like a VIN, Estimated Delivery Date etc? Also did you get an order number from them so you could contact Telsa direct for updates?
Would be good to get an idea if there are any delays given the issues in Shanghai.

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve

I actually reserved the cars myself on Tesla's website, then I got them through Drive Electric after being recommended through Lloyd's via our bank manager

This meant that Drive Electric used Lex autolease as the financier.

They then took over my RN numbers, you should be able to at least get an RN number from them

But I haven't heard a single thing since, we won't receive any VINs until they are half way here on the ship from other peoples past experiences and from what Tesla have told me also. The bottom line is nobody knows, groups of us have similar EDD's stretching from early may to late june, so I guess it really is just a waiting game. Not ideal but what can we do other than play guessing games with shipping lines and speculate

M3P

Color: Black in , White out
FSD: No

Ordered: 14/3

Tesla told me they deliver to Greece every third month. They told me that it will be delivered on June for sure (when i ordered it)

We get the cars from Giga Shanghai, which is now fking closed, will this affect my delivery? I asked Tesla they didnt even heard it was closed (i was like wtf)

I dont get it, since Giga Berlin is open why they dont just delivery the cars IN Europe from WITHIN Europe factory...jeez, prices went up again, cmon...what is this...

What u think?

GLOVIS Spirit any interest? She’s been to Southampton and is on the way to Singapore. Not sure if she’s then travelling on to Shanghai and then back to Southampton?
Not on her present voyage. That applies to GLOVIS CLIPPER and GLOVIS CHALLENGE too.
GLOVIS SIGMA which was enroute to Shanghai has now diverted to S Korea.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
Hi Steve

I actually reserved the cars myself on Tesla's website, then I got them through Drive Electric after being recommended through Lloyd's via our bank manager

This meant that Drive Electric used Lex autolease as the financier.

They then took over my RN numbers, you should be able to at least get an RN number from them

But I haven't heard a single thing since, we won't receive any VINs until they are half way here on the ship from other peoples past experiences and from what Tesla have told me also. The bottom line is nobody knows, groups of us have similar EDD's stretching from early may to late june, so I guess it really is just a waiting game. Not ideal but what can we do other than play guessing games with shipping lines and speculate

Thanks Zeit93

The above is really useful. I will try and get the RN number and join the waiting game with everyone else then! Seems like this is the right thread to follow so will stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Steve

We get the cars from Giga Shanghai, which is now fking closed, will this affect my delivery?

I dont get it, since Giga Berlin is open why they dont just delivery the cars IN Europe from WITHIN Europe factory...jeez, prices went up again, cmon...what is this...

What u think?
If the factory is closed I think it will affect your delivery, don't you?
They don't make Model 3s in Berlin.

• Funny
Reactions: DrPhlegm
Status
Not open for further replies.