Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about HOEGH BANGKOK? I see that now it is in Shanghai, it should leave port today and go to Zeebrugge

Mr miserable wrote this about it earlier:

"HOEGH BANGKOK is a scheduled service. Tesla have used Hoegh services in previous quarters to move vehicles to Zeebrugge particularly at the beginning of a quarter. They have never used the service to move vehicles to Southampton.
The good news about the Hoegh service is that it's very easy to see whether your car is onboard - you just enter your VIN and voila!
So the bottom line is that if you are in the UK, this is not your ship but if you are in EU and you have a VIN then you can check once the ship has departed.
I wouldn't hold your breath though."

but if you are in EU and you have a VIN then you can check once the ship has departed.
I wouldn't hold your breath though."

So there is a chance for me :) - just wait for VIN - And I know from Polish group on Facebook that yesterday some people which order TM3 Performance get Text from Tesla Poland - "If They are ready with finance for delivery?" - so it looks really promising for me.

Last edited:
What about HOEGH BANGKOK? I see that now it is in Shanghai, it should leave port today and go to Zeebrugge
I have just read the last couple of pages of this thread, but have not seen any information if there are any cars to be picked up at all from Gigafactory Shanghai. This thread would be useless at the moment if there was nothing to be picked up ;-)

I have just read the last couple of pages of this thread, but have not seen any information if there are any cars to be picked up at all from Gigafactory Shanghai. This thread would be useless at the moment if there was nothing to be picked up ;-)
Same question. There was a ship left Shanghai in 5 Mar, arrived Ze. around 10 days ago. Does anyone got VIN from that ship?

Same question. There was a ship left Shanghai in 5 Mar, arrived Ze. around 10 days ago. Does anyone got VIN from that ship?
There are lots of ships that call at Shanghai and Zeebrugge and most of them don't have Teslas onboard. If you had read the very first post on this thread you would realise that a ship departing Shanghai on 5 Mar is very unlikely to be carrying Teslas. Additionally, since I have not mentioned any such ship that should give you a clue that there were no Teslas shipped on it.
To recap:
1. There are no ships carrying Teslas on their way to EU/UK at present.
2. The factory remains closed and so it is very unlikely to be any ships until the factory reopens.
3. If you have received or found a VIN (starting LRW) please let me know (nobody has) because this is a good indication that your car is on a ship.
4. I will let you know on this thread if I think a ship is worth tracking.

Whilst the port in Shanghai remains open it's pretty clear to me that the turnround time at present is much increased which would indicate a probable labour shortage. Many RoRos that were scheduled to call at Shanghai have diverted to other ports or just skipped their Shanghai stop completely. Of concern will be parking spaces - many ships that called were offloading Japanese/Korean vehicles and since there hasn't been the ability to move these vehicles from the docks available parking space will now be at a premium. This may affect exporters like Tesla when their factories reopen as the first call on car transporters will be to clear the docks to make space.

• Informative
Reactions: delta0 and QuanTim
Reports of the factory reopening next week so hopefully cars will be on their way soon. I imagine they have a lot already built.
There is a lot of nonesense being talked about the GF opening up again under a closed loop arrangement whereby the workers remain on site and don't mix with the remainder of the population. This idea hasn't been thought through properly and is pretty fanciful. Whilst a limited 'closed loop' option may be on offer the idea that it will allow the factory to resume production at former levels is utterly unrealistic. If anything it will allow certain functions that urgently need care and maintenance to be attended to and 'enablers' to prepare equipment which will enable a quicker and smoother transition to the eventual opening up of the GF in due course. It's not as if there is a single switch that can be thrown and everything is hunky-dory: it will be a slow ramp-up of production when the GF does eventually reopen.

Reactions: XHabjab
Whilst the port in Shanghai remains open it's pretty clear to me that the turnround time at present is much increased which would indicate a probable labour shortage. Many RoRos that were scheduled to call at Shanghai have diverted to other ports or just skipped their Shanghai stop completely. Of concern will be parking spaces - many ships that called were offloading Japanese/Korean vehicles and since there hasn't been the ability to move these vehicles from the docks available parking space will now be at a premium. This may affect exporters like Tesla when their factories reopen as the first call on car transporters will be to clear the docks to make space.
Knew it! These Hyundais again taking up our place on the docks😜

There is a lot of nonesense being talked about the GF opening up again under a closed loop arrangement whereby the workers remain on site and don't mix with the remainder of the population. This idea hasn't been thought through properly and is pretty fanciful. Whilst a limited 'closed loop' option may be on offer the idea that it will allow the factory to resume production at former levels is utterly unrealistic. If anything it will allow certain functions that urgently need care and maintenance to be attended to and 'enablers' to prepare equipment which will enable a quicker and smoother transition to the eventual opening up of the GF in due course. It's not as if there is a single switch that can be thrown and everything is hunky-dory: it will be a slow ramp-up of production when the GF does eventually reopen.
The closed door operation is what CATL, GM and others have been doing however that was something talked about a couple of weeks ago. As of today they are not talking about this but rather reopening the factory on Monday or during the coming week. It will take a few weeks to ramp up the production again but it is at least good news. I’m not aware of any shipments that went out before the closure so there could also be cars waiting so filling a ship may not take too long.

I think the idea that something will start happening at GF Shanghai is a positive. Obviously, as you say, ramp up will be limited and of course it will take them weeks if not months to get back to maximum volume production. But, that there are signs of people getting back, even if for general maintenance, is a good sign. They might even be able to mobilise people to shift already made cars to the docks, if they can find space (as you say, ports will be congested for a while yet). (And hopefully one of them is mine! :D)

I for one am happy that there are signs that total lockdown may be easing.

I'm not sure why GRAND PACE didn't depart Pier 80 yesterday since I understand she was closed up and ready to depart at 0400.
Whatever, it now looks like she is once again preparing to depart within the next hour to Taiwan.

UPDATE: She is departing now 04:40 local

IRIS ACE will dock at Pier 80 on Sunday.
Her destination is presently unknown but it will probably be Taiwan or possibly S Korea.

Last edited:

Getting the vehicles to the pier is the least of the problems, it's only a 10-minute drive to the South pier.
The suppliers all need to be able to restart their production and be integrated into a closed supply chain.
If only one or two can't manage that, then everything will still be at a standstill.

Greets from German Tesla-Forum

Getting the vehicles to the pier is the least of the problems, it's only a 10-minute drive to the South pier.
The suppliers all need to be able to restart their production and be integrated into a closed supply chain.
If only one or two can't manage that, then everything will still be at a standstill.

First bit of reliable news or hope if this is reported in Reuters!

Sounds like suppliers like CATL didn’t shutdown and kept staff at the factory. However you are completely right, the entire system needs to get back up to and running, and that will take time.

Sounds like suppliers like CATL didn’t shutdown and kept staff at the factory. However you are completely right, the entire system needs to get back up to and running, and that will take time.
Lots of stories swirling around. I think it is best to assume that there will be long delays.

Tesla release their financial figures next week. Perhaps there will be a more official update then.

Reactions: delta0
Status
Not open for further replies.